Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Remix contest - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
well I guess I messed up cause I adheared to the 1mb and not the quality....no way to resend oh it was still fun...:)

Inviato Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 6:29 pm
I dont understand how we are gonna get the required quality, but keep it under 1 min. I have made a mix that is under 1mb, and 168, but i cant make it any longer than 45 sec. Those last 15 sec would really help. I think we should maybe choose whether we want to make it 1mb max, or 1 min max, i dont think i am alone in having trouble meeting both of these requirements.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 12:18 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Someone suggested to convert the file into mono quality, which make the filesize lower.

FRUiT94

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 12:45 am
That would be fine....the contest is on mix technique and creativity, not on the sound quality. if peeps want a good quality mix maybe for their own use after the contest, maybe just ask for one. Just my .02

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 1:13 am
I agree! Using mono kills some of the effects so that is out. I sent mine in at 128 and it was 58 seconds long that file size was 998 kb. I don't even have a 168 setting on my ripper. It goes like this

no way was I getting 192 it was 1.5 meg Imho the contest should of had a 2mb max which would of been more reasonable. I hope they have more.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 7:23 am
It's in no way possible to create a 1MB file with a 160 (!) or 192kbps bitrate... therefore i also created a 128kbps file and uploaded that one. But i also didn't got any confirmation.. hope that they got my file..
Now what when they don't judge the 128kbps files :/

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 7:08 pm
If they don't listen to the 128 KPBS files then I'm f*c**d too. I thought they meant 128 instead of 168 KBPS on the mix contest page.
Maybe someone of the team can clearify how the situation is for users likes us.

GnoedeL

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 8:37 pm
i think they meant 160kbps, because the gap between a 128 or 192 is too big.
But what they didn't realize is that a 160kbps file impossible can be 1MB or less. And beside this question, maybe the support team can make clear how to check if the file is received, or maybe could implement on the site that a message is given when a logged in user has already sent a file.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 8:58 pm
I hope they decide to allow 128 for us or perhaps give us a chance to re submit.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 8:59 pm
"Maybe someone of the team can clearify how the situation is for users likes us." - Gnoedel

I agree... a teamers input would be much appreciated to clarify what we can do about this problem.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 11:29 pm
"a teamers input would be much appreciated to clarify what we can do about this problem."

*kick for the support team*

Inviato Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 9:55 pm
rebelUKHome userMember since 2003
im not gonna listen to no ones mix, as mine wasnt that good, and if i listen to a good mix i will no mine absoultely doesnt stand a chance, but if i dont listen to how good other ppls r then , i like to think mine still has a chance :)

Inviato Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 11:50 pm
i think they mean 128kbps and its just a typing error.Cause 1min of music in 128kbps=1mb

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 1:26 pm
I thought the same way dimitri, but what was the intention of the team? Will we ever know? And who the heck is going to win? The answers to your questions are in the next episode. So stay tuned for the next episode of Batman & R .... euh ... of the VDJ Contest. (WOEHOEEE)

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 10:33 pm
lol....now this thread is getting boring.....but still no answer from the team.

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 03 @ 12:56 am
Well, just uploaded at 128, only way to keep it at 1 min long and under 1mb......all there is to do now is hope for the best. Good Luck to all other participants.

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 4:21 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Hi all,

I have spent the whole afternoon to download and listen each mixs of the contest. There are now plenty of great mixs and final choice will be really hard (but of course I am not the only judge!)

Concerning the bitrate, simply select a bitrate that is REALLY AT WORSE equal to 128kbps.
The main limit we want to see respected by all the users is the 1 minute length limit.

You have still 15 days to post your mix so hurry up!

To conclude this post, I am very proud to be the first one to wish you a wonderful happy new year :)

Bye bye 2003, see you in 2004.
Yan-X

Inviato Wed 31 Dec 03 @ 12:13 am
happy new year to you too Yan And EVERYONE on Virtual Dj Forums

Inviato Wed 31 Dec 03 @ 2:27 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I've uploaded my mix, at 128 bps.
Good luck to all my competitors,
2 days left...!!!

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 5:48 pm
sgorHome userMember since 2004
I think some people are mis-understanding what the comp was about...it is not about say having 3 songs lined up and beat slicing them into each other under a minute. My interpretation of it was that you come up with a 1 minute sample of a mix/song/sample that involves all or any of the songs listed. For instance in mine I took the treble of one song and the bass of another to achieve a new sound. With this approach I managed to come up with a sample using 6 out of the 7 songs. Hopefully it goes all right!
I also had problems like most people of fitting a song of 162Kps under 1Mb (I think this is impossible), so I had to compress it to 128Kps.
I hope they announce the winners shortly and also make available the winning mixes.
Anyone want to exchange mixes now that it has closed?

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 3:00 pm
95%