Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC2 And Video Problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

OKay I've narrowed this issue down to my old DAC2 (I think)

Problem: When PLaying Music Videos at home (practice Sessions) I can play One or Two Videos perfectly fine.

Then The Video will stutter or pause or sometimes It'll load the image from the PREVIOUsLY PLAYED video and overlay it on the curret played video. The Image will be Green lines and a gross mixture of the two videos

Correction for the pausing effect is to load another video into the opposite player - Frees the paused video and I can continue.

No Correction For the Video Overlay - Just have to either change players or wait.

Also Shuttling through songs causes skips and pauses in the current song (outer jog dail on DAC2)
Recordcase Browsing causes Skips and stutters (inner Jog Dial)

Videos: MPG1 352x288 mp2 218kbs, 44100hz stereo
Comp: asus MOBO, intell pentium dual-core
2 GB Kingston RAm 667mhz
Video Card: ATI 2600 pro 512 MBddr2
Videos on External HardDrive (I take it to the stripclub for use there)
DAC2 External Controller Using Cstoll's mapper
Stanton 2 Channel Tabletop Mixer
Soundblaster Soundcard
XP sp2

Windows is set to best performance
VDJ is set to best quality.
Hardaware Acceleration is enabled
Decode while hidden is enabled

BTW the Mobile System running vista and a DMC2 works JUst fine.

Any Help?

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 6:28 pm
No SUggestions?

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 6:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DAC-2 is a serial device and the issue is most likely in the latency signaling of the device. It might be USB - but it's USB Serial - still limited to Serial communication protocols. So, way different technologies DAC-2 vs DMC-2.

The DMC-2 being HID does have a natively lower latency to the O/S and less processing required to interpret the signal sent. Same goes for the DAC-3 since it's a HID device it's performance is much tighter, greatest example is in the jog wheel performances -- try doing a backspin with the inner jog on a DAC-2 -- just isn't going to happen.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 2:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)