Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Longest DVI cable....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

What is the longest DVI cable you can use, before you start to get degradation? Anyone have any experience with DVI splitters/amplifiers? his is from computer to projector. Your thoughts please.

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 10:55 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Genereally, in home situations, 5 meteres is a nice rule of thumb...but in professional settings up to 25 meteres should be OK.
You can probably get decent result with much longer cables as well in some settings, but I would recommend a signal amplifier beyond this point...

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 12:19 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the bbc advise a max of nine meters

which is the max they use in studios

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 12:42 am
I could do with 15 meters (50 feet), I just need to know there won't be any degradation. If so, I will go shorter and get an amplifier. I know I will end up getting an amplifier later, but don't need it right now, so don't want to spend the money, right now. However, if I can't use 50 feet now, I will go ahead and get the amplifier. I could use this info sooner, rather then later.

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 12:44 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
you can "never" go wrong with a signal amplifier, so if you can afford it I suggest you get it straight away.

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 2:29 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Dvi is a waste of time and energy, you can run vga at very high res with no loss at 100 feet. Cable is cheaper too. For what we are doing here vga is fine save dvi to run your montior and vga to run the projector and you will be much happier.

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 4:55 am
So, 50 foot VGA it is. See how easy that was? So now, what is the best way to split that up, one to a projector, and two to a pair of 37" LCD's?

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 7:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 11:27 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Some projectors will not accept HD res (720p, 1080p) on VGA cables, well mine doesnt at least.

Just a thought if you were intending to use HD res on a HD projector

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 3:20 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I run the vga ultra thin and have excellent success with it.
Never had a need for 100 footers, I have 2 50's and 2 25's if I ever need more than 50 which I never have had actually.
VGA is also more secure with respect to disconnects compared to s video.

I also got a small but perfect little distribution amp from them that stays right in my console when I run dual screens or a single and karaoke monitor.

Another tip is to use a 3' vga pigtail permanently plugged in to the video card to reduce the wear and tear on the pins and also offer ease of connection where you can see it with or with out the powered splitter in place.
Normally VGA runs male to male, but I ordered my cables male to female so I can connect them together if I need to adding flexibility to set ups.
The 3 footer runs male to female and the others run female back to male.

http://www.computercablesource.com/v...12pf-1220.html

I used gender benders on the output side to keep my cable options available, bottom of this page.
http://www.providencecable.com/products.asp?cid=2271453

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 6:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)