Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Random abrupt stuttering & cue delay - Page: 2
PhilW wrote :
I’ve never had latency issues but I’ve seen lots of people recommend latencymon to check systems for how suitable they are for real time audio applications like DJ’ing. I believe it is free to use and will look at your system for latency issues.

I have used latencymon and got a reading but honestly don't understand what the program is asking me to do

Adion wrote :
If you have a Dell, Wfd1000.sys latency issues are often caused by the Dell Support Assist program.
Uninstalling that could help.

I have a hp ragen 3. 1terabyte my laptop is not the issue trust me but not sure if its an update thaf windows dis

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 4:43 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Latencymon tells you that wfd1000.sys is causing latency spikes up to 35 milliseconds long.
That means even an audio latency of 1024 samples (20 milliseconds) will not be possible without stuttering.
(For live performance about 512 samples is typical, and when including inputs or scratching even lower would be recommended)

Wfd1000.sys itself is a system library that can be used by many drivers or applications, but it does show that he problem is with your computer.
So make sure to check for any updated drivers on the hp website (in particular network and motherboard) and try to remove any non-necessary software that might be running.
If you are running a third party virus scanner that's also something to look at.

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 5:01 pm
Adion wrote :
Latencymon tells you that wfd1000.sys is causing latency spikes up to 35 milliseconds long.
That means even an audio latency of 1024 samples (20 milliseconds) will not be possible without stuttering.
(For live performance about 512 samples is typical, and when including inputs or scratching even lower would be recommended)

Wfd1000.sys itself is a system library that can be used by many drivers or applications, but it does show that he problem is with your computer.
So make sure to check for any updated drivers on the hp website (in particular network and motherboard) and try to remove any non-necessary software that might be running.
If you are running a third party virus scanner that's also something to look at.

Thanks for the info ..so how do i check to see the updates that windows did...also suppose i scrubbed my machine and then reinstall windows woukd that help.....or suppose i reinstall windows 8 and delete windows 10 ..would that work????

Inviato Sun 12 Dec 21 @ 9:00 am