- SHIFT: The SHIFT button if held offers additional functionality to several buttons/knobs.
- SYNC: Syncs the tempo and phase of this deck with the deck that is set as Master (indicated with the M button in the 4 Decks default skin). The Master Deck is automatically by default (auto mode)
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to manually set a deck as Master.
Once a Deck is manually set as Master, the auto-selection of the Master Deck will not be available. To return to the auto-selection, you will need to press the same button again on the Deck that is currently set as Master.
- CUE: If the track is playing, pauses and goes to the last cue point. If the track is paused is paused, sets the current position as cue point, and previews the cue as long as the button is pressed. If SHIFT is pressed, it jumps to the beginning of the track.
- PLAY: Plays-Pauses the track. If SHIFT is pressed it plays the track in Stutter.
- PADS: The 4 PADS offer various actions, depending on the PADMODE selection buttons (18). See PADS for more details.
- PADMODES: Press any of the 4 available buttons to select a mode (HOTCUE, AUTO LOOP, MANUAL LOOP and SAMPLER) for the PADS (17). Press SHIFT and then one of the PADMODE buttons to access the 4 additional modes (HOTCUE 5-8, ROLL, HOTLOOP and SAMPLER BANK) for the PADS (17). The led of each button will flash if any of the 4 additional modes is selected. See the functionality in the PADS Chapter.
- PAD TRANS. Press this button to set the 4 PADS (17) to Trans Mode. See PADS for more details.
- VINYL: Sets the Jog of the deck to Bend (CD) or Scratch (Vinyl) Mode.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to enable/disable Slip mode. When Slip mode is enabled, several functions (scratching, HotCues, Loops etc.) will act temporary and the track will resume to the position it would have been if this function was never triggered.
Use the left button to assign Deck 1 or Deck 3 as Left selected Deck. When the LED is lit Deck 3 will be controlled by the left side of the DDJ-SB2.
Use the right button to assign Deck 2 or Deck 4 as Right selected Deck. When the LED is lit, Deck 4 will be controlled by the right side of the DDJ-SB2.
- JOG: Touch sensitive platter for scratching (vinyl mode) or bending (CD Mode) depending on the VINYL mode (20).
Hold SHIFT and use the JOG in Seek (Search) mode.
- KEYLOCK: Press this button to enable/disable the Master Tempo (Key Lock) of the deck.
Hold SHIFT and press this button to cycle through the available Pitch ranges for the PITCH/Tempo Slider.
- PITCH: Adjusts the tempo of the track.
- FX ON 1: Press this button to activate the selected effect of slot 1. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to select the next available Effect from the list for Effect slot 1
- FX ON 2: Press this button to activate the selected effect of slot 2. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to select the next available Effect from the list for Effect slot 2
- FX ON 3: Press this button to activate the selected effect of slot 3. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to select the next available Effect from the list for Effect slot 3
- FX LEVEL KNOB: Use this knob to adjust the 1st parameter of the selected effects from all effect slots. Hold SHIFT down and then use this knob to control the 2nd parameter of the selected effects from all effect slots.