Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 - soon out for mac - Page: 8

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

soundwave1 wrote :
MegaSeg is a very basic program that costs a lot of money (I own it). I have been using it until VD 5.0 is released. Put it this way, a child could use it... The only real pos. features are seg ability from one song to another, able to work hand & hand with iTunes and genre capability. Mixing is out of the question and no bells and whistles (forget video).

My 2 cents!

DJ maestrolk

I agree with the above. I am also using it till VDJ 5 comes out. You can mix with it, however, it's like a digitalization of the real old school way of mixing.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 1:55 pm
Thanks for the info.....I guess that answers my question about MEGASEG I also have a Macbook Pro. Once VdJ5 comes out do i need to get Leopord ?????

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 6:33 pm
JoeFreshDJPRO InfinityDigital DJ TipsMember since 2019
I own MegaSeg (which just released a new version today). It isn't the same kind of DJ software as VDJ, so it's really not fair to compare the two.

MegaSeg is more of an automation program, more useful for radio DJ's than club DJ's. It's designed for you to make a playlist, set the points at the end of songs that you wish to start the segue (crossfade), and hit 'Start Playlist.' And it takes care of the rest. It is extremely good at keeping track of very specific details, such as whether a track has male/female/duet singers, BPM and key (usually readable via ID3 tags), highest position on charts, etc. if you have the time to put that kind of info in. Then you can set up rules so that the same artist doesn't play twice in a certain frame of time, or not have two artists of the same gender play in a row...you get the idea.

MegaSeg is an amazing program, but it is very expensive and does not give you the control that VDJ, SSL, or even Torq gives you.

Still waiting for VDJ 5.0 for Mac, it's coming soon, I can feel it. :-)

- DJ Joe Fresh

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 8:13 pm
For all you Cue users out there the Mac beta version of 5.0 is available for download from the Numark site. I've messed around with it a bit and it's still buggy but that's to be expected from a beta version. I'm just suprised I'm the 1st to make a comment about it seeing as it's been on their website for a whole day now, especially considering all the 5.0 thirsty Cue usere out there.

Inviato Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 12:59 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
For all you Cue users out there the Mac beta version of 5.0 is available for download from the Numark site. I'm just suprised I'm the 1st to make a comment about it seeing as it's been on their website for a whole day now, especially considering all the 5.0 thirsty Cue usere out there.

I was just busy looking at how Apple sold 2 million copies of MAc OS X 10.5 Leopard in the first 48 hours. ;)
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/10/30macosx.html

Thanks for pointing this out though dizzy.

The Mac beta is also available here in the download section:
Numark VirtualVinyl v5.0 BETA Mac (full install) (15 MB)

Inviato Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 1:44 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ConQuest wrote :
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
For all you Cue users out there the Mac beta version of 5.0 is available for download from the Numark site. I'm just suprised I'm the 1st to make a comment about it seeing as it's been on their website for a whole day now, especially considering all the 5.0 thirsty Cue usere out there.

I was just busy looking at how Apple sold 2 million copies of MAc OS X 10.5 Leopard in the first 48 hours. ;)

Its not available to me.

Inviato Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 10:25 am
ConQuest wrote :
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :

Well... Hopefully the vdj version is on its heels. Cue is not available to me but by purchase.

Inviato Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 10:39 am
joefresh wrote :
I own MegaSeg (which just released a new version today). It isn't the same kind of DJ software as VDJ, so it's really not fair to compare the two.

MegaSeg is more of an automation program, more useful for radio DJ's than club DJ's. It's designed for you to make a playlist, set the points at the end of songs that you wish to start the segue (crossfade), and hit 'Start Playlist.' And it takes care of the rest. It is extremely good at keeping track of very specific details, such as whether a track has male/female/duet singers, BPM and key (usually readable via ID3 tags), highest position on charts, etc. if you have the time to put that kind of info in. Then you can set up rules so that the same artist doesn't play twice in a certain frame of time, or not have two artists of the same gender play in a row...you get the idea.

MegaSeg is an amazing program, but it is very expensive and does not give you the control that VDJ, SSL, or even Torq gives you.

Still waiting for VDJ 5.0 for Mac, it's coming soon, I can feel it. :-)

- DJ Joe Fresh
True. It is also good for mobile DJs that really don't need to do a lot of mixing (ie Wedding DJs, Mobile, etc.)

Inviato Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 4:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)