Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: freeze up on master database sort....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey! This goes to the developers I guess...

is it possible to add a pop up box to the database so that if you try to do a sort by artist, or title in the master database it will ask if you are sure?

make a "do not ask again" checkbox for those who don't want it to keep popping up. The reason for this request is that when i'm djing, and I search for a part of a song title, and get a zillion results, sometimes I forget and try to sort. With external hard drives, this sort can take up to half an hour to complete. I usually have to shut down the program and restart it... however when it's in progress, you have to end program about thirty times to make it close.

I'm using a 3 ghz P4 with 2 gig of ram and virtual dj runs like a champ on it, however, the sort on the master database brings it to it's knees. I usually remember not to do it, but sometimes after a couple beers, I hit it, and then I have to switch to my backup cd players for a few songs until I can get the computer unstuck. I know others that have had this happen also on very powerful computers...

I guess with 20,000 songs it takes a while to sort.

is this little insurance policy addon a possibility?

Thanks!

-Steve Lynch

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 5:38 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The latest version of vdj has a cancel feature when it pops up. You can also change the default sort order in the registry mine is always sorted by bpm.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 6:12 am
So it will pop something up before it tries to sort?

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 6:58 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
kinda, it pop's up a window that says sorting and has a cancel button. I find it hard to believe that 20k songs slows your pc down that much, I have roughly 4 times that and mine only takes seconds.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 9:04 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
On my system, it sorts about 100,000 songs in a couple seconds also. Maybe because I don't use ID3 tags?

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 6:34 pm
I do not use ID3 tags and my 26,000 songs takes about 1 second to sort. I usually keep mine sorted on BPM.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 8:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)