Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best 19 rack mount mixer of all time ? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I have owned so many ok to great mixers. I had Denon X500, X800,X900 mixer. urie 1610 or 1620. Rane Mp 24z Numark 4 channel mixer, Gemini 4 channel with sampler, Biamp SCM 7600. Pioneer DJM 500, Vestax PCV 003. Out of all these mixers. The top choice was the Biamp SCM 7600. Its been discontiued for over 10 years now but it ruled. The sound was so clean and built tough. Whats Was your mixer of all time ?

Inviato Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 9:37 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I still own my first 19 inch rack mixer. It is a Numark PPD DM1750. Built like a tank, and its analog my friends. It is so old there is only one master EQ, not independent channel EQs. I also own the PPD 9000 from Numark, it too is a 19 inch rack mount mixer, only this one is fully digital. Just as good, and totally different.

Inviato Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 9:47 pm
T.E. The PPD's were the thing back in the early 80s. There is a scene from a classic movie where you would see the dj using the PPD in " Beat Street "

Inviato Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 9:58 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I love my Rane MP44.

Inviato Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 10:56 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Formula Sound PM80, or the Cloud CXM.... classics!

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 3:23 am

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:04 am
Citronic SM-450, used them in various clubs over the years and never let me down. Top dog!

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:29 am
Sorry not a rackmount mixer... They(19") made it to Quebec but never made it in the maiinstream club market when I started out as a DJ until the 90s or a club on a budget. A little different style where I come from and still popular in some dance clubs in Quebec today. The old schoolers still use this or similar. 2 tables on the right or left. I will upload a pic of me and them back in the day when I find a Polaroid(lol). A Yamaha PM-430 modified with turntable preamps. Crazy sound quality even compared to todays DJ mixers. At the time it was the only mixer on the market with light touch smooth 100mm faders and a good quality headphone monitor volume. DJs from outside Quebec never understood why we used boards like this. I introduced this type to many clubs in Toronto back in the day(early 80s). I miss it!!! Don't miss carrying the vinyl though(usually 12 crates back then). Mixer not recommended for beat jugglers...

Funkmasterfrank

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 8:00 pm
Had a Tascam X-15 and it was great however I upgraded to a DNX900 and the buttons burnt out. I use a Studiomaster C3X and a RMX now awesome rare combo.

Inviato Sat 02 May 09 @ 10:51 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe not the best today but i still love and use my over 20 year old Citronic SM 607 .....

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 5:13 am
From all 19" mixers I'd have to say Allen & Heath Xone:464.

Excellent piece of equipment. The only thing wrong with it is that the channel LEDs are only 4 bars long, which is pure stupidity.

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 5:44 am
Denon X500 is one of the best that I have ever used. Capable of playing 8 tracks, effects, and has booth outputs and a sub or light controller output.

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 11:19 am
DJRyan0924 wrote :
Denon X500 is one of the best that I have ever used. Capable of playing 8 tracks, effects, and has booth outputs and a sub or light controller output.

+1

2 independent mic input with 2 independent eq and on/off for each mic
4 ch
matrix (any input of 8 out to any ch of 4 out)
booth out
xlr out
rca balanced out
rca unbalanced out
sub/lighting out
effect in/out /dry/wet
not so many ru.

and the best preamp ever. for mic1, mic2, and hp

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 2:19 pm
I've had a few mixers too, but the best one for me so far is the XONE-S2 http://www.xone.co.uk/s2/
19" and only 6U, has mint features including mic voice over that works and best of all lots of flashing lights!

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:03 pm
djkz wrote :
DJRyan0924 wrote :

+1

2 independent mic input with 2 independent eq and on/off for each mic
4 ch
matrix (any input of 8 out to any ch of 4 out)
booth out
xlr out
rca balanced out
rca unbalanced out
sub/lighting out
effect in/out /dry/wet
not so many ru.

and the best preamp ever. for mic1, mic2, and hp

+ 2

i love my x500... i would never trade it..
dont forget the rotary option that it has

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:52 pm
OK, it\'s neither a 19\" Rack Mount, nor really a candidate for best of all time...
But it\'s fun to remember. Anyone else start out on one of these? I had a DJ Pal of mine who used one way back in the day (\'83-\'84). He let me borrow his when he wasn\'t using it until I got the $ for my own gear. Clearly it\'s pales by comparison to todays mixers, but back in the day this little gadget did a pretty darn good job. I know for those on a budget it was a no brainer until one could step up to a Numark or even better yet, a GLI.

Inviato Sun 30 May 10 @ 9:53 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I Like That But This Is The Best Mixer Of All Time(NO USB) And You Can Use A 9vBattTo Power It Up,And This Is What You Can Use To Rock The House With.

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 12:24 am
Hahaha, I started with one of those! So annoyed that I threw it away. It cost my dad £5 from a car boot sale. I ran a pair of matsui hifi cd players through it.

My first gig ever (a 10th birthday party) the batteries went flat half way through and the sound got all distorted!

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 7:19 am
Rodec MX180 and vestax PMC-CX

but Rodec is indestructible.

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 8:32 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I really like my Rodec BX-14, it's a great mixer.

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 8:42 am
35%