Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: "I shoulda Stayed in Bed"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Had a great night last night. - Not.

Like normal I was handed a list of spot drink specials to call at various times throughout the night, I get a list hand delivered to me from the Manager/Owner every Firday/Saturday.

So at the apropriate times I read 'EM off.

One was a BrownCow/Paralyzer special. I got a tap on my back and one of the bartenders told me AFTER I had called it that they were out of coffe liquour and couldn't do brown cows.

I told them Sorry but there's nothing I can do about it now. The Announcements been made and I can't take it back.

One of the waitresses There also helps the manager and orders the bar's liquor; After the evening is over In the cash out room (at least she had the sense to do this there) Screamed her bloody face off at me. I told her that this was a silly argument as she was the one who ordered the booze and the owner was the one who made the specials for the night. After Makeing an anouncement; you're screwed, all you can do is tell customers (serving staff) is "The DJ didn't know we were out of Coffee Liquour."

I got screamed at over reading a scrap of paper.

Some days Ya wonder why You even go in to work.

Thoughts boys and girls?

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 6:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
My thoughts Marcel are..politely remind everyone the Manager makes up this list, and if they have a problem to go talk to him, and walk away. If pushed I would, in the future, make a showing of asking everyone at the bar, in my most innocent voice and either over the mic or not, are these correct? Wow, what a great bunch of drink specials we have tonight. Then I would go home and drink. This is a good example of why I stopped working the clubs. Also next time the chic is yelling at you just look at her chest....an I mean stare. She will be so mad your not paying attention that she will forget what her original reason for being mad is...lol. Never tried this one myself so let me know how it turns out...lol

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 7:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"It's a sh*t business"

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 8:10 pm
Some people just have their heads up their own arses don't they!

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 11:44 pm
I'm thinking that might have been the last straw there in termes of loyalty - I'm gonna make up some DJ packages and start seeing if I can find a new home.

Inviato Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 12:18 am
Marcel:

I totally know what you are going through. I f'in hate it when people mouth off when they have absolutely no reasoning behind it. Like you are supposed to know that they screwed up by not having enough liquor. You would think they simply would have come up with a different shot to use for the special after you found out they were out of that particular liquor. No big deal you would think.

I am going through something similar right now that may warrant its own thread. Currently working in a very large club and dealing with the type of owner that is "never happy". I just got offered a gig at a new smaller bar for the same decent total pay as my existing place... but almost HALF the hours required to work. So in essense its twice as much hourly wise.

But even with the BS... sometimes its tough to leave a solid club. I am sure you know the industry well enough to realize that the guy that is kissing your ass one day is the same guy that will backstab you tomorrow.

Decisions... decisions.

Inviato Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 1:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)