Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: MIDI FOR EVERYONE (or something like)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've just compiled a WORKING custom mapper programmable in order to access ANY installed MIDI port, in both input and output. This means that now we can support ANY MIDI device installed in Windows! Anyway, the current interface is just a template, but the idea is still there.

I'll try to make a General Purpose mapper for ONE port, then you can duplicate it in order to use more devices ;D But, as for now, I can't say if I'll be able to make something like... Anyway, remember that now we can make a mapper for ANY MIDI device! Isn't that enough? It also supports MIDI output, so when an OnBeat() function will be natively supported by mapper interfaces we can, for example, generate a Clock message, or make accurate beat led lights.

I'm alpha testing it, but it already works well. I had some troubles, but not everything seems ok.
Of course, I'll post source codes when the custom mapper template is finished.

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 8:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nice work mate !

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 9:08 pm
skyfxl wrote :
nice work mate !

I must say that without the freedom given by the Atomix team this wouldn't have been possible...
Can you realise that this is THE ONLY software which (ok, thanks to my plugin) lets us reprogram MIDI streams from and to MIDI devices???

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
horray for atomix and you plugin =)

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:34 pm
Very nice.

EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET US DO DANCE OF JOY!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 4:30 am
cool;i hope to see/use the finished mapper soon =)

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 8:24 pm
Well, I'm writing the auto-activation feature, then the SDK should be complete and it will be uploaded to this site for everyone (or better, from experienced users to the top).

After uploading the SDK I'll write my own MIDI short message mapper (like the one already implemented in VDJ), which will work for ONE port among the ones you can choose from your PC.

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 8:35 pm
The MIDI SDK seems stable. Two weeks ago I started the General Purpose MIDI Mapper plugin project.

Here's a teaser screen about what's already implemented (and work fine). Disabled controls aren't implemented yet. I hope you'll like it ;)

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Does it work for string "value" too => effect ?

Inviato Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 11:25 am
Of course: "Value" is a TCHAR[256] variable, so you can write whatever you want there!

@ Cel: As you're reading this post, can you tell me if I have to increase the value length (e.g. to support full-path values)? And, what is the value to send to VDJ to tell it the shortcut is for the Active Deck or the Default Deck? This way the shortcut window should be complete (then I'll look for unknown bugs). I only have to add merge/export support.

Inviato Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 1:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Perfect tool !
Let me know if you need a beta tester for BCD2000.
Great work!

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 11:07 pm
I'm quite busy at the moment, but the plugin is nearly complete.

Inviato Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 10:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you finish it, and it works perfectly with midi devices (Harcules, DAC, BCD etc) i will vote you for President !!!!! hehehe

PS. Leds will be working? What about vice versa function?. I mean when you press PLAY with mouse, will the controller be updated?

Inviato Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 6:32 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Midi OUT (led on-off) is not present, maybe in the future.

Inviato Sat 10 Mar 07 @ 12:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)