Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SPEAKER HELP! NEED NEW SET TONIGHT!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Sorry for all the caps :)

Looking between B52s, Mackie, and (what I have always used JBL)

Need to be powered and spend no more than say, 1500. I have an 18" JBL powered sub already in the mix of things if that helps.... TIA!

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 8:23 pm
If you liked the JBL's, why not return to them? I use Mackie's, because I got a great deal on three of them, $500.00 apiece at the DJ convention. The other two I got off of eBay, at some great price with bags and stands. I believe there's not that much difference between the two, if you know what you are doing. If I had to do it again, and money was no object, I would go with the QSC's, or the RCF's. Or you could rent or borrow for tonight, and wait and do some more research, before you buy. I make it a habit not to buy anything after the first of the year. I wait til the DJ convention in AC to buy, because you can usually get a great deal, and see all the new shit.

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 8:46 pm
Well, I get my stuff at cost at GC, but you're right... going to wait till tomorrow.... check out the speakers, put them through a battery of tests etc.

Opinions still welcome though!

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 9:39 pm
uhhh ..... nobody gets stuff at cost at these retailers, except Fred ,(the owner) Fred Guitar Center, he gets stuff at cost, but everybody else pays a lil more

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 10:58 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I know Fred Guitar Center Chuck! Well, actually, I know his brother Ted Musicians Freind. They drive matching Lexus' and laugh at all of us when we get bad advice from their sales associates.

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:23 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
we get bad advice from their sales associates.

you mean "scabs" their not there long enough to be actual employees...lol

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:38 pm
a lotta people don't know , but Fred invented electricity , or we'd have no electric guitar .....

Inviato Sat 26 May 07 @ 12:39 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I thought Fred invented the guitar string....... Live and learn....

Inviato Sat 26 May 07 @ 2:40 am
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL........

In the automotive trade (canada) we call ECMs and Other modules that are networked FREDS
F rickin
R etarded
E lectronic
D evice

Wonder what Foamy the squirel will say.

Inviato Sat 26 May 07 @ 2:54 am
FOAMY!!! Hell yes....

OK, maybe I don't get things "at cost", but I would assume pretty close...

JBL JRX118SP?

MSRP:$929.99
Retail price:$739.99
ME:$450

Inviato Sat 26 May 07 @ 7:37 pm
Hey, I got a floor model of the B52's Active Matrix-2000 from GC for about $1200. It is a nice setup. I am a mobile DJ. It has one 18" sub for bass and 2 12" two ways and 2 horn. What I really like about them is I can plug in straight from my DJ Herc Console. It is pushing 1200 Watts. Talk to the people at GC and see if you can get a good deal. I walked out of GC with the Speakers, Stands, all the cables I needed to hook them up, and a set of Pioneer DJ headphones for about $1500.
DJ Digital

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 1:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)