Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing Slow BPM (RAP) to High BPM (Dance)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey I was wondering if anyone had a better solution to what I am currently doing now. I know we all wish our mixes were the same BPMS or with in 5-7 BPM range but they are not. Here is a trick to what I do for going from something lets say 145 to something around 125. I would first get the song going on the 2nd deck right after the first deck starts playing, spin the track until I find a nice part in the song as early as possible with a nice hard beat. The reason for this is I try to avoid intros to song, I noticed if I hit an intro in the club with no bass people start to fade out. Anyway, back to the important part. Once I find a part that hits hard, I will set my loop anywhere from 4-16 secs according to the beat. Slowly I would beging to fade my bpm from 145 down to about 137-135 range trying to avoid the chip munk effect. After that I will slowly try to increase my BPM on deck with out the crowd noticing a change in the rythm, perhaps a sneak from 125 - 130. It is damn near impossible to meet both decks in the middle with out something sounding horrid. So now I am at the end of the song and I am ready to mix.

1. I will slowly move the cross fader over to the 2nd deck while fading out my bass
2. Bring the master volume up on the 2nd deck while hitting the fader all the way over completely cutting out my old song
3. Let my loop play out a few times unless it sound horrible, while slowly bring my bpm back up with out a notice of change.
4. Throw a quick sound effect in if I notice a bad change in the mix

This method just seems rather ridiculous there has to be a better method to this madness. I am new to the computer stuff so any advice would be great.

Thanks
Chris-

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 3:45 pm
If Going from Fast to Slow and you want to mix try this:

take your dance song and divide the BPM by 2.

Pick a song that is close to your half way mark and beatmatch and mix normally - only half the speed on the incomeing deck

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 5:06 pm
if you working with that fast of a beat then you probably have a song that is DJ friendly and have a non vocal part of the A deck. So, while in the non vocal part of the song mix in a vocal part of the B deck. Now move fader slowly over to B deck and taking the base out of A deck.

By the time the B deck starts, people will already be tuning in to new song when the beat drops for a smooth transition.

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 6:57 pm
i find the vocal idea that Fatkatz uses is the easiest way and halving the beat is a mean idea too. also some rap songs sound better sped up or slowed down - and make them better to dance to - last night i someone requested kiss kiss chris brown but i was way out - it plays at 70/140 bpm. so i worked up to about 130bpm, played the kiss kiss acapella - then cut the music so just the acapella was playing - then droped a new instrumental - pictures sneaky soundsystem over the top while staying around 130-135. not too fast for pictures and not too slow for kiss kiss.

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 3:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)