Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question About Virtual DJ - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yah i think it betta to lock now :)

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Freedom of speech...

there is nothing wrong with people's opinions

at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it all about what you think that matters.

It's harder to discuss some topics more then others.

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:06 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ calinte123

"all the best djs in the world use serato" i like to point out this one does'nt, i use VDJ and i ain't from NY...lol

Tayla

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:19 pm
Serato Scratch Live to me is the best 'Vinyl Emulation' software you can get. The timecode tracks very well, no bells and whisltes, no automix, no sync, ect...Its very easy to set up, rarely crashes (for me at least), and is easy to switch DJ's during a gig. Beside the waveform you still need to have the skills to use it. Thats why you see alot of professional/club DJ's using it. Right now it is the 'Industry Standard' just as Technics 1200's and Pioneer CDJ's are. I purchased the Virtual Vinyl package (VDJ just sold as a Numark product) strictly for the use of videos. At first glance I was like..."Yeah right!" I had constant problems with the software and was very frustrated. I already made the decision to move to all video sets and spent alot of money, so there was non turning back. Now I have everything sorted and have 3 ALL VIDEO residencies (thurs, fri, sat) for quite a substantial pay increase! I would not be doing video without VDJ!

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:31 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Oh look no more posts from Caliente123.

I'm a Club/Circuit US guy who does use VDJ proudly! I used it at my gigs in Pittsburgh and Denver this year not to mention all throughout Mardi Gras, and Southern Decadence. Heck I even use it when I make my Sirius Satellite Radio mixshows!

I do mobile gigs too but don't use it for those because the club gigs far outweigh the mobile ones. I don't want to waste space on the harddrive for the mobile music.

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 9:45 pm
Everyone here seems to be blind when it comes to the fact that virtual dj should make their own interface instead of them freeloading off of another companies. Virtual dj is a software that makes an nobody sound good. Serato makes a good dj perform better rather than making him sound superior. Virtual dj does than. You cannot comapre the dj s over seas from the ones in New York. The flow here is raw. Its alot of competeion and you have to be good to be noticed. Virtual dj mixes video but, if you cant afford serato then why would like to dj a party using virtual dj if you cant eve afford to buy big screens or plasmas. Dj ying videos requires you to spend more money on extras and videos from a monthly subscription. If Djs like Funk master flex, Mr cee, Camilo, Precise, Spin bad, Red Alert, Kid capri, Jazzy jeff & hundreds more that use serato dont know what real software is. Then they must not know anthing. These guys are dj almost everyday. Everyday equals using something relaible. Dont deny what works well.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:53 am
DJ Cyder wrote :

Because they are paid to do so. You might not understand everything about marketing but its one thing that Rane does very well. These djs are givin the software to use why would they pay for something if they can get it for free. You can think what you want but the truth of the matter is most if not all of the djs are on the serato payroll.

I WISH I CAN POST THIS STATEMENT MILLIONS OF TIMES BECAUSE IT IS TRUE AND A FACT. AND CAN BE CONFIRMED!

Thanks Cyder!

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:58 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Your New York attitude is in the way of being open minded and polite. There are DJs from all around the world that will blow the doors off of DJs from New York. Its a great city, but not the be all and end all of the world, for DJs or anything else for that matter. Serato is a tool....as is VDJ...I prefer my No.2 US Standard phillips screw driver, you prefer your No.2 metric phllips screw driver. Don't think for one minute that just because a DJ is from New York they are better than anyone else. And don't think for one minute that a DJ is better because he uses Serato. To think that way shows a potential narrow mindedness, and it will loose you respect on this forum.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:03 am
Caliente123 wrote :
Everyone here seems to be blind when it comes to the fact that virtual dj should make their own interface instead of them freeloading off of another companies. Virtual dj is a software that makes an nobody sound good. Serato makes a good dj perform better rather than making him sound superior. Virtual dj does than. You cannot comapre the dj s over seas from the ones in New York. The flow here is raw. Its alot of competeion and you have to be good to be noticed. Virtual dj mixes video but, if you cant afford serato then why would like to dj a party using virtual dj if you cant eve afford to buy big screens or plasmas. Dj ying videos requires you to spend more money on extras and videos from a monthly subscription. If Djs like Funk master flex, Mr cee, Camilo, Precise, Spin bad, Red Alert, Kid capri, Jazzy jeff & hundreds more that use serato dont know what real software is. Then they must not know anthing. These guys are dj almost everyday. Everyday equals using something relaible. Dont deny what works well.

They have their OWN INTERFACE, if you werent trying to use a cracked version you might see a difference!!

I personally think you are full of shit and will say since you dont own the full VDJ you have no room to talk. I have talked to quite a few dj's that cant believe that VDJ can now handle Seratos TCV and are interested in switching because VDJ offers more. Buy the damn software then you can come here and insult and speak your mind, until then you have no idea what you are talking about!!

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:12 am
Reminder: I know this is getting a little tence, but please watch the language... Thank You!

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:14 am
Speed, we're all adults.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:24 am
I used 2 bad words, relax, I will never use the F word or some of the others. It just pisses me off!!

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:26 am
discobrian24 wrote :
I used 2 bad words, relax, I will never use the F word or some of the others. It just pisses me off!!
I feel ya

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:27 am
New York does have alot of talented 'world famous' DJ's but it also has a ton of 'whack' ones. There are so many bars that the market becomes oversaturated with DJ's. Its the same thing in Chicago, where I live. Everyone is a DJ.

Now back on topic. It takes more 'Talent' to use SSL. You can't just an MKII or a Total Control in and call yourself a DJ. You need a Mixer and Timecode.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:27 am
Whoops I was tryin to edit and my time ran out.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:28 am
Heres a point, if you like the look of Serato, you can skin VDJ to look like it. If you wanted Serato to look like VDJ could you do it!?

I don't see what the point of this thread is, are you expecting the hundreds of people that read this thread to suddenly "See the light" dump VDJ and run out and buy Serato? That aint happening, we're all very happy with VDJ or we wouldn't be here in the first place. Many of us (including me) tested every type of DJ software we could lay our hands on to see what suited them the best, what programe ran reliably, had the features we wanted and stuck with the software that performed the best for us. For some of us price wasn't an issue, at almost any cost you want the best software for you. I'm not one of those people, price IS an issue for me, and I was lucky that the best software for me, also happened to be the best price too.

(I won't even start about the free software updates so far!)

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:45 am
cstoll wrote :
OK, so here is the WARNING SHOT --- If this thread turns into a ScratchLive type thread I will shut it down.

Oh, and since the first page the guy that started this hasn't responded and yet everyone here starts raving on each other -- some need to check their pride at the login box.

cstoll

With all due respect, he has responded then I responded to him:)

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:52 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Point is everyone needs to check their egos - the post by this guy was intentionally made to insight peoples comments and you all have let him have what he wanted. This forum has always been know for its subtle jabs and not the all out BS like you find on some of the other forums. Bottom line is do you really take offense to this? I don't, the guy obviously has know clue of the industry as a whole. The points of view are 1 sided. And until you get out and see more that your little bar or club, or go beyond your mobile gigs; NO one can comment about where the best comes from or the best software or the best equipment.

We all have our choice for our own reasons. And we are all good at what we do. And are smart enough not to try and do the things we don't know how to do. So before everyone gets all jacked up on this topic you really need to think about.... and, discobrian24 - missed the post, my fault.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 5:05 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Here, here.

Well said cstoll.

Different people, Different tastes.

Jimmy B

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 5:30 am
Im all good, I just got a little heated there. Sorry :)

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 5:49 am
77%