Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Posably The Worst VID Mix EVER!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Man O Man, SSL seems to be streets behind in Video Mixing!! First half is absolutely DREADFULL! 2nd half isint as mad becasue the DJ mages to get "some" of it in time!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VA5beTs8LM

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 5:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm not sure but i think it is Sam from Serato at the beginning of the video...??

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 7:40 pm

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 7:53 pm
The only thing that caught my eye was that he seemed to be mixing the video crossfader from the rane dj mixer.

Anybody get a good look at what model that was?

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 8:14 pm
Okay this vid has a better view of the mixer.

This is the Mixer:
http://rane.com/ttm57sl.html

Y'know this is somthing I've noticed, might go to Company Philosophy don't know.

Rane likes to sell products - every business does.

So It makes a Mixer that's usb compatable with it's own software.

So to video mix in Serato this is the package:

TTM 57SL mixer
Serato soundcard (scratchamp)
Software
Timescodes (if you use them)
TurnTables.

For what that DJ was doing in that video, looked damned good to me. He was scratching Video's in real time. On Traditional Hardware that most DJ's will reconize. The flashy transitions were not there, but as a sratch performer he wouldn't need them. As a Club DJ I do. Two different animals there.

Might Be because it's Rane doing it up but I've thought this is the one area that Virtual DJ has always lacked.

Dedicated Hardware that is solely designed to use with Virtual DJ. Looking at the video and watching the hardware, (I'm very happy with the VDJ software and my humble DAC2) but I have to admit that dedicated hardware makes all the difference in the world.

All I can say that Hopefully the Total Control works as well as it's being hyped up to be; and as trouble free as many dual users have pointed out to us that Serato hardware is

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 10:56 pm

Numark and VDJ have just started.... so look out for more comming ;))
I think there will be lots of good news regarding whats said..

Roumours have it that the SSL demo was done on a MAC running bootcamp and XP skinned as mac.. not sure if thats true or not..hehe

Anyways, love the KISS track.. awesome song;) Good memories from my "80s rock" days

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 11:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
dj-in-norway wrote :
Roumours have it that the SSL demo was done on a MAC running bootcamp and XP skinned as mac.. not sure if thats true or not..hehe

What do you think of the switch application at the end of the video with Ctrl-F4 in Mac OS X (ALT+TAB on Windows) ;-)

Inviato Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 11:43 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Numark and VDJ have just started.... so look out for more comming ;))
I think there will be lots of good news regarding whats said..

Why is VDJ playing Catch-up?

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 12:20 am

Catch up.. ketchup :)
Well, wouldnt mind a full blood midi mixer from Numark to go with VDJ ;)

Like you say, that Rane mixer is a good selling point for SSL

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 1:38 am
djcel wrote :

What do you think of the switch application at the end of the video with Ctrl-F4 in Mac OS X (ALT+TAB on Windows) ;-)

Probably just changed the key combo in Windows... to make it look like Mac

Its a conspiracy I tell you.. lol ;) hehe

Ait, the roumor is at least false then, definitively a mac ...

Still love that Kiss tune though...

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 1:47 am
Catchup to what? Rane has been in the hardware business for decades. VDJ is in the software business. Numark has been in the hardware business for a few years. They decided not to reinvent the wheel, and partner with VDJ. This is a new partnership. I don't know about you, but I have been mixing video, for 19 months, with VDJ. I am not playing catchup, but am far ahead of my competitors.

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 1:57 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
In regards to the TTM 57SL mixer from Rane, a buddy here just got his a week ago, brand new. Took it out of the box, and the damn LED display board was just moving around in his mixer. Had to open it up that day and mount it. The mixer looks cheap, I think all the knobs are too close together. I have ecler nuo4 and have plenty of room. ALso the Rane doesnt have lighting on the mixer, buddy had to go with a night light when playing. He doesnt think its worth the 1300. that it cost him.

Now the nice thing he did get with it, is the software that was designed for it. Its different from scratch live because it has the loops, and buttons that will do different things. So basically no different than what VDJ has had for much longer time, if you have nice midi mixer.

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 4:33 am
Yeah, the video feature may be new to Melo-D (and to Rane as well, luckily for us), but he's the last person anyone would want to question in terms of turntablist skills:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wxtL5OAT00
- http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=107979128
- http://www.djsunited.com.au/melo_d.html

It's not gonna take people like Melo-D anytime to learn how to use videos, especially since Rane has that integrated TT57-SL mixer already. But hopefully Numark will come out with a competing product REAL soon though.

Looks like Rane is taking the right steps to secure it's lead in the professional turntablist market here in the U.S. too:

http://www.rane.com/dj/beatjunk.html

Atomix/Numark better start thinking big and far beyond club and mobile dj's if it wants to break into the highly visible artist and music industry markets.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 4:36 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Lol! ;)

All the Beat Junkie are Mac users:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43404228@N00/

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 4:58 am
Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Someone Wrote:
>>Now the nice thing he did get with it, is the software that was designed for it. Its different from scratch live because it has the loops, and buttons that will do different things. So basically no different than what VDJ has had for much longer time, if you have nice midi mixer.>>

My Reply:

You don't need a midi mixer for Serato or VDJ. All you need is an X-keys controller. I've been using mine for years. I don't know why DJs haven't found out about them.

Forget about the TTM57, with the SSL soundcard and an X-keys controller you can do much more than the TTM57 and you can use them with VDJ as well.

www.xkeys.com

-Kenny Q

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 8:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)