Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vista and VDJ???? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

What’s the Verdict on Vista playing nice with VDJ?

Any Conflicts, Driver issues, should I wait?

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 7:10 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi mate

i got a new lappy back in feb with vista already installed and i'm having no problems with it everything running fine and after reading some other posts people who upgrade to it seem to have a better running system but i would wait for a more informed answer tech wise before doing anything...

Tayla

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 11:40 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It should work fine, if you have problems, it would be because of drivers. Vista is a new OS and needs some patch and the drivers are better every day. You should try before you go public, just in case ;)

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 11:50 am
Should work?? That’s what scares me.

Anyone else

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:17 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It works great with a powerfull computer.

But some hardware, like external soundcards don't have drivers up to date.

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:23 pm
JeremK wrote :
It works great with a powerfull computer.

But some hardware, like external soundcards don't have drivers up to date.

What do you think JermK?

Motherboard
Asus P5B Intel P965 Chipset, LGA775 compatibility, Intel Core 2 Duo and Extreme CPU support, Intelligent Overclocking Tools, PCI-Express x16, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA, 8-channel Audio, USB 2.0

Processor
Intel Pentium® 4 631 Processor Prescott 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775, 2MB

Ram
OCZ OCZ28002048ELDCGE-K 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Enhanced Latency Gold Edition Dual Channel Memory

Video Card
Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO PCI Express 512MB DDR2 Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI & VGA

Sound Card USB
Sound Blaster Live! 24bit External

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:01 pm

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:08 pm
Hi, works fine for me!

I've got a 1.82GHz centrino laptop, 1G of ram, mobility radeon x300 video card (128MB dedicated mem). And that's with some video mixing as well.

Best thing to do would be a dual boot, so then you can have both while your getting everything sorted. That's what I did.

Good luck.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 12:29 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Hi, works fine for me!

I've got a 1.82GHz centrino laptop, 1G of ram, mobility radeon x300 video card (128MB dedicated mem). And that's with some video mixing as well.

Best thing to do would be a dual boot, so then you can have both while your getting everything sorted. That's what I did.

Good luck.

“dual boot” I’ve heard of this but don’t understand the way it functions or how to set it up. Wouldn’t that put more strain on the CPU?

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 5:10 am

DUAL BOOT is a boot sector file that lets you choose what OS to run.
Only ONE run at a time, so its not any more stress on the CPU at all:)

I have XP on 1 harddrive, Vista on the other. And can boot into either one. With ONE of them running.
So its a perfect setup ;)

And I run VDJ on Vista without any problems, would even say it runs better on Vista ;)

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 6:52 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

DUAL BOOT is a boot sector file that lets you choose what OS to run.
Only ONE run at a time, so its not any more stress on the CPU at all:)

I have XP on 1 harddrive, Vista on the other. And can boot into either one. With ONE of them running.
So its a perfect setup ;)

And I run VDJ on Vista without any problems, would even say it runs better on Vista ;)

What Are the benefits to running dual boot, and what would use two OP's running at the same time. Sorry but I just don't get it. Please help.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 7:50 am

First of all for TESTING, and for having both available for running, as some programs cant run on Vista yet, and some hardware dont work on Vista.

Thats why I keep XP on a drive still..

But havent been much in XP lately, so the day will come soon when I delete the XP drive ;)

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:08 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

First of all for TESTING, and for having both available for running, as some programs cant run on Vista yet, and some hardware dont work on Vista.

Thats why I keep XP on a drive still..

But havent been much in XP lately, so the day will come soon when I delete the XP drive ;)

Thanks, this will tell me if my hardware is up to par with Vista but do all VDJ function work correctly?
http://ati.amd.com/technology/windowsvista/AreYouVistaReady.html

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:34 am
paulettecerra wrote :

Thanks, this will tell me if my hardware is up to par with Vista but do all VDJ function work correctly?

Yes, it will give an INDICATION.

I used the same tool, and had some remarks by the "AreYouVistaReady" about my soundcard not being ready etc.

But it still worked fine in Vista though ;)

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:39 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
paulettecerra wrote :

Yes, it will give an INDICATION.

I used the same tool, and had some remarks by the "AreYouVistaReady" about my soundcard not being ready etc.

But it still worked fine in Vista though ;)

Thanks much.

When I ge the cash and all the Vista drivers for my hardware together I'm going to go for it.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:22 pm
VDJ works on Vista

However there are some professional audio solutions that may still have their Vista drivers in the works, so I'd start by looking at that. For many devices XP drivers should work in Vista but there's often something that doesn't. Laptops that came with XP originally may for example have no Vista drivers* for the laptop specific features. The CPU power management features should work but battery status indicator may not.

*I don't think they need Vista drivers, it's just that getting some technical detail wrong can cause incompatibility alone, or just using an old version of development kit.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 5:50 pm
I'm running Vista Ultimate on my desktop (not laptop) at home. I have a 2.8ghx Intel box with 2gig of ram. I am also running the Hercules MP3 console (just having fun with the app, not pro)

I was running VDJ on these same machine with only 1 gb ram on WinXP with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 7:02 pm
The best windows version to use is XP. Its doesnt give sound problems. Vista does. Somedays it will work fine and others it has a little distortion. vista is not ready yet and needs alot of updating. You donot want to get caught dj a party and your equipment sounds distorted. Lucky i have a dell and dell computers do not need serial numbers when installing windows or changing it. It has to be a dell windows operating system cd that you can only use. If you have vista, try arriving extra early to your gig because you may has some trouble. I have serato and my cousin has virtual dj. We both had the same problems and switched operating systems. Now it works very well and no distortion. I dj constantly and i could be very stressful not getting your equipment to sound right. My laptop is dell inspiron 1501 AMD turion 62X 2 Dual core 2.0GHZ 256 MB video card and a 80 gig HD. It is super fast. Fast equals No Freeze. Thank god..

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:51 am
The laptop has 2 gigs of ram, A must to have if .....

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:52 am
@Caliente123: Thats simply not true, i think you can say that in general cause any system is different (hardware...) and of course you need to know how to configure your Vista properly. I know a lot of ppl who use VDJ or any other DJ software with Vista and no problems.

It mostly depends on the soundcard you use, if the supplied drivers aren`t that good you can run into problems yes but for sure VDJ itself has no special issues with Vista.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 3:12 pm
91%