Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ4 preview audio bug. - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hello,

I think I have discovered an actual problem with the preview listening feature in VDJ4. I have repeated the following bug on 2 diferent computers with entirely different hardware. The problem is: when a separate audio channel or sound card is dedicated to preview listening and you jump or drag the progress bar on the listen track forward with either of the main decks playing the main sound output will stutter or actually stop for a moment and then resume. This occurs no matter what the performance settings are set to or latency is set to. On 3.4 this works without any issue other than the wavform stopping briefly.

My specs for my DJ system are: Toshiba T2400 Duo Core laptop with 2GB of ram and Gigaport AG soundcard using ASIO 2.61 drivers. Output channels were set 1/2 for preview & sample, 3/4 deck 1 and 5/6 for deck 2.

The second system tested on was an AMD 3800+X2 Dual core with 1GB of ram using Cmedia Digital 5.1 for main and AC97 for preview. I'll post this in the bug report area as well.

I went back to 3.4 the other night when I had discovered this. I tend to use preview listening quite often.

Thx.

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 4:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is this still happening after you have adjusted the performance settings? The default settings may not be best for your system. Try sliding the performance slide to the far left (Fastest) and change the latency to 1024. Now what happens?

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 9:08 am
I have the same problem!

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:32 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
cstoll wrote :
Is this still happening after you have adjusted the performance settings? The default settings may not be best for your system. Try sliding the performance slide to the far left (Fastest) and change the latency to 1024. Now what happens?

Soundman69 wrote :
This occurs no matter what the performance settings are set to or latency is set to.

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:22 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't worry guys, the team already know the bug and will be fix in VDJ 4.1.

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 3:20 pm
Well I just updated to 4.1 and it has the exact same problem still as above. I have additional information on what is causing it however. It seems it only happens when you want to preview listen a track which has not been loaded into a deck (ram) in this session yet. If you preview the track after it has been loded into a deck (ram) it no longer stops the main audio on the playing deck when you listen to the song in preview. So it seems that the stoppage of the main audio playback only occurs on tracks playing from the hard drive (which would be anything you are previewing!). I can't explain why this happens but at least I have figured out how. It is repeatable on any performance setting. Hope this gets fixed in 4.2.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 8:13 am
bump for mods!

Inviato Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 2:16 am
Has this been adressed yet? This bug is preventing me from using 4.x. The preview function is usless currently.

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 11:06 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fixed now for mk2

in 4.1r2 :)

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 11:46 pm
That's a different bug. This is preview listening in the database, playlist and waitlist.

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 12:52 am
kimbledPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have had the same issue, and I have ver 4.1r2 and the hercules console.

it may just be me, but it seems like support is lacking. I don't like to hate on people that do software, esp. being that I work in a IT enviroment at least a little feedback would be nice like "hey we are aware of these problems", instead of everyone just aimlessly chatting back and forth about themsleves and no facts. Even just a indication that someone who writes this software is seeing our issues, esp. since this is like the third issue I have found with the ver 4 software.
I want to re-itterate that this is not an attack on the people that write the software, just saying you could do a little better on the support side of things.

just a suggestion.

its great software, when it works.

DK

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 3:45 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't worry we test all the things written in this forum and we really report them to dev team (or dev team directly see it) when we judge it's a real bug. Then they are classified by priority and verify again in order to find the roots of the bug. This last step is the most difficult as sometimes it's impossible to reproduce the bug. Sometimes, the bug is not well identified so it's impossible to correct it, etc... That's why it's very important to explain the problem clearly , step by step, and give us the most information you can.

For example, "it doesn't work" or "there is a bug here" are useless

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 3:53 pm
@ Cel & TEAM
This is the title of this forum: If ever you notice a bug in Virtual DJ, please report it here , I think this is too short.
Your idea to describe a bug Cel will be good if any user know this, I think a little FAQ with title "How to report a bug" will be useful for all the user and for team.

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 4:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol il do it :)

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:56 pm
kimbledPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok, so you test everything that is posted in the forum. Thats good to know. As a suggestion maybe let people know if you can't replicate it so they can do more investigating into the problem and provide more feedback?

were you able to replicate this problem? Is there going to be a pacth to fix it? Any idea when it will be availible? Is there a workaround?

have a gig the sat. after thanksgiving, would love to have it working properly again before then.

thanks skyfxl for posting the Bugs report - Topic: tips for reporting a bug. At least this gives me an idea of what you all are looking for. Without knowing the inner workings of the programs, it is tuff for me to give you exactly what you may need. Something that may help you all is maybe having people put up a hijackthis or something like it as it will show what they have running on there pc at the time they have the problem. (for those like me that don't have a dedicated pc for the program).

also may help is other than the "teamer" logo, sometimes its hard to tell who works there vs some dj out there, unless that is who you have testing?

I like this software and I am trying to help make it better, but I need to know how to help you.
With 10+ years of computer and networking background, I can understand what the help desk can be like, and I promise I try to resove the problem myself before I would ever post here for help.

to all the teamers and the others that help you, thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

DK

Inviato Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 6:33 am
Problem is not fixed in 4.1r2, maybe in next release, but for now remember to pre analyze the track before any live performance.
When I prelisten a new track never analyzed before (right click and listen from browser) the output master sound make some little stop sound.

Inviato Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 8:42 am
cioce:

The prelisten feature in the browsers does that on tracks that are analyzed as well.

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 1:06 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hadnt seen this post before, i have it too. it only seems to be when i drag the progress slider in the little popup window when its plying. if i stop it and then move, press play. it works fine like that but if i move it the sound stops

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 1:33 am
DJ Xeo:

Yes you got it. That is the bug. It has been like this since 4.0 was introduced.

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 1:35 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I re read the original thread and tested this also.
It is in fact there.
But the reason I never saw it is because I don't use the program in this manner.

Generally I will load to a deck for pre listening, and if not I will pre listen but have never advanced the track in this manner so it never happened to me.

Again, this would not stop me from using the current version but I'm sure the development team has noted this.

Try to be patient, there has been no talk of another version nor a beta released to us yet.

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 1:49 am
45%