Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Locks after +-1H - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Help needed;

Got myself a new PC (Dell Inspiron 9400 duo core 2G Ram Vista installed) loaded VDJ and hooked up my USB HD + controller (BCD-2000).
Everything works perfect except that the program locks every +- 1H? meaning: while mixing the program suddenly is not starting its track anymore I can see the play button giving feedback in the program when the controller is pressed or when mouse or keyboard is pressed but the track just won’t start!!!
Only when closing the program/restarting it works flawless again for another +- 1H?
As in the old days I followed some tricks from you guys being disabling the network's/firewall/Sidebar/etc. even changed the affinity to 1 or 2 processors but the issue remains every +1H the programs locks.

Any idea on how to solve?

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 8:43 am
Might be BCD 2000 related.

Try updateing to lastest and greatest in DirectX from mircosoft.

Not much advice - but you've done everything I would have.

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 8:58 am
I know strange fact, I don’t think it’s BCD related as the program reacts to the button presses but it just won’t start the track after some time only when I restart VDJ ? The strange thing is that I can just close VDJ I don’t need to go through test manager to do so what means that the program is not completely locked only the Play/pause functions are disabled.

Maybe a USB-Hub? althow all usb devices connected are self-powered.

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 9:15 am
Do you have any other controllers?

try an HDC or a DAC if you have acces to them see if it carries over to other hardware.

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 9:21 am
I have an older HDC somewhere but I love the functionality of the BCD and it worked ok on my previous PC so I’m looking for a solution I know in the beginning with the HDC it was also a Microsoft setting so :-)

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 11:45 am
@Pelgrims: do you check that BCD 2K is supported on Vista? Berhinger site says nothing about. But a lot if Vista users have problems with the BCD.

From my side, on Windows XP I've no problem on my laptop with my BCD and Moramax Mapper.

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 1:51 pm
Well I could read on several forums that many people are using the BCD with Vista without any problems, it took the drivers (1.1) on install and it functions ok but the after some time VDJ hangs in some functions ?

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 2:14 pm
@Marcel, Updating DirectX on Vista is not needed = always the latest V10 no?

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 2:17 pm
pelgrims wrote :
@Marcel, Updating DirectX on Vista is not needed = always the latest V10 no?

Not sure - but When I installed vista last month or so I had to update both the O/s and directx.

There's Microsoft - release an OS and literally 3 months later there are update patches for it.

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 3:19 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The problem is because you have a dell.

every.single.user that has had problems like these has a dell. Unfortunately, there is no work around this because it is hardwired somehow by dell themselves.

Im not being silly or making a joke here, but you need to get yourself a different brand of computer :/ sorry man

If you lucky, maybe you can return your pc for a different one, but other than that, there will probably never be a workaround.

I have been here a long time reading people's unsolvable problems, all having Dells :(

Inviato Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 6:39 pm
After … hours of testing I’ve found something -> the program locks on the latency settings when on “Auto” when the program locks-up I can go into the config menu & change the latency from Auto to whatever and back, when done the track starts playing automatically and everything will work ok for another +-1H?

Vista? BCD? VDJ? Any ideas somebody.

Thanks.

Inviato Wed 02 May 07 @ 5:19 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Latency in "auto" uses BCD default parameter in the drivers config

And if you don't use "latency" in "auto" ? Try a latency of 512 or 1024

Inviato Wed 02 May 07 @ 5:23 pm
Same issue whatever latency it is on, but again ones switched from that setting to another & back it’s ok again for +- 1H? Same configuration works ok on XP & what’s even more strange is when under XP I press the “Asio Config” button in the settings it automatically opens the BCD panel to set the Latency, but when on Vista it is not opening anything at all?

Any ideas?

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 9:13 am
Hmm.. at first thought, I'd guess the problem can be related to wireless devices such as bluetooth and/or wireless network. Your description fitted a problem in my case, which disappeared when shutting down those services.

What else is running; services, devices, programs??

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 10:25 am
Noop nothing everything is disabled Wifi/Lan/firewall/virus-check/sidebar/etc….
Weird I know it looks like it is a Vista->VDJ issue because everything runs smooth with the same configuration on XP. Unfortunately my new PC runs on Vista & is much more powerful so I would like to run VDJ on it :-)

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 12:00 pm
DJ Cyder is some sort of Vista Techie - he knows more than I do.. I find it hard to believe the problems are VDJ-related.. most likely windows (or could even be computer hardware.)

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 12:28 pm
:-) no worries my faith in VDJ is still there but honestly don’t you think it’s a bit funny to blame the OS when the application software VDJ is written for this OS and is going faulty?

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 12:34 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yep, Cyder is using Vista now for Video/Audio and it is working great for him so you should contact him.

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 2:18 pm
Actually, I don't think Virtual DJ, initially, was written for Vista. :-)
But, even though it is now written/adapted to Vista environment, there is still the OS behind VDJ, which still causes problems. This has been a fact for almost any program written on every version of Windows since it's primary release of Windows 1.0.
We all remember blue screens, forbidden actions, programs shutting down for doubtful reasons and many other strange behaviors. Programs are never perfect thus the OS they run on.
A bit off-topic now - hope things solves for ya! Would be interesting to see where the problems lie in.

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:44 pm
Yes I know unfortunately VDJ needs to depend on an OS we all wait for VDJ as a standalone program = OS included :-)
I’m sure someone will come up with a solution to my problem as we all had our solutions with the blue screens to.
Ones more a small recapitulation:

-VDJ (locks) after +-1H not completely locks but the track is not starting anymore you can see the feedback of the button being pressed by the controller or keyboard.

- When entering the setup menu & changing the latency from whatever it is on to something else & back it is fully operational again for another hour.

-Same configuration works perfect under XP but the fault occurs in Vista.

- When the Asio config button is pressed (while using XP) the Asio panel of the controller used pops-up eg.HDJC/BCD/etc. when the same action is performed using Vista no menu pops-up.

Hope a solution can be found.

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:24 pm
74%