Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual dj sale - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

when was the last time virtual dj went on sale? i am not looking for a freebie i am looking to buy it but man!!! the price is really up there. and it gets worse on ordering a boxed unit. $300.00 for a license key wow! maybe this is all in vane but it's worth a shot.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 7:16 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Come on?! When did $300 become a lot of money for a professional piece of DJ equipment?
I think it's quite cheap actually...

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 10:56 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why not just buy the Hercules MK 2 for half that price and get VDJ 3.4 (a nice stable version) thrown in.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 11:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its the cheapest pro dj software

the console edition is a limited home version

comparison

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:51 pm
Just think of it as just one party

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 4:29 pm
Worth every single penny.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, as Dj Ablaze said.............it is what you charge for DJing a small party.........in fact I never look at it that way.......jajajajaja.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 4:42 pm
skyfxl wrote :
its the cheapest pro dj software

Traktor €199
MS Pinky + Soundcard + Vinyl €220
PCDJ FX €225
VirtualDJ €239

Admittedly VirtualDJ has the most plugins and compatibility out of the box. With some of the other programs you need dedicated Karaoke and Scratch versions, some of them this isn't a feature at all. But I wouldn't call VirtualDJ the cheapest by any means.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 5:03 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
still worth the investment in any bodys money...

Tayla

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 6:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its the cheapest relatively as it the only complete program as , pcdj requies you to pruchase modules

so does otis , and sll needs its own special box

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 6:41 pm
Damn, I can't afford the new Bentley. If they could just knock off a couple of dollars, I could handle it. I know, I'll work a couple of extra shifts, and save my money. That way, you won't have to listen to me cry about the stuff I can't afford.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 8:02 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Damn, I can't afford the new Bentley. If they could just knock off a couple of dollars, I could handle it. I know, I'll work a couple of extra shifts, and save my money. That way, you won't have to listen to me cry about the stuff I can't afford.

I'll just install a lowering kit in some rich Hockey player's Ecalade.

Although one of the other mechanic's in the shop just installed headers and a supercharger in a Cadillac CTS-V (the one with the Corvette Drivetrain)

Took a 450HP Cadillac to a 600HP Cadillac.

I gotta expand my newly formed business already - so I can afford the toys!!!!!

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 12:28 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJing Videos can take your club gigs from paying $150-$200 up to $300+
No program for Video DJing is any better or even equal to VDJ!
Suck up the change and be a pro.

Try to buy a Pioneer CD player, the cheepest one is $300 and the one the pro's use are $1300 each.
Serato is between $500 - $600 and with a $99 maya card you can do the same plus video using VDJ.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 10:58 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VDJ is the cheapest Pro DJ software for what it is, the features are too many to list. It's a complete package for all kinds of DJ's, it's not locked to a particular soundcard, all updates in the companies history have been FREE (including Video).

It's one of the DJ industrys few bargains IMHO.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:59 pm
KregCZ wrote :
DJing Videos can take your club gigs from paying $150-$200 up to $300+
No program for Video DJing is any better or even equal to VDJ!
Suck up the change and be a pro.

Try to buy a Pioneer CD player, the cheepest one is $300 and the one the pro's use are $1300 each.
Serato is between $500 - $600 and with a $99 maya card you can do the same plus video using VDJ.

well said ..... don't be a Paris Hilton , complaining about the price of your Bentley ........

WHY does ANYONE expect it to be cheap and easy ?? said the parrot as he twisted his head upside down??????????????????????

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 2:59 pm
People expect it to be cheap because of marketing I would imagen. Serato have Rane behind them, Final Scratch have Stanton behind them; both massive names in audio equipment. Both of these products do not have home editions which you can pick up on random websites or computer shops. Traktor and PCDJ look a lot more professional as their default skins are a lot more confusing, the names also seem more professional. VirtualDJ has Atomix, the company known for producing Atomix MP3, a budget DJ software. Think about the name VirtualDJ, what does virtual actually mean?

Quote :
Existing in the mind, especially as a product of the imagination. Used in literary criticism of a text.

You wouldn't expect a premium product to have such a description. Add to the name the picture of the random guy on the website and most teenagers will not realise that this software is actually targetted at professionals. When I bought it, it was only because the Mk2 version (which really is a toy to be honest) was very limited and the idea of cheap TCV appealed to me. Luckily when I purchased the software it was at the discounted price, a long time ago.

Now I can't prove this next statement, but I would have thought that Numark Cue will outsell VirtualDJ very soon if it's not doing so already. Because of the reasons given above and others too, a lot of people of my age and thereabouts will find themselves pirating this software. A lot of professional DJs are more likely to go with Cue and Macs.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 3:30 pm
i agree with all that ........ i have suggested previously that they can't keep supporting unlimited controllers skins and plugins .......i'd actually prefer they ditched all that in favor of 1 or 2 company issued defaults . it needs to be more robust and stable for the pro's to use ..... i mean when do some of the most common problems get fixed ??? error in the video driver , error in the soundcard , corrupt database and automix glitch are gettin' old ........

they market it at the young ,and the amateur ? but those users apparently don't have the patience to gain the knowledge of the computer in general and the software itself .......

i hope it gets more robust and stable , but i also hope Numark doesn't take over and wreck things esp. the forum

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 4:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i hope it gets more robust and stable , but i also hope Numark doesn't take over and wreck things esp. the forum

I doubt Numark would wreck the forums. They have their own to play with and mess up, why bother ours?....( understanding I have a CUE box icon under my name, I see myself as one of you)

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 4:59 pm
HEY PEEPS I AM AN OFFICIAL OWNER OF VIRTUAL DJ PRO THAT IS A FULLY LICENSED USER. HOW ABOUT THAT!

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 5:31 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Nice, welcome to the club ;)

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 6:53 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hey thats cool... n welcome:))

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 7:16 am
77%