Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thank You VDJ - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I just wanted to thank everyone here and involved in the VDJ world. as most of you know i am deployed in iraq. I must say virtual dj has given me the creative outlet i've been wanting for so long. It has helped keep me sane even with the huge amount of stress we endure here on a daily basis. I just VDJed my first "gig" last night at our little hangout here in the desert. Bout 20 soldiers jammin out while playing pool, ping pong etc. Thanx so much for everything and the continued support. I know many people are against this war and i must say i am now one of them. I have lost 5 friends to this place. 3 of them when we first invaded and 2 this year. I have seen 2 tours here and can finally say this is my last one. Have less than 2 months left here and i will be home with my wife and newborn daughter whom i barely even know. I cant wait to get to know the wonderful djs on here more and more as time goes on. Anyway thank you so much for the support even though some of you disagree wih the cause. just remember the soldiers here are just doing their jobs.

Sergeant Arron Wilcox
FOB Wilson
Ad Dawr, Iraq
"freedom is a state of fragile mind"

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 7:00 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Greetz from Serbia!
I just say "go home and BE a DJ" :)))))))))
And make some more of those kids.... :))

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 7:47 am
no no no... no more kids lol...

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 8:21 am
I was going to get all political, but I think you can debate the occupation (or whatever you want to call it) of Iraq for decades, but just wanted to say, stay alive, and get out of the that pit of hell ASAP. As you said, you are just doing your job.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 12:20 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
All the best Gauge and thank you.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 3:26 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
somebody in the vdj staff please give DJ Gauge a couple of extra stars !

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 3:44 pm
yeah what do the stars mean anyway
actually stars are generals so 3 stripes would be more appropriate lol... if it means how long youve been using or how well you know the program i dont need anymore stars. ive only been doing this a couple of months... with a mouse and laptop lol... check out my sweet setup on my blog lol

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 3:52 pm
No, thank you guys for giving me something to keep sane while here.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah I disagreed with the war from the beggining, you'd have to be blind not to see the "real reasons" for going, I still disagree with it now.., can you not line that scope up for your president?, If you did that you wouldn't get more stars here, you'd be remembered in history forever for doing the right thing, thier will be a time when not everyone is as blind as they are today :), just like we know that Hitler wasn't the kinda guy to follow.

For me, It's a hard thing to get into, sure "support the troops", support the Iraqi civilians, don't support the cause!.., I could say so much (as usual) but I restrain my political self and keep this light.

The problem with this war, is that their are so many viewpoints to take other than should we or should we not of gone, what makes me the most angry is the sheer volume of peoples ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject, most people would rather look from the angle of their flag, rather than from the angle of our basic moral code.

Wish you the best of luck!, stay safe, look after the Iraqis while your their ;).

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:08 pm
mainly because i just started mixing 2 months ago and i can only visually cue using waveform and i have a mouse as hardware... lol plus my satellite internet connection here is horrible... i have problems with people even being able to connect for more than a second even with bit rate turned down

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:16 pm
bagpuss, i totally respect your opinion. we help the iraqi people as much as we can but you have to understand these people understand very little except violence. When you watch your friends die it changes your outlook as well. this is how i think of it. "the insurgents are placing bombs and blowing us up because we are here, we are here because the insurgents are placing bombs and blowing us up" somethings gotta give

oh and so you know i'm not just talking out of my butt. I am a combat soldier not a cook or anything and am also a 2 time vet and purple heart receipient... and like i said before its just a job and i'm trying to provide for my family...

november 13th 2006 i will be free from the army.... woo hoo

oh yeah and we like to call it "operation iraqi free"dumb""

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:25 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I hope you will get a real "job" when you go home...
War is not a job.., but anyway, i like your honesty.
Play some good music there to keep your mates cool.
Good music always help.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:34 pm
Did you enter Iraq before the invasion?.., I can't say I did, but I've seen the camera footage from people I know who did, that is not only conclusive proof that Iraq was a relatively safe zone, they were also interviewing people and asking them how life is their, and they were mostly happy and positive, saying theirs luckily no violence and that Sadam is inactive.

And this is the part where you ask yourself why go?, WMD's: No.., The whole arguement for going now is flat on it's face, now the arguement is for staying or going.., I have to say I'd vote for staying, because a pull out now would do more damage than has already been done, but It's purely the best of two evils. The point is and will remain to be in history, we should never have gone :(.

If they wanted Sadams head they could of had it without such a MASSIVE deployment, I feel sorry for both sides, the U.S troops that have died and been injured, taken away from their homes, The British (where I'm from), and also the Iraqis Civs that lost not just men.., but women and children.., they had no choice, no freedom and no democracy but to be bombed by our planes and boats.., we exercised our freedom and democracy when we ignored the protests and went ahead with the bombs and machine gunning.., our democracy caused us to target ALOT of unarmed enemies.., and we think we can teach them?, about democracy?.., we are the dummies too my friend, not in nations, but we as people.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:37 pm
you know i really dont want this to turn into a huge political conversation and i'd really rather not talk about this whole subject anymore. my unit was the first to cross the border during the invasion so if you saw it on tv i lived it.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:54 pm
Your just one of the millions fallen victim to American foreign policy., I'm sorry for you, but I should save my tears for the next war.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:00 pm
Politics are politics.... different opinions and views. And not an easy matter... way to complex.
And no-one is to say they are correct, or have the "world truth" :)

There are always pro and cons in any such action taken...

Hopefully you have good time for practicing on Virtual DJ, and maybe you will be mixing at VDJ radio when u are back in the States :)

Happy mixing, and stay stafe :)

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:00 pm
Always the diplomat of the group.

"And no-one is to say they are correct, or have the "world truth" :)"

Your right Norway, if such a person existed we wouldn't of gone to Iraq ;).

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:03 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Lets just concentrate on making great mixes, and leave to politics to others, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, DJ Gauge welcome as a new vip member. Stay safe.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:04 pm
why in Gods name am i a VIP? lol oh well thank you i guess hehe

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:13 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Enough!

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:20 pm
36%