Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: watch DJ GetDown's video of the timecoded vinyls - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

agreed

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 9:12 pm
Corporate staff:

How about working on this suggestion by apopsis, "what about the one turntable to control the active deck?" http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7750

Once Dev team has incorporated this feature into VDJ, have DJ GetDown demonstrate this feature also. This is a very useful feature for your potential customers that have only one sound card—which is probably most of them. Furthermore, it helps minimize the inability of not being able to split two signals for cueing with the demo.

OO

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 6:52 pm
I'm so sold... but so sold!!!!!!
This is really unbelievable... I only hope to learn to scratch like this monster DJ!!!

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 7:31 pm

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 8:21 pm
ok, ordered my TCV... and now that video.. i hope it's good..
have u used it? Or do you own that company i just spent 32 bucks at???
;)

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 11:09 pm
I don’t own the company, but I have bought a lot of DJ gear from it including many dvd’s and videos. I do own a copy of the dvd that I recommended to you. QBert is an excellent Turntablist and teacher—you will not be disappointed. I plan on getting his other dvd soon:

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?eqint_KeyIDdata=37350&UID=2004070212472196

After I evaluate it, I’ll post you some comments.

OO

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:07 am
I recommend that you use real vinyl to practice with first dj kiteman—make sure you record yourself. After you have learned some scratches with real vinyl, load the same songs into VDJ and practice the same scratches with the timecoded vinyl—record yourself again. Listen to both recordings. The purpose of doing this is to get your virtual scratches to sound as close to your real vinyl scratches as possible.

OO

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 8:41 am
Makes total sense...--- I own zero records!!!!! So I'm going to have to go buy some used records from a DJ that's less than DJ'ing---- Oh yeah, not to mention the 1200's I'm getting on Ebay!
Quick question, As far as a good mixer that compliments this system and my desire to scratch... Is there something that is halfway decent but not that expensive? My buddy recommended Vestax... but I don't know. I know the scratching part won't be something I get anytime soon, however I know I want to learn- and that's half the battle.
Thanks

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:23 pm

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 4:49 pm
Ok thanks OO.. seems you know your stuff. I had another question--- In that thread, i read where you should try to have 3 inputs/channels---I notice your series 5 vestx only has 2... im assuming you split them? I'm sure I can do that.
Three hundred for the mixer---I was kind of hoping to get something less $$ however, if you really think it's worth the extra money for what I want to do... I'll go with that... Why am I going to go w/ something cheaper only to find out I need more... Might as well go with that...
Well let me ask you one more question.. Does Vestax have one that has BPM?
I can match beats.. but for the simplicity of doing things, I'm sure I can use the feature...
I like that Tribal House music... 126+- 130's.. with that congo drum beat... i dont know if that's what the pro's call that genre of music... like BakiriBan... Don't know if you have heard that song.. but just to give you an idea.. thanks for your input.. Appreciate your time...

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 5:37 pm
and hey.. what about these vestax --turntables... should i go with 1200's or should i go with
the vestax PDX 2000--
what do u think?

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 6:12 pm
Out of respect to Corporate Staff, I don't want to get off topic with this thread dj kiteman (which we have done already). It was posted for comments on the DJ GetDown video. Therefore, I'll quote you and answer your questions in this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8455&page=1

OO

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 7:18 pm
sounds good... thanks... im assuming your reply will be on page 2 of that forum?

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 7:42 pm
'bout the turntables, you could check out the synq's they are pretty good & not as expensive as technics
also direct drive, same torq...

Inviato Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 9:59 am
yea its great really, but i wanna do i too :D!! what do i have to do then? What do i have to buy?? What about the Time Coded Vinyls?? More information please!!

Inviato Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 7:36 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
DJ Prastow : Check TCV product's information

And stop using a cracked version ;) (that I hope is 2005's good will for everbody !)

Inviato Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 6:29 am
DjScarYHome userMember since 2005
hi .....

I'm a italian boy --- and don't speak english very vell

bye

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 1:51 pm
ciao sono nuovo

Inviato Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 3:44 pm
como estas

Inviato Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 4:27 pm
foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what'staking so long for the time coded vinyl????

Can I use another like Final Scratch instead???

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 8:36 pm
61%