Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best 19 rack mount mixer of all time ? - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Here is one of my old mixers from the Mid 80's (A MAT AMP SUPERNOVA) I still have this mixer but sadley Mat Has Past Away who designed this mixer, but his Legacy still lives on with his Pro DJ & Band Equipment.

I use to work with the Radio1 Roadshow and Djayed from this mixer whilst broadcasting over the radio live,

It was not a cheap mixer, but like everything that use to be hand made in England... It was best in the World..

Now I tend to use Formula Sound Mixers (Again Hand Made In The UK) and Allen & Heath Mixers

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 2:32 pm
My vote goes for the Allen & Heath XOne 3d and 4d

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 4:33 pm
The Numark PPD DM-1975 was the first standalone and 19" mixer I ever bought and until recently the ONLY 19" mixer I had ever bought. Prior to that I had a succession if "twin decks" mainly with rotary dials and built in amps - No pitch and a choice of 33, 45 & 78rpm...

The DM-1975 was "bleeding edge" - a built in 4 "digital" second sampler which could also be configured as a delay or echo and even had it's own rotary pitch control!!! This baby was (and stll is) rock solid and to this date (22 years later) has not let me down.

At the same time I bought the 1975 I also bought my 1210's and flight cased them in 5 star (built like a tank) cases.

I had just been promoted at work and got a company car. So I sold my own car and bought the above with the proceeds!

And it was my first candidate when I wanted start with VDJ & my RMX in external mixer mode. Tried it a few times, but it was just too deep to go in my flightcase with the RMX. Has also been configured as a backup system with my twin SD card player.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Mon 31 May 10 @ 4:55 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wow, loving that Matamp desk, was it part of Froggy's old system? I know his kit was used by Radio 1 in the early days of the roadshows...

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 4:25 am
Numark PPD DM-1975 and the PPD DM-1900 was hot back in the day but look at this.

Numark MMX-1000 PPD Rotary mixer

Numark had the shit back in the day

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 5:57 am
The MTX 350 was hot to (Still use it sometime sound damn good)

Numark had one just like this. And that was my first club mixer I played on just don't remember the model number of
it. If anyone does let me know.

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 6:20 am
My choice would be Vestax PMC15

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 7:34 am
haha ahhh... my first mixer EVER was the behringer vmx1000. lil fuzzy sound, but i learned how to scratch, mix, beatmatch, etc on that mixer. ahh the memories. only 180 bucks too. lol

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 8:18 am
DJSTEVEZ wrote :
OK, it\'s neither a 19\" Rack Mount, nor really a candidate for best of all time...
But it\'s fun to remember. Anyone else start out on one of these? I had a DJ Pal of mine who used one way back in the day (\'83-\'84). He let me borrow his when he wasn\'t using it until I got the $ for my own gear. Clearly it\'s pales by comparison to todays mixers, but back in the day this little gadget did a pretty darn good job. I know for those on a budget it was a no brainer until one could step up to a Numark or even better yet, a GLI.

a memories..

this was also my first mixer..

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 11:22 am
well for me there are 2 all time favourite mixers one for mobile work (which shows my age) and one for club work they are the citronic sm607 for mobile work one of the best mixers citronic ever made(back whrn they were a british company using quality components unlike today) and club wise the cloud cxm blew everything else away not cheap they cost around £2000 but what a mixer still use one at a club in worcester uk it\\\'s about 13yrs old now and still going (it has had it faders replaced once in that time)

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 11:39 am
Bloody hell.... Been a long time since I heard "Roger Squires" mentioned in public ... lol

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 12:31 pm
audio000:

Do you perhaps mean the Numark CM-100? If so, that's the first 19" mixer I used. Still was using it until it burned up in a fire this last fall :( Had it since '01.

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 3:25 pm
I also used the Biamp mixer, it was a great board. I have owned several Rane MP24 mixers over the years, while not great for scratching, very smooth and very good sound quality. Although it has it\'s quirks, the Korg Zero 4 I am currently using is also a great mixer - it gives you many options to shape and reshape the music your playing. Here\'s the first board I used, the Grandaddy of club mixers - the Bozak CMA - 10

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 3:10 am
Can I just say I am absolutely loving this thread! Anyway, who can forget the Intimidation Blue:

Or the beast I never had the chance to own, the mighty Don!

If Intimidation still made mixers, I can only dream of what theyn would come up with today. I still dream of owning a mixer with great big analogue VU meters and finished in solid silver.

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 3:37 am
Ok how about this baby it was one of the most used mix in the clubs doing the late 90's

Rane MP-24 (Damn I still have this mixer I need to see if it still works)

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 9:28 am
Numark PPD-9000 & DMC2
24-bit digital mixing with digital and analog I/O.
S/PDIF digital will interface with Numark’s TTX turntable, CDN90, AXIS 9, and other digital gear
Vintage/Contemporary style input limiter combines look-ahead peak limiting and vintage ‘tube warmth’ on master
Alesis® Sub-Bass synthesis and subwoofer out
Dual EQ/filter mode on each channel, EQ on mic inputs, talkover on DJ mic
Fully interchangeable and replaceable digital faders with slope control
Headphone cue assignable to booth output
Intuitive monitor send/return, programmable fader start

INPUT/OUTPUT:
4 Phono / 8 Line / 4 S/PDIF digital stereo inputs (RCA)
2x mic preamp (1/4”-XLR neutrik combo jack)
Master out (XLR balanced, RCA Unbalanced) with rear mounted analog master gain reduction
Record out (RCA analog, S/PDIF digital)
Booth out (1/4” unbalanced)
Zone out (1/4” unbalanced)
Sub woofer out (mono, 1/4” unbalanced) with adjustable LP filter
Send/return (stereo, 1/4” unbalanced)
FIDELITY SPECIFICATIONS:
>100dB SNR (weighted), full path
Frequency response: 10Hz-20kHz +/-0.5dB
<0.005% THD (Total Harmonic Distortion)
Premium quality, low noise op-amps
DIGITAL SPECIFICATIONS:
24-bit, 48kHz AD/DA Converters
24-bit, Digital Signal Processing
Dual Mode Digital Filter, Digital Faders/Pots
Programmable 3-band EQ
Low Pass/Band Pass/High Pass with sweepable frequency and resonance (Q)

Inviato Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 6:24 am

Some more interesting images for you to keep this post alive.....

A very early 80's Disco & Club News Mag (1981)

Just look at the prices of the 1988 price list for this pro MATAMP Equipment...

No printers back in those days, all hand typed.

Inviato Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 7:07 pm
I made a big investment back in 1977. It was a Bozak CMA 10-2DL. I still have it. Love the rotary knobs.

Also have a URIE 1620.

Right now I use a Pioneer DJM-5000.

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 1:44 am
I really love my Dynacord M1 mixer ;-)

Greets, Heiko

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 1:51 am
Currently using a Numark CM200usb - Great for the built in sound cards !

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 5:29 am
70%