Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP - Rane Serato Problems!!!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everyone...
I've been using Virtual DJ for a little over 2 years now and it has worked great.
Lately, in the past 6-7 months, I have started doing video mixing in the club using Virtual DJ and it has been great.
Videos are smooth, transitions are great, etc.
I decided on Friday to go back to the old school ways, so I bought to Technics tables and the Rane Serato to use for the video mixing through Virtual DJ.

I also updated to the latest version before installing Serato.
It hooked up fine with no problems or issues, and I used it for about an hour before taking everything to a gig on Saturday night.

When I got started at the gig everything was great, but 1 hour into the gig, the timecode stopped working.
When i put the needle on the record, the record on virtualdj turns as if it is working, but the sound will not stop and start with the vinyl.

I put on a cd, and then restarted VirtualDJ, and it started working again....but a few minutes later, the same thing....
After restarting 4 times throughout the night, both tables did it at one point in time for a total of 4 times.
After the fourth time, i just disabled the timecode and used the mouse and keyboard for the remainder of the night.

Its weird because when it happens, I go into the timecode setup, and both tables are giving great signal. I let it autoconfig, and it worked great....until for some reason, they decided to quit recognizing the start and stop of the timecode, but yet the record on the face of VirtualDJ recognizes it and starts and stops with the timecode, but the sound wont start and stop.

Now I have everything hooked up at my house.
I have tried everything that I know.
I have changed the sound card from SL1 to the ASIO driver for SL1...same thing.

Sometimes it does it in 10 minutes, then sometimes it does it in 1 hour.

Could the last update have anything to do with this?
Hope this all makes sense...
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Stats on PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.8GHz 4 MB Cache
2GB DDR2 RAM
512MB ATI Video Card
Windows Vista Home - 32Bit
Rane Serato Live
Technics 1210M5G (2)
VirtualDJ Version 5.0 rev.5

Thanks,
DJ Freebird
West Palm Beach, Florida

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 9:34 pm
If you are using the serato Timecodes then those might be your issue.

Serato timecodes are not yet fully supprted by VDJ. There's a thread going In Gen. Disscussion about it.

I would suggest ordering a pair of VDJ timecodes, Or Getting a pair of Numark Virtal Vinal Timecodes (replacements).

You can order the VDJ timecodes from the web store on this site; and the numarks ones from either a numark dealer or from the parts web store at numark.

Other than that your system looks just fine for video mixing

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 10:32 pm
So you're saying that the actual timecoded vinyl may be the problem?
Does that mean that the Serato soundcard is okay?

Thanks,
-DJ Freebird

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 12:58 am
The soundcard is fine - yes
Just the Vinals

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 1:11 am
Ok, one more thing...
If i use either the VirtualDJ vinyl or the Numark Vinyl, will that allow the same features as the Serato software? In other words, will that let VirtualDJ recognize where you want to start the song based on where you put the needle on the record?
With Serato Scratch Live, you have to put the needle at the beginning of the record to start the song. If you put it in a little ways in, you will start that far into the song.
Hope that makes sense...

Thanks,
-DJ Freebird

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 2:47 am
you mean needle drop?

To be honest; I don't know. I'm not a turntable dj. I use a DMC2.

I'm sure one of the turntable guys will tell you soon enough.

But the problems you describe are all things I've read on the forums related to using serato vinals

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 3:15 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, Virtual Vinyl or VDJ Timecodes support needle drop just like you explained it.

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 3:37 pm
Ok, I ordered the vinyl today.
It should be here in 2 days.
I will let you know.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Regards,
DJ Freebird
West Palm Beach, Florida

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 4:21 am
I've been having the EXACT issue as you freebird.. the thing is, i HAVE VDJ TCs. There's still that problem of when being playing for random amounts of time.. the software suddenly stops reading the tcv and then i have to revert to mouse and keyboard. I always thought the problem was that when using tvcs and activating flanger loop outs.. the song loops out but the tcv still spinning... then it ruins the whole thing. Hopefully someone knows EXACTLY whats wrong and how to fix it. Until then, im afraid to use tcv live.

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 9:12 am
To all...

I received the vinyl today, hooked everything up in my living room, and mixed a 75 minute show.
During that time, I used every feature of VirtualDJ that I could think of, including video effects, video transitions, sound effects, sampler, cue start and stop, backspin of vinyl, tempo control of vinyl, and tempo control of virtualdj.
During that time, I also used a Vestax VCI-100 as my mixer (USB Midi Mixer) that controls my video as well.

After all of that, I have zero problems to report.
It seems that the vinyl helped the problem, although the Numark Virtual Vinyl is a much cheaper grade of vinyl compared to the Serato vinyl.
Maybe I will order the VirtualDJ vinyl and see if that is better.

I have a jig Saturday night, 5 hours long.
I will take the tables and use this setup all night.
After that, I will post another message and let you know how it went.

Thanks to all for the help.....
P.S. CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS USED BOTH NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL AND VIRTUAL DJ VINYL TELL ME IF THE VIRTUAL DJ VINYL IS A BETTER QUALITY RECORD? THIS NUMARK VINYL IS EXTREMELY CHEAP, FLIMSY, AND THE NEEDLE WONT HOLD A TRACK ON IT WELL. I HAD TO ADD 4GRAMS TO MY HEADSHELLS TO KEEP IT RUNNING.

Thanks again,
DJ Freebird
West Palm Beach, Florida

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 12:51 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 6:50 am
To All:

After using the Numark vinyl all night Saturday night (5 hours straight), there were no problems with it.
The program ran like a champ all night long with video mixing.

Thanks again to all that have helped with this.

Regards,
DJ Freebird
West Palm Beach, Florida

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 7:03 pm
Glad you had a good night.

CHeers!

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 9:50 pm
When using my Searto Box with Pioneer MK2 800's , the appropiate timecode Cd's are the Virtual Dj ones instead of Serato's?
I actually got signal and all from using the Serato CD's with VDJ but I dont have full functionalities such as CUE POINTS and whenever I STOP the Video it pauses rather than going back to the start CUE POINT :(

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:59 pm
D JKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey All,

Ive had the exact same issue as freebird and I have the ttm57sl, 2 sl1200mk2 and a m-audio sound card with the vdj tcv's, in the middle of my gig they'll stop reading the vinyls. I dunno what the issue could be does anyone know the solution please?

Thanks

DJK

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 12:23 am
I know electricity has alot to do with something not workking now and before it was ok. When i hook up my equipment, i use a power surge with a built in EMI noise filter. On virtual dj, you raise up the latisity. On serato you raise up the buffer alittle only. I had virtual vinyl and sold it because its too many problems. I use now serato and its rare that i would have a small problem. You have to keep in mind that, what ever works in your house good, may not be the same at a gig. I always bring a small meter to check to check if the outlest are properly grounded or if the wire are reversed or not grounded. These things can effect they way virtual dj runs. Vista can effect it too. I had vista and upgraded to XP because i was getting constant noise all the time. I did everything and i gave up after 2 weeks of trying everything.

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 5:59 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
If you are using the serato Timecodes then those might be your issue.

Serato timecodes are not yet fully supprted by VDJ. There's a thread going In Gen. Disscussion about it.

I would suggest ordering a pair of VDJ timecodes, Or Getting a pair of Numark Virtal Vinal Timecodes (replacements).

You can order the VDJ timecodes from the web store on this site; and the numarks ones from either a numark dealer or from the parts web store at numark.

Other than that your system looks just fine for video mixing

I have exactly the same issue too.
Only I don't understand one thing.
Why is VDJ v4.2 working great with Serato vinyls, does not have that issues, and all later versions does??

And second of all, where I can buy Numark/VDJ vinyls?? I can't find it anywhere..

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 11:46 pm
I don't know about the version issues, but you can find the TCVs here.

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 12:03 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)