Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multi Track Software for Makin Mixtapes - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

What software is good for making mixtapes.

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 8:46 pm
Cool Edit Pro works for me.

It's older and has since changed it's name but that's the one I use.

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 9:38 pm
sony acid

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 9:40 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Cool Edit Pro is no longer avialable it was purchased by Adobe. It is now called Audition. you can download a 30 trial for free at the Adobe website. I foung 30 days way too short of a time to learn everything the prgram could do.

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:25 pm
I've had Cool Edit for almost 3 years and still find new ways to do things in it.

I might try the newer version - but I really am content with the version i use

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:27 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Cool Edit was Audition 1.5, now they are up to 2.0. I like the newer version a little bit more than the older one.

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:31 pm
I like my sonar 6.2, it's a bit expensive but well worth it;^]

Inviato Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 11:50 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sony acid or sonar.. for editing, it wise to get sound forge 8 and also protools. And it be best if u have external hardware to controlled this. A recording mixer (analog/digital) n some compressor device etc.

Inviato Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 6:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
protools le :)

Inviato Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 7:47 pm
i currently have sony acid, which can be pretty good. Also have used cool-edit, which has less automatic features, but probably more control overall than acid.

But just to through another one in there, if you want something to help with beatmixing, mixmeister is fantastic for just dropping things in and it sounding half decent. And you can easily alter what it does automatically, but it can give you a great starting point without hardly any effort at all!

Inviato Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 8:25 pm
Vegas. Been using it since version 1. It looks more complicated than what it is. Sonar is a good program too, but I feel Sonar is more for making music, Vegas is more for editing music. Check out my blog and listen to my mixes. All done with Vegas.

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 1:36 am
mixmeister. you don't even have to mix. it'll do it for you.

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 7:57 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
skyfxl wrote :
protools le :)

LE???!!! TDM all the way man!! LoL

But seriously if you can get your hands on a someone with a Pro Tools rig you'll be sorted!! Also check out Sony's Sound Forge! It's nice an simple! I'm lucky, I have both! hehe! :-)

Rory

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 9:10 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
anewsome wrote :
mixmeister. you don't even have to mix. it'll do it for you.

Wheres the fun in that!!! ;-)

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 9:11 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol MM Fusion does the mixing for you, but it isn't always perfect. There usually is still some tweaking to be done. It IS a cool program, though.

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 7:28 am
or you can just record it live and burn it out without having to use a multitrack program!!

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 10:40 am
Got Cool Edit love the program im so happy now.

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 11:22 pm
You can tell who the true OLD G's are... We are still calling it mixtapes and don't think twice about it.

The new generation are calling it for what it is : mixcd

Inviato Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 11:44 pm
Old School is splicing your mixtape together on reel to reel. :) That is where I learned how to edit. Thank god I don't have to do that anymore!

Inviato Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 2:41 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am the engineer for one of the biggest name Mix-Tape DJs in the game.
We've been puttin them out for about 7 years & have won 9 Mixtape Awords from Justo's Mixtape Awords (if you know about mixtapes you know ours).

We use 3 main programs:
Mixmeister Pro6
Sony Sound Forge 9
Sony Vegas 4 (they changed some things in 5&6 that I didn't like)

We use Mixmeister Pro6 to make our "Radio" (No Talking) CDs or to pre-mix our Hip Hop CDs.

Sony Sound Forge for editing or fixing a song also for recording live or extracting audio from a CD and for the final mastering.

We use Vegas as our Multi-Track Recorder and send the mixdown of that to Sound Forge for the final steps.

I like the Sony stuff because they are fast and reliable, also have a lot of great plug-ins you can use with them like "Noise Reduction", "BBE Sonic Maxamiser", "Compression", "Normalazation" "EQs", "Echos", "Reverbs".
Ton of stuff I can't do without!

ACiD is good too but I can do better using Vegas.
and on top of that you can edit video with Vegas.

Inviato Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 4:05 am
83%