Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use VDJ for mobile disco i.e birthdays, weddings etc....I am looking to dabble in Karaoke, how powerful is VDJ for using as a karaoke set up, if at all it can be. Is there anyone out there who uses VDJ for karaoke purposes, if so i'd like to hear from you and how you use it. Thanks. Craig.

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 8:00 pm
You know, I am going to give a big thumbs up to the karakoe on VDJ. I was frankly amazed. I use PCDJ to karaoke and it always gives me problems. Crashing, ext. and was using VDJ as the main dj source becasue, it is the best prgram out there. I have been practicing with the VDJ karaoke and it really works well.

What do I like best:

1. Two players . I don't know of another karaoke program that uses two players out there. And when you go from one song to the next it fades in and out on the tv like a video mixer. TOO COOL!

2. It seems very stable now.

3. The search feature is easier than PCDJ to me. It is quicker also and if you set up a favorite folder rather than putting the karaoke stuff on your main search engine you are fine to do both karaoke and dj at the same time.

4. By right clicking you can add effects to the karaoke music without stiopping the words on the screen.

What needs improvement?

1. When you recurse in the program or perform any function that takes up more than a little bit of memory the words (video) stop. Although the music continues.

2. The key down feature needs to be in a skin. And seems to slow the music down and sound a bit strange.

3. I would say a sings list but that is where the others went wrong. Just open notepad and keep a list there. There are too many issues when making a sings list.

Overall, I think I am going to switch to this version and try it out. I was used to writing down my singer rotation anyway. And when the other programs crash, your singers are GONE! Back to the slips we go and in what order? Gotta guess! Stick to notepad or writing it down. It's much easier to me.

Enjoy!

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 10:42 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Ok, so I'm a little behind. I'm looking for the VDJ Kareoke program or website... can't seem to find a link for it though. Is this a plugin? A whole separate program? I don't see it under the products page. Where is it?

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 6:28 pm
it is a plugin :)

that will let you play karaoke music files, and show lyrics on external monitor/tv (preview in VDJ also)

Not being a karaoke jockey, it looks really good :)

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 6:29 pm
OjLeno
this Karaoke option is available in version 2. I don't think there is already a 2.0 demo available.
It is just build in, so you dont have to dowload a plugin or purchase another version.
See here: http://www.virtualdj.com/features/list.html
Ewout

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 7:22 pm

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 7:28 pm
Does the demo (v2.01) play karaoke files with the text and all? And what kind of files should the karaoke files be? I understand it doesn't play karaoke cd's directly?

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 8:54 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks vantinedj, that's given me enough to go on for now, I'll give it a try..sounds like a winner. Just one thing, what format are your Karaoke files stored as....i.e. .zip, .cdj, etc
Thanks again
Craig

Inviato Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 7:05 pm
MP3+G works the best. I don't know if the zip files work. SOmeone else will have to answer that.

Inviato Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 7:40 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
zip files don't work...

Inviato Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 11:25 pm
hello there! can you please teach or give me an information how to use karaoke on the VDJ.
many thanks.m
this my email: allantumang@yahoo.com

Inviato Fri 06 Aug 04 @ 1:23 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use VDJ 2.01 mainly for Karaoke and I must say it is the best program used by me so far.

I used to use Tyrannosoft programs (Wincdg 2.5 and Swift) but I had a problem with the text breaking up with those programs. Not so here - all text is recognised properly and it is soooo stable - it has not crashed once yet.

It is so easy to use and logical - you can easily work it even after a few too many beers!

I do use it with the Hercules which makes it even easier - I'd recommend one or another controller - they really add functionality and 'smoothness' to the mix.

If you are looking for a Karaoke program - I'd definately recommend it - but it does need to read real CDG's though and not just MP3+G's!

Inviato Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 11:11 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
So where is the best place to get MP3+G files? And if you have lots of music already, what would be the best way to get lyrics working with songs you already have?

THanks.

Inviato Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 12:37 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)