Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ Lessons from a russian dude I don't even know. - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

One of my DJ's working under me has the same opinion. That being that he mixes better when he's high. Truth be told, it slows down your reaction time, and alters your judgement. That's why I'm about to fire him. I'm not going to let someone who'd rather get high than mix properly jeopardize my club, and my residency. So I guess do what ever you need to do, just be prepared for the consequences if there are any.

.: Saint James :.

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 01 @ 5:10 pm
Santo James, how old are you? You have your own club?

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 01 @ 5:54 pm
i was just talking about the audience...:)
dimitris_tsanak

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 01 @ 9:43 pm
When I get high, I play songs I would have never played... so it also enlarges my layout...

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 01 @ 12:05 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Mix lesson nr. whatever

Just don't try to mix hiphop/grunge/rock with atomix and do like me..........try some fuckin' trance!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 11:50 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
And for anyone who cares..........DJ's should be clean when workin' !!!!!

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 11:53 am
i agree with mama.But if you consider music like a drug then i agree with akira:)

dimitris_tsanak

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 2:51 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Music is the only drug! :-)) (Munich union move 1995)

If you really feel the music and your audience, you´ll never need drugs.

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 6:09 pm
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ha for anyone not thinking drugs is a part of music expesically dance, why do millions of people take e when they go out. becuase it puts them on a level with music. I allows them to make a connection they would normally find hard to make and express that connection. Same goes for pot but not so hyper. If the DJ is high and knows how to translate (has the skill)what he is feeling then it can be fantastic.

Sketch

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 10:01 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
As a canadian, I have a lot of experience with weed. It's practically more common around where I live to breathe in THC than carbon-dioxide from a car! :D

Mixes sure sound better when you're high, and sometimes you can do cool suff with the music that you wouldn't have thought of.

However, it does slow down your reaction time and often you're playing crap or mixing badly without realizing it.

I say, save the drugs for when you're dancing or just chilling mixing some music, and mix sober if you're in front of people - you need all your mental capacities in case something goes wrong, and to make sure you don't botch the mix.

Now go have a 4:20!

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 10:47 pm
Thanks! Your comments were great! Now, you tould that in 1 hour we have to put 3 differents types of music. But, if we start with a 100bpm and finish with 120bpm, can we start again with 100bmp in the next hour?
PD: Sorry about my english! Ja ja ja

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 5:58 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It depends on your audience. If they like what you do and all are dancing, it was silly to change to a slow song. Let them dance!

As many others said, it´s not a kind of a structure, it´s the feeling for your audience. I would suggest anyone to perform in front of at least a little party, to understand what it means to make the croud happy. It´s really not just working down a list of tips and songs!

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 7:34 pm
Thanks Mama, but I want to record a CD for a party (I am an amateur DJ), so I will record 3 CD´s. I dont know if I have to make all up or with the change of Cd i have to started all again (i means, the speed of bpm). Can you understand me?
PD: Sorry again for my english.

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 10:58 pm
you just have to make a program that starts slowly and goes faster....i think that more convinient for partys is to make mixes that the rythm never stops,i am talking about this songs with the big "melody gaps",try not to use many of them or if you want to use then put a kick from another song to fill the gaps

dimitris_tsanak

Inviato Sat 24 Nov 01 @ 12:10 am
Thanks!

Inviato Sun 25 Nov 01 @ 6:22 am
bitchingly rave!!!!!
:-P
i.e thanks for the 411...never too late to learn or in my case start.

I'll will see you'll dancing on clouds some day!!!!
once I get go....

Inviato Tue 27 Nov 01 @ 8:52 am
Oh please!!!!
Dude, a real DJ is a DJ who shows up on time with a bag of vinyls, headphone, and start bang the night away with his tunes.
You want to teach Atomixmp3 people to be DJ??? please my nigga

Inviato Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 2:40 am
and i just say that you are not that one last posted anonymous.Because real dj is like zidane "you dont have to look at the ball just feel it" and whatever fits to you better to success that.Untill now i was using only vinyls and cds.But now the things are changing now i am using vinyls cds and mp3s(less for now because i have to make a lot of vinyls and cds mp3s) .why not? they will never fucked up anyway:)

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 10:32 pm
first of all getting high depends on how high you get, but i never mix high. im perfectly buzzed on alcohol lol drinking a lil bit of alcohol before mixing loosens you up and makes you more open and free. most people get hyper when they are drinking, and it makes me want other people to feel the same way i do, so i throw on a phat beat and watch em' bob their heads. ;)

Inviato Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 4:43 am
i agree that there should be a build up of tempo and "ruffnez" of the tunes that we play ,and in the last 30 min or so you hit the crowed with the roughest stuff you have (i'm speaking with expirience)i start perhaps with solid state - just a vision and build it up from there and end with bad company ,konflict or future cut ,or at a trance party i do some dreamtrance and mix it into more rougher stuff ,but in the last two hours or so i play like the more known tunes and the ones who people don't know all in one good mix ,they like it ,it depends a whole lot on the crowd ,what kind of music they listen to ,or what scene they are a part of ,like drum 'n bass ,trance , techno ,or any other musical genre ,i work at a nightclub as a dj and before i started playing there the dj was just like winamp ,no mixing or nothing just skipped to the next track with the fader ,and people were'nt dancing ,they were nodding their head ,now i have over 4-500 people on the floor all going like the have last stage parkinson disease :)

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 2:00 am
98%