Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Random abrupt stuttering & cue delay - Page: 1
Hello all,

Setup: (2) Denon 3900's, (1) denon x1600 mixer, & MSI dominator gt70 laptop, with most recent VDJ update.

Issue 1: While music is playing, there are random times there's an insanely loud abrupt stutter in the song. It lasts for half a second, then the music continues to play. What could cause this?

Issue 2: When a song is not playing and I press a cue button, there is delay in the song starting. When vinyl mode is off, this issue does not occur. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Inviato Tue 04 Jun 19 @ 9:45 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Windows 10? 32-bit VDJ? ASIO? If yes to all try WASAPI drivers instead. I couldn’t get Denon ASIO drivers to work no matter what I did until I went to 64-bit on Windows 10.

I’m using different hardware, though (MC-6000).

Inviato Tue 04 Jun 19 @ 11:04 pm
PhilW wrote :
Windows 10? 32-bit VDJ? ASIO? If yes to all try WASAPI drivers instead. I couldn’t get Denon ASIO drivers to work no matter what I did until I went to 64-bit on Windows 10.

I’m using different hardware, though (MC-6000).

Thanks for the response.

I have windows 10 64-bit installed. I honestly switch between using the ASIO drivers and WASAPI as the sound outputs. There is a lot of inconsistency with this hardware and VDJ. Sometimes there is popping using the ASIO drivers and sometimes there is popping using the WASAPI. Sometimes there is super lag with either of those output options. I don't know where these inconsistency's come from.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 2:35 am
I’ve never had latency issues but I’ve seen lots of people recommend latencymon to check systems for how suitable they are for real time audio applications like DJ’ing. I believe it is free to use and will look at your system for latency issues.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 3:49 am
PhilW wrote :
I’ve never had latency issues but I’ve seen lots of people recommend latencymon to check systems for how suitable they are for real time audio applications like DJ’ing. I believe it is free to use and will look at your system for latency issues.

I can check it out but let me tell you, these issues happen no matter what computer I use or what operating system I use. There is a major issue with VDJ when external soundcards are hooked up. There is no other reasoning for this.

These issues don't occur when I use my system as standalone with CDs. These issues don't occur when I use VDJ by itself with the keyboard. The issues are 100% a VDJ problem when an external soundcard is being run through it.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 4:22 pm
DJ Bertie wrote :
There is a major issue with VDJ when external soundcards are hooked up

It's not that general. It's specifically Denon kit. My Pioneer controllers have no issues.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 5:01 pm
groovindj wrote :
DJ Bertie wrote :
There is a major issue with VDJ when external soundcards are hooked up

It's not that general. It's specifically Denon kit. My Pioneer controllers have no issues.

I'm talking about the VDJ setup with Denon, I don't care about pioneer. There are persistent issues that not a single VDJ mod/rep/technician can fix. VDJ tells me it's Denon's issue and Denon tells me it's a VDJ issue.

No one knows, it should be embarrassing for everyone. I have lists upon lists of issues with VDJ, I don't understand why they don't allow me to beta test and report issues. I can find issues with VDJ any time of any day, on any computer, with every setup I've ever used. that's how bad it's gotten.

Inviato Thu 06 Jun 19 @ 5:22 pm
Did you run latencymon? What were the results? Do you have access to another controller to see if it truly is the controller? You mention it's any computer and operating system.

Inviato Thu 06 Jun 19 @ 5:33 pm
DJ Bertie wrote :

I'm talking about the VDJ setup with Denon/quote]
....then you shouldn't have said:
[quote]There is a major issue with VDJ when external soundcards are hooked up

....which implies that there's an issue with any external soundcard.

Inviato Thu 06 Jun 19 @ 5:47 pm
this sounds silly... have you replaced your usb cable lately? I recommend a usb cable with the blocks on each end to zero out em interference.

Inviato Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:27 pm
Same issue here, I've been reporting it for a year and no resolution. Have a numark ASIO external soundcard and always need to start VDJ, then close out, then reopen to not have the irritation of the song skipping for a half a second. This will occur only once per night.... it will go away, then it surfaces again. Gave up, but then see other people posting the exact same issue. Makes no sense

Inviato Thu 20 Jun 19 @ 5:37 am
Yep, and tonight it skipped on me 3 times with the clicking, pause, for about 3 seconds. Again no matter what compiter is used this happens.

Moderator please don't swear.

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 19 @ 4:53 am
TELOWEHome userMember since 2018
HAVING SAME ISSUES WITH MY SYSTEM. KEEPS STUTTERING. PAUSING STOPPING AND THAT'S WITH OR WITHOUT EXTERNAL SOUND CARD. WISH THEY WOULD SEND ME A NEW VDJ 8 SYSTEM

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 19 @ 4:03 pm
Please don’t shout. Have you run a latency checker as I mentioned earlier in this thread?

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 19 @ 6:33 pm
I am having a serious problem the shuttering for 1/2a second..it happened 5 times today while doing a gig ..i need help ..have tried every latency settings. I did run latency mon..and telling me something about cpu throttling that i should disable...i need help

Inviato Mon 06 Dec 21 @ 4:36 am
I am having a stuttering issue after about 25 minutes of playing...it only happens if i use my dj controller as the sound card but it doesn't happen when i use my laptop sound card ..i have tried everything..i used latencymon and it told me something about computer throttling and bios and also something about a driver that is Being used ...at the end of the day I just need a solution. Please thats all I am asking what should i do to stop this stuttering..it also happens on virtual dj 2020 I don't know what to do ...please help me i am desperate

Inviato Thu 09 Dec 21 @ 5:35 am
I am assuming that due to fact that i am jamaican..i cannot get any customer service from the community chat room

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 9:54 am
PhilW wrote :

I have used latencymon and got a reading but honestly don't understand what the program is asking me to do

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 9:57 am
I am having a stuttering issue..happened 5 times at a gig last Sunday..have not played since...dod the latencymon check got the results but cant understand what to do..need some assistance

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 10:09 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have a Dell, Wfd1000.sys latency issues are often caused by the Dell Support Assist program.
Uninstalling that could help.

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 10:35 am
87%