- POWER: Use the included power adaptor to connect VMS4 to a power outlet. While the power is switched off, plug the cable into VMS4 first, and then plug the cable into a power outlet. Use the Power Switch to turn the VMS4 on and off. Turn on VMS4 after all input devices have been connected and before you turn on amplifiers. Turn off amplifiers before you turn off VMS4.
The power connection is not necessary if the unit is only used as a Midi controller; however it is strongly advised to be used.
- USB. This USB connection sends and receives audio and control information from a connected computer.
- MASTER OUTPUT (XLR): Connect this low-impedance XLR output to a PA system or powered monitors. The level of this output is controlled with the Master knob on the top panel.
- BOOTH OUTPUT (BALANCED): Use standard RCA cables to connect this output to a booth monitoring system. The level of this output is controlled by the Booth knob on the top panel.
- MASTER OUTPUT (RCA): Use standard RCA cables to connect this output to a speaker or amplifier system. The level of this output is controlled by the Master knob on the top panel.
- LINE INPUTS. Connect your audio sources to these inputs. Midilog Inputs 2 and 3 can accept both line and phono-level signals.
- MIC 2 INPUT. Connect your 1/4" or XLR microphone to these inputs. Microphone controls are located at the front Microphone panel.