Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac version 4.3 available ! (FOR PRO USERS ONLY) - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

anewsome wrote :
cgariss wrote :
anewsome wrote :
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Now that ConQuest has been promoted to "Moderator" Status

ConQuest is not a moderator. He's a Mac Ambasador.

"
Forum: MAC Version Technical Support
moderated by: - ConQuest -

i did not catch that, since he didn't have moderator status beneath his name and i'd never seem him "moderate" anything,. my bad.

anewsome, I thought we were friends. ;)

Yes, I am the ONLY moderator at the moment for the Mac forums, although i have not officially been given the status.

It was a surprise to me too, and I am very grateful. I found out via IM by mp3jrick and PM's from various members.

Inviato Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 11:14 am
PdubPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Pdub wrote :
OK I bought a copy and so far I love it. Only problem I am running into is some of my song won't load. It just says error. Does anyone know what this could be. I play all my songs from my iTunes library.

means the path to the song is wrong (song been removed, renamed or deleted)

OK, I will double check, but it is strange that the songs play in other apps.

Inviato Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 3:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Verify the codec in VirtualDJ

Inviato Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 4:56 pm
Anyone running VOB files in VDJ on a MAC? I purchased another software (MEGASEG) about two months ago because VDJ didn't have any mention of when the MAC version would be available... now I'm a little upset. Anyway, the other software utilizes Quicktime to play the video. Unfortunately, it seems that Quicktime doesn't recognize the audio in VOB files that are 'interlaced' (which are ALL of my 1000+ files!)...so I have been spending time converting files I want to use to MPEG4 (which I have had issues maintaining the same quality!). Anyway, I want to know how these work in VDJ for MAC. I downloaded the DEMO for my other laptop today (first time user) and the software seems WAY COOL, and I would certainly purchase it for MAC if I can confirm it will play my VOB files.

Inviato Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 11:50 pm
gregknott wrote :
Anyone running VOB files in VDJ on a MAC? I purchased another software (MEGASEG) about two months ago because VDJ didn't have any mention of when the MAC version would be available... now I'm a little upset. Anyway, the other software utilizes Quicktime to play the video. Unfortunately, it seems that Quicktime doesn't recognize the audio in VOB files that are 'interlaced' (which are ALL of my 1000+ files!)...so I have been spending time converting files I want to use to MPEG4 (which I have had issues maintaining the same quality!). Anyway, I want to know how these work in VDJ for MAC. I downloaded the DEMO for my other laptop today (first time user) and the software seems WAY COOL, and I would certainly purchase it for MAC if I can confirm it will play my VOB files.

Quicktime MPEG2 support is very poor since the audio support is not very good. Almost all common audio found in MPEG2 is not supported by Quicktime. However, "almost all" and ALL are two different things. You CAN remux (not re-encode) you current MPEG2 with a compatible format that works with Quicktime. This does not re-encode the MPEG2, it simply splits the audio+video into two seperate files and then you re-encode the audio to a compatible format and recreate the MPG file. This works and it is very fast, unlike re-encoding your entire collection to MPEG4 (very slow, quality issues, etc).

Some of us seem to have trouble with MPEG4 of certain types with VDJ MAC. Remember MPEG4 is more or less a container format like AVI. There are different encoding methods within the MPEG4 framework. I know myself and others here are having trouble playing MPEG4, Part 10 encoding videos which are also referred to as H.264.

I have a personal interest in seeing support for this particular format work well with VDJ, since I think it is the future of high quality video encoding. For now, I'm sticking with VOB (MPEG2) and sticking with my PC platform for video mixing, at least until the Mac version works as well as the PC version.

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 12:25 am
PdubPRO InfinityMember since 2007
OK I figured out my issue. If any part of the path containes an "&" Virtual can't read it. I tried getting rid of the &, but now I can't figure out how to refresh my library.

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 2:01 am
hi ... i looked all over the place to find the wirtual dj for mac..... i cant find it .. i have registered a login name but i found nothing were is it plz..help me

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 6:56 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 12:27 pm
does anyone know when the demo will be out for mac????i would like to try i t before i use it on a party on 12/5??

thanks

Inviato Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 11:13 pm
macspider wrote :
does anyone know when the demo will be out for mac????i would like to try i t before i use it on a party on 12/5??

thanks

lol you guys that keep asking for the demo remind me of me when i was waiting for the pro version to come out for mac..lol

It's coming soon though :-) (hopefully)

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 1:57 am
The BUY page doesn't designate if you want to purchase the MAC version or PC. If you order, does it offer you a choice of downloading the MAC version in the email link, or somewhere else?

And are there any significant differences between the PC and MAC versions? And any remaining MAC bugs?

Thanks!

Inviato Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 6:34 am
you buy a 2 computer licence

its up to you what os ie 2 mac or 2 pc or 1 mac and 1 pc

Inviato Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 12:44 pm
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Hi, Just want to find out if I'll be able to Use the Hercules MK1 (The very first version) with the Mac version of VDJ. I only want to use it as a SOUNDCARD and not a controller.

Thanks

Inviato Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 2:06 pm
mulivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks for this development under mac but why can't i use my hercules console in remote control with ??
are you planning an update to fix it ?

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 2:20 am
you can go to the remote control tab and tick the mk2 console option to use it as a controler.

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:14 am
great but a demo would still be great for a mac. also has anyone tried to run this through parallels or bootcamp yet.

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 4:38 pm
I just switched to Mac and i'm so happy that i don't have to dual boot. Thank you Virtual Dj! :)

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 5:46 am
houseofsound wrote :
great but a demo would still be great for a mac. also has anyone tried to run this through parallels or bootcamp yet.

I run mine in bootcamp. Haven't used it at a gig yet, but it seems fine so far. I strictly run video though. The video portion of the Mac side wont play alot of my vids yet so I had to partion Windows XP. I believe the mp3 side is great for Mac though.

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:47 am
Güzel baya ya begendim ismini ama kullanmadım :)

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 3:37 pm
I bought a MacBook NOT a MacPro my problem is the videos would freeze on me. This only happens when I put a video in #2 on the VirtualVinyl, #1 is okay and it would never freeze like #2. I tryed everything in the book and some. I guess the only solution is to get a MacPro aand sell my MacBook. Is there any more ideas you have in mind. How can I save this geat software.??????????????????????????????????

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 1:27 pm
76%