Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1st sucessful gig with Vdj mac beta

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Nye/sweet16 party thought this would be as real world as it gets for beta testing.

Setup Vdj mac beta
vv box
1200 mk2
digitrack needles
of course a macbook pro

I used a single turntable to control both decks, I find that this type of setup works pretty well however i can easily add another turntable in the future. Due to the mobile situation I was traveling light. I had absolutely no issues with tcv and vdjmac I was able to keep control all night at 100% under some pretty heavy scratching conditions. My performance slider was set to max all the way to the right. latency was auto. I was mixing most vob/mpeg-4.avi files with the full video out working via vga to my projector. Half way through the night i decided to turn clear sound off, I think it sounds better without it the way i use it anyway. I had no pops clicks stutters or weirdness. This was all while connected to the internet i even checked my email while playing ;) I'm really satisfied with the results of this real world test. VDJ Mac really does work for me.

Btw This is osx 10.5 not bootcamp

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 11:21 am
40 views not a single comment, interesting.

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well im impressed with that result at any rate :) great to hear its working for you!

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:43 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hey Cyder, nice to koe it werk out for u..

It werk for me too but can't say 100 percent cos i dun do video. At least it didnt crash on me;). The mac beta is clearly stable than the 4.3. I too had successfully use the beta on osx tiger side without "major" problem.

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:34 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
40 views not a single comment, interesting.

i tell ya

Inviato Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:05 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
All my gigs since april last year and up until beta 5 I did on my mac, and they all worked out great.(not without me sweating a bit extra and crossing my fingers all night though)
But after I started using beta 5 everything went "haywire".
I was doing a warm-up gig for US DJ, DJ T-Luv (Justin Timberlake/Timbaland), I was working with Beta2 and it REALLY F***ed up 4 times in a row resulting having to switch to serato mid-set.
Not fun, but I got through it though. Now, at Beta 4 it's starting to look stable enough again for me to risk a gig. I'm up for a video-gig 12th January and hopefully it will work fine.(or even better, the official version will be out by then!)hehe

How did you feel though Cyder? Were you 100% confident when doing the gig or did you feel the need to be extra careful around the software??

Inviato Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 5:56 pm
Kone,

I go to every gig with a full backup, I assure you I was trying to break it all night, ever since I got my mpb I've been trying to crash it. So far the only program i've ever been able to crash this mac with was msn messenger go figure. I'm really bummed out because I didn't get to post my 3 page crash reports. So I'm a little ripped off in that sense. However I've got another show this weekend and i'll be back out with the mac and this beta and tcv's. Expect a full report from that one too. I was extra careless with the software all night I was tagging and checking email downloading pictures from my phone, thought about post here but that may of been over the top, you name it I was doing it. All while I was playing I'm not using the default skin either. Btw be sure to disable blue tooth, someones phone was getting too friendly with the mac at my last gig.

Inviato Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 10:31 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
wow, that sounds great! I feel a little reassured that I can use it live again. I'll be sure to report from the 12th :)

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 3:22 am
Funny how you ran the Beta version through it's paces like that and didn't experience a crash. I had a crash using the Beta version at 2 different gigs and I'm using a brand new Macbook, 2.16 Ghz, 2 G RAM. No other applications were running at the time, just Virtual Vinyl and I keep a clean computer, no extra junk, partitioned HD etc. I should also add that I was using an external HD for my music to take some of the workload off the Macbook's HD. Unfortunately the last thing on my mind was saving the error report when people were booing me. I thought maybe it was a corrupted file but it was a track that I had played before without any problems. Anyways, I'm glad to hear that you've had success running the Beta version but I'm just here to say that it's not perfect and it might be a little premature to throw a ticker tape parade. BTW, I'm sure the developers are sick of being asked when the final 5.0 version is coming out so I'll just say this... I can't wait for the 5.0 version to come out!!! 4.3 has been stable for me except it's buggy (like not being able to delete "favorites" folders) and the Beta version seems to have all the bugs worked out except it crashes on me. I know it's a pain in the ass to convert all that code from PC to Mac but it's been what?... like almost 5 months since the PC version of 5.0 came out? I know nothing about writing code or programming and I can't imagine how f'ing tedious it must be, BUT should it really take this long to modify the existing Mac version or did the developers start all over again from scratch?

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 9:04 am
just curious, since the mac version has been in development so long, will it be BETTER than the PC version?

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 12:13 pm
Ryan2288 wrote :
just curious, since the mac version has been in development so long, will it be BETTER than the PC version?

Wow that is a really good question. It will be about the same. I presume it's just mostly about the stability of the operating system. Mac is more stable than Windows, however lately I have been hearing good things about Windows Vista.

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 2:46 am
Another perfect mbp tcv gig on the books. This is actually becoming fun. I did have one small issue, While trying to get the laptop into position I accidentally uppluged the sound card vdj didn't appreciate that one bit ops! Other then that my night was flawless. Played out 4.5 hours with the identical setup as last weekend without video this time. However the results were the same great show with no issues at all.

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 5:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)