Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Some video help please! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys...:o)

Can anyone help me please? I've updated my graphics card to a 9800gt with 1gb ddr3 and my OS to Vista Ultimate. Direct X is version 10 and i have the latest graphics drivers.

However, when I play a video (MPG file) from my collection with hardware acceleration activated, it crashes my software. This is not a one off...this is happening EVERYTIME i play a video with acceleration activated. Whether dual display or single, regardless of the skin i use, it crashes everytime. Sometimes a freeze and less often a message.

I can use effects with audio only but as soon as i play a video...bang...there she goes.

Is there a problem with my file type? PO DVD's ripped using IMTOO to Mpeg's. I had no issues with my last card 7600gt on XP SP2.

My system specs are more than enough to handle the program (Pentium D 2.8 ghz, onboard sound, graphics as above, 4 gb ram, drive for OS, one for karaoke, one for vids and one for music) so i imagine it's a codec problem or something. i don't know. I've tried changing the codec for mpg to windows media player video codec but nothing changes.

Again, this is only when i run videos with hardware acceleration activated.

Please...anyone...comments, suggestions MORE than welome!!!

Cheers guys...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 12:46 pm
SORRY TO HEAR THAT IM LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION MYSELF ...I HAVE A ATI 1GB DEDICATED WITH DIRECTX 11 ... I READ SOMEWHERE IN A POSTING SOMETHING ABOUT VDJ ONLY RUNS ON DIRECTX 9C STATED THAT NEW LAPTOPS COME WITH DIRECTX 10 WHICH IS A PROBLEM SINCE VDJ RUNS AS A DIRECTX 9 APPLICATION..JUST WAITING FOR A VDJ TECH SUPPORT SEE IF THERES A WAY AROUND THIS ISSUE IF NOT I HAVE TO RETURN MY BACK TO DELL..

Inviato Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 4:58 pm
Is your power supply powerful enough for the card??? These bigger cards need at least a 500w power supply with a dual 12v rail.

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 4:10 am
Power Supply is a Trust 570watt model. Powerful enough based on that assumption i think...:o)

Having spent some more hours on this issue i think i have narrowed it down a bit to the graphics software - Asus SmartDoctor and other such useless programs.

I backtracked a bit and uninstalled ASD and then tried again - my vids worked with hardware acceleration on!!!! Yeah!!!

However, as I installed Vista on top of XP, i thought it would be better to format my drive and go with a clean install of Vista Ultimate instead of having lots of old XP junk lying about in there. I've already installed vista and am now d/l'ing all the drivers and stuff before reinstalling VDJ and trying again.

Fingers, arms, legs etc etc etc crossed and i'll update this when i get my results.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 5:11 am
Yup do a fresh install and see what happens.

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 5:18 am
DISCOBRIAN ON MY LAPTOP WHATS MY POWER SOLUTION ..TO GET ME GOING ..DP THEY SELL A 500W POWER ADAPTOR

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 7:04 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
quewhat62, would you please cancell your caps when posting.

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 7:55 am
Ok...so here's the latest...*groan*

Full clean install of Vista Ultimate
Mobo updated - drivers, utilities and bios
Installed all updates as per microsoft website
Installed DirectX 10
Installed latest Geforce 9800GT drivers from website
Installed Realtek sound drivers for onboard sound from website
Installed AVG

Installed VDJ 5.2.1 and hooked my second hard drive back up
Hooked up my second monitor - 15" monitor for testing second display

The main thing is that vids are now playing...so that's a nice bonus!

Unfortunately though, with hardware acceleration on there are random sticks with the video output whilst the audio keeps playing. The video freezes last for up to 30 seconds and then a couple of seconds later, another 30 second freeze, and so on and so forth.

System is fairly solid so I know I'm missing something somewhere...but i can't think what. I've yet to kill the unnecessary vista services but i can't help thinking that killing them isn't going to help an intermittent video problem.

I'm willing to setup up remote access if anyone's willing to come in and have a look to see if there's anything blatantly obvious that I'm doing, so please keep any ideas coming guys.

The sticky videos are the reason I had the whole problem in the first place and yet after all my installs and cleaning, the same thing is happening. I know it's PROBABLY not a VDJ issue but without a definite 'Your problem is...' box, it's a bit hard to narrow things down.

Anyone?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 9:51 am
Wee tiny update...it *SEEMS* to only be happening when i put the output to a second monitor.

:o|

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 10:03 am
sorry about caps just bad habit.....like i stated earlier having same issue video play for awhile freezes and you go back on video and it work again for awhile .

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 7:34 pm
Anyone?

Any ideas about this?

Sorry to push...just really wanna get my video shows back up and running again.

Thank guys...(",)

Keep spinnin'.

P

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 8:42 am
QUEWHAT62 wrote :
DISCOBRIAN ON MY LAPTOP WHATS MY POWER SOLUTION ..TO GET ME GOING ..DP THEY SELL A 500W POWER ADAPTOR

You cant change the power in the lappy sorry.

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 3:59 pm
pionara try this rip videos to 480 x 360 and give it a test ...did testing with screen sizes and this one never locks videos , had ns7,both decks playing vids, scratching, video effects activated and still vids did freeze or pause ....im still looking answer why when i play vids with 624 x 338
.avi or mp4 one deck vid freezes or loads slowly..

Inviato Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 8:07 pm
I'll try changing the resolution...thanks for that...:o)

Also...does anybody know what the hell the deal is with Vista's search tactics?

I search for a song in vista, which i know is there...Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling or Killers - Human for example. The songs come up no problem but a message pops up that says 'Drive should be indexed'. So i click 'add to index' and then search again, and the songs don't show up?

Right...what am i missing? If you take the drive 'out' of the index, they still don't show up. What's that all about?

You know, it amazes me how the simplest of computing tasks can be made so difficult or time consuming.

I don't have time to search through 20,000 files to find the one i want...that's why i use windows bloody search!!!

Anyone?

Getting a tad pissed off now...hmmm...can you tell? My computer's just about to leave us...permanently.

P

Inviato Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 2:40 am
Guys

Please help with this. It's driving me nuts and i'm no closer to solving it.

4 gig memory
9800gt with 1gb ddr3 on board
Windows Vista ultimate
DirectX 10...infact, 11!!!
Pentium D 2.8 - yes, it does slow the rating down but shouldn't kill the video
Card is a pci express 2 card but my board (Foxconn P9675aa) is pci express. Card should be backwards compatible.
I've gone from xp to vista due to the directx issues with the card, but this shouldn't be the problem.
My local pc shop reckons i don't need to upgrade the mobo as it is backwards compatible.
All drivers up to date. And i mean all - i've flashed the bios, updated all mobo drivers and got the latest drivers from nvidia.

Something isn't right here. I refuse to believe that my computer is not good enough to run this program and the last thing i can put it down to is software. As much as i hate to think it's a VDJ issue...there's not much left for me to think.

Somebody somewhere must know what this is all about!

I don't care how bad it is...just somebody PLEASE put me out my misery and tell me how i can fix this dam problem.

I've been at it for months now and i'm really getting nowhere.

Thanks

:o|

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 2:03 pm
Ok...put the machine on automix for 5 minutes and went for a smoke...came back and the dam thing had shut down on me.

Guys....please. Somebody help!!!

Can i find out what caused the crash?

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 2:12 pm
Pionara wrote :

DirectX 10...infact, 11!!!

You originally said DirectX version 10..
did you just update to 11 or was it always 11..?

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 5:41 pm
When i originally got the vista up and running i got DirectX 10. I put the whole system through the update process and checked DXDIAG out and found it had upgraded to 11. Whether I did this or the system did it as part of a windows update i'm not sure, but in any case, it's version 11.

Wouldn't imagine that to be causing the problem...although I'm not 100% certain if version 11 can be used on vista or if it's just a windows 7 application.

If anyone could shed some light on that, that would be great. And any ideas about the random crashing? The system stays on for about 5 mins then reboots itself. No warning or anything. Nothing at all...just complete shut down.

In fact, the machine itself keeps running and the display goes. When i press the reset button there's a wee collection of beeps from the board...but i can't work out what they are.

I recently upgraded my PSU to an 800 watt one so i'm pretty sure that's fine.

Any ideas?

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 6:20 pm
I don't run Vista myself, so I'm pretty hazy on the details, sorry..
but
I think Vista pretty much comes stock with DirectX 11..
I think it was the original trouble that most people had with vista..

We might have to do a search on the forums to make sure, but I don't think VDJ runs with directX 11.. (but I'm running off memory, so I could be wrong)

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 7:56 pm
87%