Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CRSS12 Tempo sliders not working. Play button response needs tweaking. - Page: 2
Have you properly set up the unit ?
You need:
1) To connect the RCA cables of the unit to a DVS capable mixer/soundcard
2) Connect the USB cable
3) Select "Serato Mode" on CRSS12
4) Select the correct deck you want to control on CRSS12 itself by using the "DECK" button.
5) Adjust DVS settings in VirtualDJ so that the correct deck plays on the correct (for the given deck) DVS channels
6) Calibrate the DVS signal

CRSS12 works fine here.

PS: Some people think that if they use "DIGITAL VINYL" mode, they only need to connect the USB cable.
That's not the case. All that "DIGITAL VINYL" does, is to play a DVS tone stored in device firmware through it's RCA plugs.
So, you definitely need to configure your system for DVS operation.

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/plxcrss12/setup.html

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 12:43 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
PhantomDeejay you mind helping me setting up. I am having a very difficult time.

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 9:34 pm
So I am getting closer and closer to having everything set up correctly. Everything works, just seems like the left deck is faster when playing the same song and it is synced up.

Inviato Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 5:27 pm
Anyone experiencing one deck slightly faster on one deck. Anyone have a fix for this? Besides having to be on +-0?

Inviato Sun 17 Mar 24 @ 3:16 pm
Thank you @phantomdeejay but still not working.

Inviato Sun 17 Mar 24 @ 4:11 pm
No DVS signal detected on VDJ. DJM-S11 directly connected with usb-c on macbook and CRSS12 rca cables are connected on DJM-S11 as well. But works flawlessly on Serato. I think it's a parameter to adjust on VDJ but can't find where to look.

Inviato Sun 17 Mar 24 @ 4:13 pm

Inviato Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 3:46 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
So I am getting closer and closer to having everything set up correctly. Everything works, just seems like the left deck is faster when playing the same song and it is synced up.

Do the following test please:
1) Connect ONLY your first CRSS12 unit with VirtualDJ
2) Start VirtualDJ, load a track on deck 1 and play it at a random tempo other than +/-0
3) Clone the deck on the other deck.

Besides the occasional flanging, the two tracks should stay in sync and should not drift significantly inside a reasonable amount of time (like a minute or so)

Close VirtualDJ, and repeat the same test with your second unit, also controlling the same deck (1) and possibly using the same song and similar tempo

If one of the 2 units seems to get out of sync faster than the other one (or if one stays in sync while the other drifts significantly) then it's the unit itself that has issues.

If both units operate the same, then:
1) Connect everything as usual.
2) Do a sync test (clone a track on the other deck and let them play together)
3) INVERT the units (so that the unit on the left side become the unit on the right)
4) Do a sync test
Is it always the same DECK or the same CRSS12 unit that plays "faster" ?

Inviato Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 3:57 pm
Thank you very much for your support ! Finally i found the issue. It's my mistake. I connected RCA cables on Line and not Phono enter. So worked on Serato but not on VDJ. Now works flawlessly on VDJ. Thanks again

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 1:00 pm
user27212962 wrote :
Thank you very much for your support ! Finally i found the issue. It's my mistake. I connected RCA cables on Line and not Phono enter. So worked on Serato but not on VDJ. Now works flawlessly on VDJ. Thanks again

How is your pitch control?

Does it go out of sync when you play the same track together at the same pitch (speed)?

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 1:03 pm
Depend of tracks. Sometimes yes sometimes less. But i think it's normal with turntables. I think it will never be continuously syncing.

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 9:16 pm