Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 - soon out for mac - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Based on all of the conversations I have been following on numerous boards....it looks to me like there a lot of mac users playing the waiting game....who own the Denon 4500, or even those that are just looking for new, solid software. Whichever software comes out the first is going to definitely get the mac sales. I mean, I can see from the Windows version that VJ 5.0 is going to be great....lots of features, has video if you need it. Reflex is like this thing that is unclear - at least from their website - it sounds great, lots of new and great features, but I can't really get a great feel for what I am waiting for....so good marketing by VDJ....you have me checking this site more often now than the PCDJ site....and there may be other converts....

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:05 pm
skyfxl wrote :
where all the links to it now point to the 10.5 site

Yup, you're correct sky.

I've eliminated the dead Boot Camp link on the other thread.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 8:10 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
latin_hick33 wrote :
When!!!!! is the version for Mac coming!!!! :O)~

Have patience, hold on a bit.. the mac version 5 is ard the corner... coming soon:)

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 2:34 am

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 2:47 am
Hey guys ... QUESTION (i know I could probably find this out by searching the forums .. but as you can see, im posting this at 4:00am, had three parties in one day) Are there any plans to make the 3.4 version that comes with the Hercules DJ controler available for Mac?

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 9:16 am
latin_hick33 wrote :

That's a great question.

I'm surprised no ones asked it before you.

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 10:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Hey guys ... QUESTION (i know I could probably find this out by searching the forums .. but as you can see, im posting this at 4:00am, had three parties in one day) Are there any plans to make the 3.4 version that comes with the Hercules DJ controler available for Mac?

no

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 11:34 am
I need some new skin's for my virtual dj on mac (I SILL GOT THE F&^^ing 4.3 and i bought the Leopard and the 4.3 still suck's........so can someone please i Need (1280 800)

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 9:41 pm
How did leapoard effect VDJ..

Should 5.0 for MAC have any issues if we go to leoprad?

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 11:07 pm
lurchi2Home userMember since 2007
OK, lets get serious somehow. I have some bucks of money and want to decide right now, what DJ Solution to buy. If i had any idea, when VDJ 5.0 would be released i could make my decision.
I hate to say that, but the 4.3 Version for Mac has some good intentions (i love the beatmatching feature!!!), but in real-life (dj's life is hard sometimes) it is just crap. Yes! What worth is a DJ-Software when i couldn't even browse my Library?

I think i catch DJ-1800 - this gives me real simple and robust Drag'n-Drop from iTunes and not a Kindergarten-Browser that doesn't work.

Don't get me worng, but i cannot make a serious decision on promises and Video-Demos.

Tell me the release date, please And i will test the 5.0 Demo for Mac and then i can decide. What is "soon"? 2008, 2009? November, December?!?!

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 3:12 pm
WHEVENER the mac 5.0 hits, are they going to have plans to make it work with the serato box? If not, I am dumping VDJ. Too many issues, teasing about updates and lack of support for the product.
-T

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 3:50 pm
DJ Terry Moran wrote :
WHEVENER the mac 5.0 hits, are they going to have plans to make it work with the serato box? If not, I am dumping VDJ. Too many issues, teasing about updates and lack of support for the product.
-T

That sucks though, then you wasted $300. VDJ has a money back guarantee. Make sure you read about that in the terms and conditions. Hopefully your still withing the parameters.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 4:18 pm
lurchi2 wrote :
OK, lets get serious somehow. I have some bucks of money and want to decide right now, what DJ Solution to buy. If i had any idea, when VDJ 5.0 would be released i could make my decision...Don't get me worng, but i cannot make a serious decision on promises and Video-Demos. Tell me the release date, please And i will test the 5.0 Demo for Mac and then i can decide. What is "soon"? 2008, 2009? November, December?!?!

Realistically, doesn't it make sense that VDJ Mac would be tested and released a few weeks (2 maybe, 3 probably, 4 no more hopefully) after Apple's new Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system was released last Friday?

If I owned Atomix and was about to launch a product for the first time on a new platform, I would definitely want to ensure compatability with the latest version of that platform's OS.

My personal feeling is that we Mac users will really have something to give thanks for this Thanksgiving holiday week.

DJ Terry Moran wrote :
WHEVENER the mac 5.0 hits, are they going to have plans to make it work with the serato box?

Doesn't it seem like with all of the integration VDJ already does with SSL (timecode, crates, etc.), that that would make sense? Afterall, it's Virtual Vinyl which has a hardware tie-in to it's proprietary Numark box, not VDJ.

However, "no one knows what Atomix is gonna do until Atomix does it" (that's a standard Apple answer for any inquiries regarding unreleased or unannounced Apple related products, services, etc.). ;)

I actually don't have a "Yes or No" answer because I don't care about SSL. I only care about having the most full featured digital dj/turntablist/Visual Turntablist solution available that is years ahead of them in visual element manipulation.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 8:06 pm
Thanksgiving weekend was 3 weeks ago...here in Canada!

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 8:41 pm
What do you all think about MEGASEG. I'm a mobile Dj. I dont do clubs or mix of any sort. I do alot of holiday parties and weddings. MEGASEG compared to VD for Mac. what is yalls take

?????????????????????????

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 1:30 am
I have no opinion because I didn't know about MEGASEG until your post, but I'm looking at it right now and it looks pretty good. I'm looking for a back-up software program in case my Virtual Vinyl software decides to crap out on me. I'm gonna try the MEGASEG demo and let you know how it stacks up against VV (and VDJ).

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:07 am
Well let me know what you think after you try it. If anyone else knows anything about Mega Seg for Mac please let me know. Like I said b/4 i dont mix at clubs or use viynal. I'm a mobile dj

Please LOOK INTO MEGA SEG FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 5:11 am
MegaSeg is garbage. There are other programs beside VDJ that are better than that. SSL, Tractor, Torq...

You being a mobile..Your best bet is VIRTUAL DJ. It's great for mobiles as it can be easily adapted to various soundcards, midi controllers, timecode...ect. The Mac version is on its way. I'm just as frustrated with the wait as others but the Windows version is 85-90% there. A few more fixes and it will be solid. It sucks we have to but I RUN VDJ on my Macbook Pro (Leopard) via Bootcamp and XP. It works great! I'll probably use the windows version even when the Mac is released.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:58 am
I bought torq when it first came out. I don't like it. I haven't opened the program for some time now. Maybe there are updates to make it better. If this goes on much longer I may update it and give it a try again.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 10:38 am
MegaSeg is a very basic program that costs a lot of money (I own it). I have been using it until VD 5.0 is released. Put it this way, a child could use it... The only real pos. features are seg ability from one song to another, able to work hand & hand with iTunes and genre capability. Mixing is out of the question and no bells and whistles (forget video).

My 2 cents!

DJ maestrolk

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 1:48 pm
95%