Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

yeah... lol.. you have a sharp awake eye ;) hehe

There are similarities to say the least:

CDN 90 (2003) :

DMC2 (2006):

Them being a bit equal is the understatement of the year ;) lol

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 1:08 am
On a lighter note :)

dj-in-norway wrote :
But that other [Reflex] skin aint all bad.. looks pretty cool actually

Yeah, I agree with you. It reminds me of this:

But now that I think of it, the Pioneer 3000 is "outdated" too.... LOL

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 1:11 am
I like the Denon skin better;) hehe

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 1:15 am
I'm looking forward to using the HC4500 skin with VDJ and HC4500 controller ;)

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 1:18 am

To be fair though, design-wise, its not like denon reinvented the wheel either ;) by looks..

DN-D6000 (2004)

Denon HC4500 (2007)

That aside, the feature of it, makes it a BEAST! ;) One awesome controller

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 1:35 am
Both look similar, but that’s where it ends—nice try ;) Notice the additional buttons on the HC4500. Also note that many other buttons have been changed and relocated. Furthermore, if you examine the pics closely, the jog wheels look different. Click on the link below. After the intro, you’ll see small red circles around the HC4500. Click on these circles for more info and you can really see the difference technologically:

http://www.denondj.com/dnhc4500/dn-hc4500.html

If you compare the pics that you provided for the "outdated" 2003 CN-90 and the "new" DMC2; both are identical. The only difference is the color that certain buttons light up…. LOL

Numark has the audacity to state that, “The new DMC2 is Numark's flagship professional DJ software controller.” LOL!!! I guess we all just crawled from under a large rock at the same time.... LOL!!!

http://www.numark.com/dmc2

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 4:07 am
lmao a choice of green
or blue and pink buttons Hmm.. lol apperance wise.

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 8:43 am
I think I'll choose pink—it’s definitely a real man's color ;) lol

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 1:13 pm

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:11 pm

developement takes a long time, so might not be worth postpone buyin a new controller, if you want one now :)

That Denon controller seems to be an awesome new controller... and is out soon..

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:16 pm
Double O wrote :
I think I'll choose pink—it’s definitely a real man's color ;) lol

OO

yeah lol,
the girlfriend likes the color pink, maybe i can get an advantage point in being able to buy it.
whoops, lmao yeah she's lookin over the shoulder now as i type saying "get the pink one".

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:19 pm
101010101 wrote :
lmao a choice of green
or blue and pink buttons Hmm.. lol apperance wise.

The buttons on the DMC-2 are actually red (Blue + red to match the colour scheme used by Cue and VDJ.)

They just look pink in digital photos. DAC-3 CUE buttons (Also red) look exactly the same in digital photos.

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:33 pm
Thanks for the info about the buttons.

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:39 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

developement takes a long time, so might not be worth postpone buyin a new controller, if you want one now :)

That Denon controller seems to be an awesome new controller... and is out soon..

The original Numark thread was started back on January 26, 2007.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/64139/General_Discussion/Develop_a_Numark_Controller_(give_your_ideas_directly_to_Numark_here_).html?page=1

I hope Numark has been working on a new controller since then. In fact, all Numark needs to do is update the DMC2. Furthermore, I try not to buy the initial release of DJ hardware because of possible changes that might be needed. Therefore, I usually wait anyway.

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:40 pm
kingy04PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Virtual Controllers Are the next Gen Skins so to speak, You can make the program look like anything You Want, and even change how the whole program works... you can even design your own module e.g. a Completely Diffrent Custom recordcase coded by urself.

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:47 pm
kingy04 wrote :
Virtual Controllers Are the next Gen Skins so to speak, You can make the program look like anything You Want, and even change how the whole program works... you can even design your own module e.g. a Completely Diffrent Custom recordcase coded by urself.

I think Reflex is suppose to be designed this way I'll see if I can find some info on the PCDJ message board.

OO

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:51 pm
kingy04PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yea Reflex Uses This Method

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 10:26 pm
I wonder how hard it is to use this method because I've never tried to make a skin/virtual controller....

OO

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 3:26 am

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 7:04 pm
Some of us remember when Numark first came onto the DJ scene. They were a joke to professional DJs. They did not get to where they are now, by not listening to their customers. Numark made a great business decision to use a controller they already had, to go with their new software. Developing a new controller takes time. Look how long it took to get the Denon to market. They showed this controller at the 2006 convention in AC, and it still is not on the market yet. All controllers are a bunch of buttons, and knobs. What's new about any of their designs? I am more concerned with what they do. With JP's mappers, the DMC 2 kicks ass, right now. I would have done the same thing Numark did. Do I take a year to develop a new controller to go with my new software, (which works now), or do I re-configure a controller I already have? This is a no brain-er in the business world. Extend the life of a product we already have, and we make money now. Continue our research and development, on a new controller, with all the latest technology, and make more money. Then they start all over again. You never wait until you have a perfect product, because you will never release anything. They released a new ipod yesterday, and they are already working on the next one. This is not rocket science, but business 101. There will never be one controller to fit everyone. I love Denon, and own or have owned 2 2700s, 2 2500s, 2 2600, and 2 9000s. As nice as the Denon looks, it will not work for me, because I don't want a controller that has a sound card in it. I also need a sound card with at least 3 stereo outs. So it all comes down to personal taste, some put high marks on appearance, and will buy something just because they like the way it looks. Even if it doesn't have all the features they want, they like the way it looks. Others like features, and don't care what it looks like. Fortunately, there are enough choices for all of us.

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:17 pm
45%