Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV/TCCD whish-list for the new version - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hy everybody !

i ve got an idea and i don't know if it has been already submitted ...

i would like an option in virtual dj to do a perfect emulation of a rip vynil ...

i explain ... on a vynil there is usually 2 title on a face ... A1 A2
and 2 title on the face B ... B1 and B2

it will be cool to emulate this ... so when i drop my cell about 5 or 6 minutes on my vynil time coded ... the 2nd song (like A2 or B2) will start ...

do you understand what is my idea ?

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 12:06 am
vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
a solution of my problem will be to have the possibility to drag and drop a playlist (like m3u) on the selected deck ... (deck A or deck B) so we can push a button like 'next track' or 'previous track' and the song on the playlist will change ... its like a CD player ... i don't know if it's already possible ...

virtual dj switch automatically to deck A or B the next song on the playlist....

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 12:47 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the idea to select cues with needle drop has been mentioned but selecting tracks with it would also be cool, i dont think you could relably select from more than 6 tho before it was unclear what song or cue would be started up.

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 2:35 am
Sorry, little late, but I was busy spinning and had some applications to finsh for work.

Last 2 weeks I tested the Time code cds on the following players:
- Denon DN1000
- Pioneer CDJ500
- Denon DN2500F

I came to the following conclusion:
There are tipical 3 types of cd players:
- Players for home use, which should not be used for time code use
- DJ cd players, like the three models mentioned above, but also Pioneer cdj100/ 200, Numark cdn types
- "Digital vinyl players", like Pioneer cdj800/1000, Denon 3000/3500/5000, Numark CDX/HDX

The denon DN1000 player has 2 modes:
- Digital vinyl mode. In this mode you use the jog dial for scratching. If you push the dial the music stops.
- cd player mode: In this mode you use the dial for pitch bending

The first option works far better with time code vinyl than the second mode. The already cue point issue is only reproducable in the second mode:

You set the cd deck at the start of the time code. You load a track in the deck. Press play on the cd player. The song start to play. If you let the song play for more than 8 beats, then hit cue (on cd player). Play again. Song will play again from the start correctly

If you hit cue within the first 8 beats, then play again the and again cue within 8 beats the cue will move 0.2 to 0.5 seconds into the song. While the player is at 0:00 you can't get back to the original start of the song. The only way to get back to the start is to go back to the start by pressing "S" in VDJ

The same thing is happening on the cdj500 and dn2500

While the "vinyl" mode is working much better. I think I will replace my DN1000 players for 2 3500s

In this way using the cue point stutter (Tap on the beat) is not working properly.
For more info, please reply or send me a private message.

Ewout

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 8:46 pm
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Deeper grooves on the timecode vinyl...(like a normal vinyl record grooves). This will improve backspinning and scraching.

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 8:59 pm
is there any information available on how other softwares have coped with the stutter cue select function of CD players. i understand that this would be technicly demanding of a software to update needle drops that fast but i would be interested to know if any other softwares claim they have it down. its of absolutely no use to me tho as i dont use CD but there are many here who do and cant afford the more expensive 'vinyl' CD decks

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 10:51 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@superstorm, thanks for your tests i had simillar results, however don't rush to change your dn-1000 players.

@superstorm and xeo, timecode and cues on non-vinyl mode cd-players will be much better on the next version.

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 12:47 am
nice one. im sure they all thank the dev team lots and lots.

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 2:01 am
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wow.. I haven't read the whole topic, but I wan't that the BPM is fixed for TCV's.. it's not so much more... :D

keep doing the great work..

Inviato Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 4:02 pm
what do you mean? what does the BPM do wrong with TCV? do you mean not detecting the pitch (hence BPM) if its above +- 10%?

Inviato Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 5:05 am
Man I mean that it always go up and down, AND it shows from +5 to +8 on the BPM.. and it's the orginal tempo...??!!

Inviato Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 3:12 pm
An idea for a new feature (you may be able to do it already, but i think not):

A track playing on deck A, you press a button at the beggining of a melody (starts a timer), and then again at the end(stops the timer).

Same for track B.

Then you can press a button on either deck to match the speed of the deck so that the 2 melodies match each other.
So at the end of it you get 2 melodies playing within the same timespace that may have been playing at different speeds, or unmatching, or no, beats.
Similar to beatmatching, and in some cases the same, but in many ways may help.

Inviato Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 3:56 pm
nice idea capdownlondon
maybe a little display wich shows how many seconds it's between the to tracks and a button wich can do it perfect, start the both at the same time could do this feature better..?

If u start A and B at the same time and it's 0.03 seconds between them, then the display can show it... and if you wan't to remove the gap between theese to tracks, you simply click the button wich can start the both timers at the same time...

Cash

Inviato Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:11 pm
so basicly your talking about beatmatching. by the way if you want a timer click on the clock in VDJ lol

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 2:05 am
WEll when can we expect a new version. Im looking for MASTER TEMPO to work with time code CDs. and also the skipping of the time code. I'l love to test a beta if I could a long as it was good enough to use in a reall gig...

Inviato Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 5:37 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj Xeo wrote:
what do you mean? what does the BPM do wrong with TCV? do you mean not detecting the pitch (hence BPM) if its above +- 10%?

^^^^
@Xeo: Do you know a current fix for this cuz i have this issue or is it something that has to be addressed by the update.?

Inviato Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 9:37 am
dev79PRO InfinityMember since 2004
i'm excited to hear about all these new improvements...i really enjoy using vdj but if it worked a little bit tighter it would be infinitely better...i use it live in clubs all the time, but with tcv it is a bit sketchy and i often opt to mix on screen to be safe...

i have a question, as the U46DJ has been referenced a number of times in this thread by the dev team...have the drivers for this been updated and does it currently work fully with vdj (ie w/o the need for asio4all)? this box looks great and i want to buy it, but i've been leery due to the number of driver/compatibility problems people have spoke of....??

Inviato Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 10:00 am
yes it works without the need for asio4all.

Inviato Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 4:20 pm
Dev Team:

first.. how about a native "default" 1280X800 skin. i have a laptop w/ a wide screen and when i do tcv my virtual turn tables look egg shaped.

second... a way to scratch samples from the sampler using tcv. like bypass the deck it's self to scratch a sample such as the classic "oh yeah" or other samples that are commonly pressed to vinyl.

third... you guys are awesome!

Inviato Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 6:04 pm
Pitch offset please!
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/48669/General_Discussion/TCV_Pitch_Offset_.html

Wouldn't be terribly hard to implement either. A little button on the TCV configuration screen which analyses the timecode signal (when your deck is at 0% pitch) for a couple of seconds and works out the offset, i.e. the middle value between the pitch fluctuations.

For example, if the TC signal fluctuates between -0.1% and 0.3% the deck will drift ahead of the other one. The average value is 0.1% and this would be the offset. Therefore the program subtracts 0.1% from the deck and all works as it should.

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:06 pm
95%