Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 40 years ......

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

30 albums , 25 certified platinum .......120 million sold, hits in 5 decades (only equaled by the rolling stones) the second highest selling American band ( only exceeded by the Beach Boys )

i'm gonna see 'em again sunday and America has been added to the bill ...... " Oz never gave nothing to the tin man, that he didn't already have "

the 40 years is they formed in walt's apartment (walter parazaider) on feb 15 1967, they were warm up acts for jimi hendrix and janis joplin before they made there first album....which was april '69 this was a double album, they toured incessantly and still released another double album 8 months later in feb of 1970,incredibly there 3rd album was a double also........3 double albums and lots of touring inside of three years .........

they don't make 'em like that anymore .....

there WASN'T ANY sampling or cut and paste ...... they just really played and really sang

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 3:54 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Love America...cant tell you how many times I got laid to Sister Golden Hair...

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 6:26 am
i know somebody 'll know the name of the headliner (not America )

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 1:33 pm
Let me guess, Chicago. Please sent me my money. Only the Tower of Power has a better horn section. Better may be too strong a word. How about comparable? After further consideration, I gonna go with, slightly better. Ahhh, both were great.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 7:51 pm
Wasn't the Tower Of Power Horn Section Backing up Huey Lewis and the News for A bit During the Small World Album?

Gotta go Check My Jacket Liner.

I admit it - I'm A Huey Lewis and the News fan.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 9:04 pm
nuttin' to be embarassed about ... they 're out on the chasing beaver tour i think...lol

of course it's Chicago ! .... i been playing my Chicago oeuvre ........if any you guys like them you should see/hear the hi def concert dvd of them with EWF ........

this tour drummer Tris Imboden will be sporting his latest DW kit built with koa wood which is from his native hawaii .... the hardware is all 18 kt gold plated and so is the Gibraltar rack

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 9:38 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Wasn't the Tower Of Power Horn Section Backing up Huey Lewis and the News for A bit During the Small World Album?

Gotta go Check My Jacket Liner.

I admit it - I'm A Huey Lewis and the News fan.

Yes, and the list goes on. I get goose bumps thinking about some of their collaborations.

However, Chicago has some superstar collaborations under it's belt also.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 9:44 pm
whatza jacket liner?? oh yeah you wear one skiing .......lol

in the 70's i remember t.o.p. playin' lotsa football halftimes ..... i'm still diggin' on james brown ......

speaking of horn sections what is a horn section exactly ?? i mean brasses are trumpets , 'n 'bones , and tubas and cornets and french horns, etc.......however saxes and clarinets and flutes are woodwinds and generally have reeds except for the flutes ..... so are the saxes , etc part of the horn section ??

if you wanna hear an amazing legendary sax section the Buddy Rich big band , especially at the height of their
powers in the mid '60s .........Channel 1 Suite or West Side Story medley .... really incredible .... what i call goose bumps music .......

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 10:38 pm
AMaHM is our trivia winner ....... congratulations !

you will be receiving the entire Chicago and TOP catalogs on convenient 45 rpm records which will be sent out one per week , compliments of ChuckRadio ........over a period of 35 years

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 10:49 pm
Shit, I already have that collection. Be careful, some may have a stroke trying to figure 'What's a 45"?

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)