Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Drink Special Timer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

What would be usefull to me so that I could put a second screen in the booth would be a drink Special timer.

We run drink Specials for 10 min or up to 30 mins.

what I would like would be to put the spceial in GIGANTIC TEXT and put a countdown timer underneath it ( this does two things - gets the dumb blond drunk waitresses from asking me four times a special what I called and tells our customers what wher and how much.

nothing special - just a black screen with white text would be enough.

no scrolling - just 10 mins of text or 30 with a countdown clock

I really should go to night school and learn how to program this stuff myself

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion Nightclub

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 7:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think a countdown would be great ;)

along with prehaps sounds cheesy but like an old movie count down when u start playing video on a night

ie

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 11:52 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Do you really need such a plugin? Can't you make a VisualBasic application to do such a thing? It would be MUCH easier and fast to do, ancd you don't need to enable the plugin from VDJ.

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 5:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it could be added as slight mod to the text plugin ;)

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 7:02 pm
I can't pre-program the drink specials - except on the night that I get given the list, the manager changes the specials every night on the week ends. During the week it would be okay cause we have set specials each night.

So that's why I was thinking plugin, something very simple though - nothing to crash the main prgram.(was gonna try th strip club plugin but was scared off by the WARNING)

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 7:35 pm
marcell , its stretch , told ya this program rocks , wow you kill me , finally your doing my new mixing stuff. Hypnostretch at hotmail -

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 1:21 am
YO Stretch you skinny bastard!!!!!!!!

long time no see dude, I've been on this program for quite some time now and am liking it muchly.

don;t get me wrong I'm still the same old miserable bastard that everyone loves to hate but now I use compy's

lol

I'll ad you to my contacts list.

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 11:07 am
Okay here was my work around.

Because the club only runs 10 min and 30 min specials

And Loonie hour. All drinks $1 8-9 to start the night

I can make a black screen video of a countdown in a video creator program and save it in my database.

Now this is what I want to do ( not familiar with video yet )

Have the Video play(contdown only) on a second display with the text plugin displaying the drink special at the moment.
AND.........

Having the two decks STILL free for audio mixing.

SO I want to mix audio only and play the 10 countdown vid on a second display indepndantly of the audio decks and just use the Text plugin for the print display.

Is this posible? Because it would not take much time to set all that up but I don't want to waste effort.

Gent's... lets put on our lateral thinking caps.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Inviato Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:57 pm
um... it sounds pretty hard to do but i think multi-skining it and using the effect you want then on only thats skin, i'm not that familliar with milti-skining though

Inviato Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 7:29 am
there's an idea I never thought of.

I shall give it a try.

Inviato Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 4:37 pm
OKay I Just Ran with the text plugin on a black screen. Could not use a timer. tryed - making a countdown slideshow and playing via multi-skin. Didn't work so well. Tryed a freeware timer app that was just that a countdown timer worked well - but couldn't control it from VDJ and dj at the same time.

I never thought a blackscreen countdown timer would give me such trouble

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion Nightclub

Inviato Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 7:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)