Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sound Banks - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

It would be really useful to me if there were more banks to fire off jingles. Perhaps like the video/clip bank (which you can have lots of) but with sounds. The 11 current sample banks are good but i would like to see more banks...

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:03 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Or better still, the ability to save and load groups of samples into the 12 slots... Maybe the possibility to add effects as well, even just a simple filter would be better than nothing. The sampler is one section of VDJ which has never seen an update since it was first implemented. No other piece of DJ software has such a potentially good sampler, it would be nice to see it improved on sometime soon!

Inviato Sat 22 Nov 08 @ 11:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
where on the same wavelength as i asked that sometime back, as well as some others, unfortunately i was told it won't happen because of the os. i've been looking for a cheap electronic cart system that they use in radio stations but the ones i've come across are asking for the whole radio package price, so if you see a decent workable one please post, or maybes one of the guys might like to make a plugin if they ever get some spare time.

this is what i posted back then and was hoping we might get or on the same lines... or even the radio station cart version

Inviato Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 7:25 am

Inviato Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 7:48 am
I've been wishing for an update to the sampler since I started using the program. I'll give two examples of how I make use of it.

1. If I'm doing a birthday party 21st, 30th etc I load up the sampler with Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Celebration, Cha Cha Slide etc so that I can work the mic at that part of the evening and still have two tracks loaded into the two decks for getting back into the music.

2. I might do a section like X Factor where I have the intro music, judges comments etc loaded into the sampler and trigger them at the right time again as I work the mic

If I use both these elements in the same function as I did recently, I have to load them in each time, rather than being able to load a bank of sounds. How difficult would it be to write something like this as an update for the sampler? Maybe have a master fader or bank fader with a load / save feature?

I sis possible to write a plugin that might achieve a similiar result?

Mantis

Inviato Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 7:46 pm
There used to be just such a plugin many years ago, back in the days of version 3.x, unfortunately it's not compatible with the latest versions of VDJ.

Inviato Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 3:13 pm
I'd like to see something like this implemented at some point as well.

Even if the size of the sampler bank cannot be increased due to OS limitations, it would be nice to have files that contain collections of 12 sample references that could be loaded to the 12 slots with a single action instead of having to choose each sample individually like it is now. This would probably afford the flexibility that most of us are craving. It sure would make things easier in terms of changing samples during a live performance.

Inviato Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 4:13 pm
I love the idea. I also want to have the ability to take the samples load them to the korg 64 key boards and assign all the keys.

Inviato Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 7:13 pm
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Another vote for sample banking from me too. Been waiting years for this to happen. There rarely seems to be an update to this feauture. Despite the fact that the VDJ staffers do a wicked job of getting regular updates out. Perhaps we could have one centered around the sample player?
I do think you guys are missing a trick by not supporting the radio guys on this one.

Inviato Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 7:35 am

Inviato Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 12:56 pm
I wish there was a Mac version of the sampler manager :(

Inviato Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 7:13 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 7:05 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Have any of you tried this, http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/1046/Sampler_Manager.html, it not exactly what you want but you can now switch out all 12samples with the click of a button!! It works pretty well. Check it out...........

Huey

Wow, haven't seen that since the days when I was using version 3.4 - had no idea it had been updated for version 6, great stuff!

Inviato Sat 19 Jun 10 @ 3:53 pm
I have installed the manager, but im not sure how to access it to save or reload the banks.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Inviato Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 11:19 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Given the downloads are only available to registered users I don't see how you could have legally downloaded it I'm afraid. It's quite likely the version you have is the version you require. Please register your license and download the latest version.

Inviato Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 6:50 pm

Listen "Friend", I am a Tracktor, guy and proud, when I do any small mobile dj stuff on my own.

I do small jobs for a company that has everything already setup and I’m just another dj on the run using VirtualDJ for the first time on their very archaic equipment.

I don’t own Virtual DJ, they do, and I’m not sure, nor do I care if they registered their version or not, or how they obtained the Sampler.

Ok Bill Gates?

I told them about the option of a sampler bank and they mentioned about a small program someone here had developed. They just gave me a .exe file that I installed on their old laptop and “didn't do anything” so I registered here and all I get is a smart ass comment from some one like you who doesn’t know me.

Can someone with common sense please tell me if I’m in the right place to get help or should I tell my employer Virtual Dj just can’t handle the samples.

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 8:36 am
dj-Koky305 wrote :

if I’m in the right place to get help or should I tell my employer Virtual Dj just can’t handle the samples.

1.) your in the right place
2.) you will have to tell your employer to download the plugin for you, why? because you need a registered valid S/N to access the downloads. (plug-ins are only available to registered Pro users)

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:11 am
Thanks.
As I stated on my previous post. They already downloaded the file. I’m not sure if they downloaded the right file, but it’s a small 248 KB executable.

For what I could make out of it, it adds a .dll file with the same name "SamplerManager".

We have ran it several times and it says it was installed correctly, but after that we re-open V-DJ and the samples look the same. We never see any new options to load or save the banks.

Maybe we are missing steps.

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:40 am
@DJ KOKY I can walk you through this when I get home. Can you tell us what version your using cause it will only work with 6 and above I believe. This is from memory, I can tell that youll find it under effects. There should bra blue box with some text along the side of the box.

Hope this helps, ill be on later when I get then ill post pics aswell.

Huey

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 10:08 am
Thanks beatbreaker1!
I believe the version is 6.0.7 or something of that sort. I’m not in front of it now.
Will try to get someone to look at it and will confirm, if not I, will go by on my way home and post again tonight.

Inviato Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 11:54 am
54%