Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tracks with song flags = 1 aren't searchable - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I noticed that tracks in the database where the flags in the Song tag itself is "1" aren't searchable in VDJ.

The path and track exists and the track is playable and seem fine. Doesn't seem to depend on file type either. AFAIK I haven't marked any tracks "remove from search database" from VDJ (maybe accidentally? but then again, the track exist in the database..). I tried to drop in the track directly. I get all the information and can play it, but it just doesn't show up in search.

If I change the flag to "2" I'm able to search for and play the track again.

Anyone knows what happens here?

Inviato Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 5:51 am
Indeed the Flag="1" attribute inside the <Song /> element means that the track is removed from search database.
There's nothing strange on that.
Why some of your tracks have Flag=1 on the <song /> element is another story... (Most likely you accidentally clicked on remove from search database)

PS: When you right click on a track (or folder) and you select to remove from search database, the track itself does not get removed from the database. Instead it gets the Flag=1 attribute

PS2: To make the track searchable again, just remove the flag attribute all together

PS3: Please don't confuse the <Song .... Flag="1"></Song> attribute with the <Tags .... Flag="1" /> attribute. They are different...

<Song FilePath="D:\Temp\Fontella Bass - Rescue Me.mp3" FileSize="7083591" Flag="1">
<Tags Author="Fontella Bass" Title="Rescue Me" Flag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1563784815" Cover="2" />
</Song>

We are talking about the attribute in BOLD

Inviato Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 9:16 am
Thanks for the response.

Yes, we're talking about the Flag on the Song tag. I did remove the flag all together earlier (rather than setting it to 2) and all ok. Probably sausage fingers when doing batch editing somehow at sometime.. what does flag=2 mean anyway (in Song tag) since it seem to work also with this?

Inviato Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 9:41 am
Flag="2" doesn't mean anything. That's why it... works :P
Flag can be 0 or 1. All the other values are ignored. Therefore when you set its value to 2, you effectively set it to be ignored/non-existent (=zero) thus the files appear on search again.
Also in order to save database space, any attribute that equals to zero gets omitted (deleted/removed) from the XML file.
That's why if you select the file in VirtualDJ browser and select "Add to search db" you won't see the Flag to get a zero value, but you'll see it get it removed completely

Inviato Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 9:48 am
Alright. I found a bunch of tracks with Song flag set to 2 (but I couldn't find any correlation) which is why I wondered ;)

Yup, noticed the flag attribute is gone when flag=0. Thanks again. :)

Inviato Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 10:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There are some other flags used as well (such as for video and karaoke), so it's not really recommended to remove them from the xml directly.
Better to just add the music folders to your search db again from within vdj.

Inviato Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 12:01 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@ Adion

I accidentally removed All Database Info. from search in the browser thinking I was still in the target folder.

If I do as you suggested, will this recover all my file history including virtual folder contents & play list?

Thanks Joey...

Inviato Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 7:22 pm
If you just used the Remove From Search database option then yes, you just need to use Add To Search Database to add them back to the search database.
Either option does not affect playlists or virtual folders.

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 3:32 am
Thank You for the reply.
Okay, what about track history, cues, comments, rating, ect?
I was thinking adding them back this way would render them as New?

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 12:26 pm
No, that will not change (as long as the actual database.xml was not removed)

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 2:36 pm
Is there a way to "deep clean" the database so it completely removes missing files and entries from online services?

For those of us who don't want ghost entries left just in case.

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 4:09 pm
For missing files, remove missing files option

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 5:10 pm
Yeah, I thought that. What about Netsearch entries that seem to stay there forever. Short of manually editing the XML there doesn't seem a way of removing them.

For example

<Song FilePath="netsearch://dz15194531" Flag="257">
<Tags Author="Wham!" Title="Wake Me up Before You Go-Go" Album="Make It Big" Flag="1" />
<Infos SongLength="231.341474" FirstSeen="1582652423" Bitrate="320" />
<Scan Version="801" Bpm="0.736190" AltBpm="0.552132" Volume="0.636760" Key="C" Flag="32768" />
<Poi Pos="12.592789" Type="beatgrid" />
<Poi Pos="0.711111" Type="automix" Point="realStart" />
<Poi Pos="226.845896" Type="automix" Point="realEnd" />
<Poi Pos="1.200000" Type="automix" Point="fadeStart" />
<Poi Pos="217.250000" Type="automix" Point="fadeEnd" />
<Poi Pos="12.586667" Type="automix" Point="cutStart" />
<Poi Pos="213.573515" Type="automix" Point="cutEnd" />
<Poi Pos="12.594104" Type="automix" Point="tempoStart" />
<Poi Pos="185.597188" Type="automix" Point="tempoEnd" />
<Link NetSearch="dz15194531" Cover="https://cdns-images.dzcdn.net/images/cover/3c1858a4aa5d732a60c8cfcf424f24ef/500x500-000000-80-0-0.jpg" />
</Song>

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 5:40 pm
Hi Adion,

Any answer to the question regarding the netsearch items above

Inviato Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 3:20 pm
Adion wrote :
No, that will not change (as long as the actual database.xml was not removed)

Thank You Adion, you're a real lifesaver & you made my night gig's a lot less stressful... (-;

Inviato Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 4:27 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Hi Adion,

Any answer to the question regarding the netsearch items above

Creating a filter folder to find them and then remove them from search db would be the most practical solution.

Inviato Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 10:19 am
Ok, thanks. What filter would I set?

Would this remove them permanently rather than just "hiding" them?

Inviato Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 11:26 am
Thought there was a filter flag for checking online files, but seems there isn't yet so will add that.
For now you can use

file name starts with dz

For deezer tracks, with similar 2-letter abbreviations for other services (as can be found in the tag editor)

Inviato Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 1:30 pm
Cheers, would be a handy thing to have a filter

Thanks Adion

Inviato Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 2:14 pm
Can't get that filter to work. Tried a dew others as well with no luck

Inviato Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 6:04 pm
57%