Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CDJ 1000 MK3, or the Numark Icdx

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

G'day guys and girls it's me again, just reporting my latest dillemna at hand, topic says all I have to take the plunge and pick a pair of cd turntables to buy. Could you please post the pro's and cons of both these items and pick a winner. Your help will be much appreciated
-Dj Stevo

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 6:11 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I vote for iCDX and there are many options you can use with it that Pioneer can't. One of the major is that iCDX has native support in VDJ and you don't have to use TCCD. I won't even mention the price... Numark all the way :)

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 6:21 am
Whats the deal with the platter, from what I hear its a scratch only wheel which will be hard to use for me as im an electro based DJ. Any information on this would be much appereciated.
Cheers
DJ Steve

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 9:08 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I wasn't ever thinking of that... It is not like wheel on XP10 that has 2 different effects to song. I persume you will have just tap the platter to nudge. But as i know it is the same with MK3

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 12:17 pm
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is the Numark even available yet???

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:04 pm
No but due in November I think. But if the platter is scratch only, will be very hard for us Electro dj's to mix on the fly with this thing, anybody else have any information about it ?
cheers.
Dj Stevo

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:06 pm
Hmm, this could be a post for Dj in Norway to answer with some of his wise words

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:10 pm
I belive you can pitch bend with the platter as the option not scratch only.

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:10 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
there are differnt modes to the idcx platter.

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:18 pm
Thanks Cyder for the inside info ;)

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:38 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol :D is there any feature that ICDX doesn't have?

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 4:10 pm
so as far as we know now, the icdx platter can be used as a jog wheel much like the cdj1000 mk3 ?
or any other cdj for that matter ?

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 4:56 pm
The Numark will probably be good, but as good as cdj1000mk3 I doubt;)

The iCDX is said to have a pretty decent touchsensitive jogwheel, far better than Numark Axis ones.
So it will probably be pretty good..

But the CDJ's are just damn perfect;) In my opinion... and costs LOTS more.
So I would think that CDJs will still continue to be in a league of its own.

But I've NOT tried the iCDX yet, so I dont know for sure what the iCDX will feel like.
But its packed features are AMAZING.. and if it works good, its heaven sent dj hardware... :)

Hope to test it real soon :)

Here is a very informative and long review about the iCDX:
http://www.12am.com.au/?id=1446

"The scratch wheel on the iCDX is different from any other that Numark has created before
This new scratch wheel feels great. Smooth and easy to control"

Sounds promising;)

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:00 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'd go for the CDJ's as there tried and tested and the Numark ones arent even out yet! And also I wouldn't bother with the 1000's either!! Go for the 800s! Same job and a lot cheaper!

Rory

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 10:02 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
iCDX also has pitch bend buttons, so I guess you can at the same time scratch or cue & make fine pitch bending. We need TESTS, TESTS, TESTS!

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 10:37 pm
If it's CD decks ur after, you gotta go for a pair of CDJ1000 mk3's I've tried virtually everything and nothing even comes close. The response is amazing and the platter is smaller and easier to use. People have been making points about the fact that the iCDX has fine pitch bend, to be honest, if you've used Turntables, you'll not have a problem with slowing the track at the platter of the CDJ. I promise you, buy a pair of CDJ's and you'll never regret it!

Inviato Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 4:55 am
CDJ definitivly, it is industry standard, and in 95% of DJ booths you will find technics turntables or/and pioneer CDJ (100, 200, 800, 1000) players. For me it is most important stability and quality then functionality. I would prefer cdj 1000 mk3 because that players are 99,99% bug free and they cannot break. On the other side, Numark CDX is best cd player i ever touched, but few months ago i saw a broken one in a store. The motor just stopped spinning because of a heat radiation... By my opinion i don't care if iCDX can read minds and music wishes of a people on a party when it is not reliable... I have a friend DJ who have Numark Axis 4, they was 10 times @ service, every month or two some part broke... I didn't hear something similar ever happened with Pioneer 100's :)
I'm not saying that iCDX is sh*t or is buggy or bad, i never saw it live, heard how it sounds. Probably sound pretty good and have awesome options but.... I don't trust Numark :|
by the way i have Numark 2ch scratch mixer and it SUCKS... saving money for Pioneer DJM-400 :)

Inviato Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:01 am
I don't care what is "industry standard", it is so lame word! If all of us where using what is standard, today VDJ wouldn't exist! You can't say that Numark iCDX is bad because it's not out yet. And about those stories that Numark was on repair... hehe, Deep Dish was in Belgrade last year and they used Pioneer CDJ 1000 and guess what? They stopped working at almost the same time! So don't tell us that CDJ is so "perfect" because it is not, every unit can malfunction, soon or later ;)
I still vote for iCDX because it will be around 600 euros and you can buy two of them for the price of the one CDJ 1000MK3 (1300 euro).

Inviato Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)