Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 8
Excellent! Gonna test it next weekend.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 3:52 pm
Honestly I haven't found further major issues at this point...but I'm probably not testing everything and I've no way currently to test on Windows. The only minor thing I've found is that Phase doesn't always assume control on startup (my use case is a DJM S11 with phase in HID mode on an M1 MacBook Pro 16 GB), and in that case, I have to unplug and replug the receiver to get the remotes to respond (no VirtualDJ restart required).

Curious to know of the experience of others.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 6:03 pm
So I found another problem that may be suggesting higher resource usage in HID mode. I ran a stream today that goes to a radio station (ShoutCAST), while recording the output as flac. I was playing audio and videos (VirtualDJ was the only manually triggered user application running, I didn't check in detail for other processes), and sending vide data to a streaming laptop for output via USB-C to HDMI to capture card to USB-C.
All of this is being done on 2020 M1 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM).
I found very erractic behavour occuring - remotes randomly doing initial recalibration, very fast sing play randomly - that was enough to make me switch back to DVS records.
None of this ever occurs if I'm.just using it in HID mode (without all the extras mentioned above).

I've not compared the same situation in Phase DVS mode to see if it happens there...may try it as well soon.

Inviato Fri 26 Apr 24 @ 7:04 pm
So I got around to updating everything last night and I still get a little drift but nothing I didnt already have even with DVS while using VDJ.

Ill keep testing this week.

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 3:12 pm