Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ4 preview audio bug. - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I have been patient. I have not switched because I have always used the program like this. I came from BPM studio and got really used to being able to preview songs before loading them into a player. I guess a workaround would be to listen in a player. I could just see myself by habit clicking to prelisten though and screw up the output. Thanks for the backup though fellas!

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 2:23 am
Well 4.2r1 has been released and this problem still exists.

Inviato Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 1:47 am
i know you tried all the settings in performances, but try this combo

this is what i used to help me with my mk2 tccd problem.

remember that 3.x uses less resources than 4.x; that's why some remained with 3.x

first off: preset slider does nothing. seriously... i cannot understand why it's there.

soundcard
latency: auto
safe mode: disabled
overlocok: disabled

scratch
optimize for: quality
simple algorithm

48kHz-44kHz
basic interpolation

master tempo
fast

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 6:23 am
It's a bug not a performance issue.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:03 pm
Did anyone notice, that if you record your mix, the stutter is not audible on the recording, only live?

Try it for yourself, and correct me if I'm wrong.

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:07 pm
I too had came across this problem but noticed the delay to be less and less as I upgradd my ram and then also went to faster processor

Inviato Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 7:14 am
themrfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been having the same problem. Have upgraded the RAM to 2 GB on a Pentium 4 D and on a Pentium 4 HT. The problem is more prevalent when I am running video then go to preview another song. If I forget to stop the preview and keep listening to the song while searching for other songs at no specified time, the mains will start stuttering. If I quickly hit the pause on the preview the stuttering stops. Not such a problem for hip hop, (it looks as if I am doing some mix stuff) but on country songs, or oldies, it really looks bad. Also if I am listening to the headphones I don't always catch it right away. I too believe it is a bug. I have went into XP and set everything up for performance in the System Manager. It helped a little, but the problem still exists.

Mrf

Inviato Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 3:18 am
What version are you using now...?

I had the same problem with Ver 4.1r2 but downloaded ver 4.2 and the problems was solved...?

Inviato Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 9:17 pm
themrfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have Version 4.2 installed on both of my systems. Both have experienced the problem. Since I did the performance option within XP it did get better but I had it stutter once last weekend. Usually it happens during the times when video is involved on either one of the main channels or the preview.
Mrf

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 1:00 am
4.3 released today. Hey guess what this bug still exists! Guess it's more important to have a mac version than a properly functioning PC version.

Inviato Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 11:30 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
well atleast they got this crazy 'mac' idea out of their system ;)

seriously tho, now they have ported it to OSX and thats all done with maybe they can get on with the other things, as norway et al seem to be chirping on about, using that dreaded word, 'soon' : P

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 11:00 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe 4.4 will fix this problem, I remember since version 2.0 !!!

Inviato Wed 16 May 07 @ 8:12 pm
Still waiting.....

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 5:31 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
be sensible folks you cant magic software development out of hat

microsoft takes years to perfect things , so do other companies

if you rush them there can be issues

they are working on it , so please remain patient , im sure you wont be dissapointed

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:13 pm
Sly: I understand what you are saying, but, I've been patient since 4.0 on this issue. All we seem to get is "improved time code vinyl engines" instead of fixing core problems with the existing software. It's just frustrating.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:41 pm
Just tried out V5 and guess what??? Yes that's right this bug still exists in V5!

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:29 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Then it is a limitation of your hardware with the software and an isolated situation.

The preview works flawless in V5.

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:51 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Soundman69 wrote :
All we seem to get is "improved time code vinyl engines" instead of fixing core problems with the existing software. It's just frustrating.

Do you use or used regular cd's or turntables, did you see any preview player in the Pioneer/Denon/Numark most expensive cd players or turntables.
---------NO--------
Guess what... you can preview with your mixer, this is the right way to do it anyway.
So Is it a "core problem" ....COME ON, just improve your way of working.

"Improved time code vinyl engines" :YES it was important, browser Yes about time..

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 4:41 pm
I have "improved my way of working" by utilizing features that are available to me and not working in the past by using the decks to preview. Maybe you should try advancing the way you work. The whole idea of the preview is so you don't have to load the decks. Especially since when you load the decks it then messes up your history list by saying you played that song and also shows the song as being played prematurely (another bug that has existed for eons). That's why I use preview. As far as this not being on CD players, well this is why we all use VDJ isn't it? To have more advanced features and flexibility. I do use my mixer to preview, just on independent channels.

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Soundman69 wrote :
The whole idea of the preview is so you don't have to load the decks.

Ok, so try this - don't assign a preview channel. Now when you preview the option for A or B will be visible when you preview. This sends the signal to your A (Deck 1) or B (Deck 2) out channel -- do you still experience the pops? And you are still using the mixer and not loading the track to a deck.

Soundman69 wrote :
Especially since when you load the decks it then messes up your history list by saying you played that song and also shows the song as being played prematurely (another bug that has existed for eons). That's why I use preview.

This functionality has changed considerably -- read the manual it explains the changes.

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:33 pm
91%