Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP! Converting a video to play in VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a video I bought online and downloaded; now I need to convert it. Would someone please tell me what program out there will convert a video that is already on my drive. I have shrink DVD, that’s looking for the disk, DVD ripper same thing, so what can I use to convert the video. Oh its a itunes video.
Thanks.

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 7:21 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
go to www.avsmedia.com they have a ripper and converting software you can try before you buy, it converts all current popular formats, you will have to run each track individually while converting to avoid the watermark set after five minutes per track it will not appear if you purchase the software, theres other software out there but at least this will get you started... hope it helps

putting a search out in the box may also help you

Tayla

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 8:57 am
you can also try www.Doom9.org the site has all kinds of video goodies; freeware, shareware and demos of things you will have to pay for later.
But the best part is the instructional material you can find on how to use these programs.

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 9:51 am
rjd137 wrote :
itunes video.

iTunes videos are DRM encoded. meaning they are locked to iTunes/iPOD; and will not play in anything but those 2 software formats

If you buy the DRM FREE vids from iTunes there's no need to convert them; they will play in VDJ. In iTunes they are known as iTunes Plus. You'll know these vids because they have a little (+) Plus sign beside the price.

If you bought regular iTunes DRM encoded videos - I'm sorry but there's nothing to do be done; there are softwares out there that sort of record the video while playing but they don;t work well at all (tunebite), iTunes has a clocking script for it now, so the recorded video comes out garbeled or out of sync.

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 11:18 am
Marcel, What about a passthrough system? meaning, playing the video out ( like to watch on tv ) to a DVD recorder now you have a new version. Can that be done?

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 11:40 am
fatkatzdj wrote :
Marcel, What about a passthrough system? meaning, playing the video out ( like to watch on tv ) to a DVD recorder now you have a new version. Can that be done?

Yes recording the video onto another media device is all it takes to strip the DRM. How ever this is considered Illegal according to the end user agreement you need to check off when you buy iTunes.

As a private user, I'm not allowed to endorse or disagree with this method, however it works very well when done properly.

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 11:44 am
I don't know about the agreement since I don't use itunes - However, I can understand. Hell, I would want to stay as legal as much posible as a business owner. That's all I need is another agency to come after me like I was Gotti or something.

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 12:19 pm
I agree - the Download police are watching

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 12:25 pm
Have you heard about the girl who was tagged and was fined with a 3,000usd charge for ilegal downloads.

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 12:36 pm
No I did not hear about that

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 1:01 pm
The Facists!!

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 1:08 pm
There was a thread on here about a year ago about a DJ in -Italy?- that was found to have 3000 "Limewire" mpo3's on his hard drive.
The fine was Gigantic - something along the lines of 500 000 euros

Inviato Fri 02 May 08 @ 1:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)