Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Just wondering,Can anyone here actually play an instrument? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

So you Dj? but can you do something else Musically?

Inviato Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 9:54 pm
Ha,ha...no one?

Inviato Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 7:22 pm
And ayone wondering if Im worthy,my man just gave me his copy of Cakewalk Sonar 7 ,password and all !! early Birthday present..Lol..

Inviato Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 10:28 pm
I can play turntables... oh wait what was the question?

Inviato Thu 19 Aug 10 @ 6:52 am
Around 91\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' with Ibanez Midi Guitar,Mirage Sampling Keys (Modified with Separate outputs),Alesis Sequencer & Drum Machine,S.C.Max midi/Anolog synth,Yamaha FB01 FM synth,Casio PD synth,Moog Mg o1,Guitars Turntables,Digital Efx. Customized & Restored Mosrite Doubleneck, Custom Doubleneck Strat Made by ME!! Roland Sh-101 Anolog synth & Casio Az Controller.

Inviato Thu 19 Aug 10 @ 11:18 pm
Realistic MG1 Moog (same as the Rouge) on top of my Stantons,plus Alesis midi Sequencer,midi to Control Voltage Converter (midi\\\'s the moog!) and other stuff. also the Ensoniq ASR-X Pro Sampler early 80's yamaha portasound 4x2 mixer .....just TRACKIN! Lol...

Inviato Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 1:46 am
Nice pictures and all but nothing proves you can play an instrument either.............alot of that stuff looks out dated?

Inviato Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 10:01 am
there is only one person on earth who qualifies as being cool playing a double neck guitar...

Inviato Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 11:08 am
Yeah and i met him when i was 17,later met his followers like Narada Michael warden =Drums,and Randy Jackson=Bass (American Idol & journey!) Before I got into House music...he,he Thats Ex-jean luc Ponty guitarist J. Leivano,Narada on drums (all white outfit with his guru picture on top of drums,Randy jackson was there and i met them cause of the double strat i ve built and mutual friends back in da day..

Inviato Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 11:37 am
alright then... but i was saying Jimmy Page, but I'm not a huge guitar fan.. I can sort of play piano, I picked up a little to help with production and mixing progressive music in key.

Inviato Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 9:32 pm
that's Good!...BTW the keyboardist in that gig was Walter Asaniseff (i think its Spelled) who's Moog Solo its in the TITANICS sountrack,and has produced Whitney Houston,Mariah Carey,Ricky martin and this gig was just before all that but we all knew it would happened since Narada was allready producing.AND i knew you meant Jimmy page (was Lucky enough to had seen Zepplin Live AND the WHO ).You know Bonhams (RIP) drumming has been sampled and used in countless House & Techno tracks.I've studied the Evolution of this since the birth of the Sampler.Keep playing! Progressive house its even bettter when it has some Melodic content.Now who I've been talking about Who started the whole Jazz Fusion thing was guitarist Mahavishnu John Maclaughin.now thats a double neck player!! but anyways yeah I was a strange kid into very sophisticated jazz.now into House/electro. fell in Love with Synth Tones and Midi but still love the guitar and Kill for my Turntables!!...Lol...

Inviato Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 10:10 pm
If you like a fusion of rock/metal and dance music, you should check out Infected Mushroom, I've seen em live 3 times, by far the best gig i have ever seen... ALL THREE TIMES! Unfortunately I'm too young to have had a chance to see zeppelin or floyd and i don't think I could stomach seeing roger waters now he's to happy now, got heaps of dvd's though... I think I might check out the who, never really had that much exposure to them, but I do love eminence front! In regards to jazz.. meh I gave miles davis a go, but I'd rather listen to miles dyson!

Inviato Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 3:28 am
ha,ha I hear ya..saw mile davis,dude was hell of strange when he turned his face away from the audience through out the concert.someone told me he did that to hear himself better.but he was a little too "out there" for me.but the mahavishnu orchestra? them coul rock! though unlike club music this is more "listen and inalize" music.or like Musicians music.not mainstream stuff.as for Zepplin and the Who well..imortal Rock,classic,so much so that they have been Remixed into the present times and it all sounds real good! @ BeatBreaker,Old Gear that the originals are the best.anyone can get the software emulations but.Ask any Techno/House producer.nothing like the Real moog!

Inviato Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 4:40 am
Those first Moog's were HUGE!! Hahaa!! The first Moog's were used in rock bands like the Doors, the Stones, the Monkeys and the Byrds plus more and that was back in like 66/67. Really didnt start getting use in the Electro secne till around the 70's and it was Kraftwerk. Could keep going but you already know everything, lmao!!

Later homie
Huey

Inviato Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 10:13 am
I can play one mean set on the air drums and if I am drunk enough I can rip it up on the air guitar!!:) Been trying to learn the drums, its fun but I am seriously no good. I can keep a beat and make some noise though.

Inviato Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 5:34 am
he,he I hear you ,or maybe I would'nt want to but...LoL...

Inviato Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 6:18 am
With all this talk about the Moog's you can't forget about the Hammond's (think that's how its spelled)!! Come on Tracker I know you gotta have 1 of those babies lying around??

Inviato Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 10:17 am
them giant piece of furnitures? ha,ha in them big wooden cabs...naw! thats where i draw the line...lol.. not a organ purist. though Im sure an organist will tell you the same thing..."nothing like a Hammond B3 !".. got I got enough House organ samples & Sound patches...would like one more classic anolog synth,a Korg Ms-20! an ARP Oddessey,Sequential circuits Pro One!!...Yeah!!

Inviato Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 6:34 pm
Been busy! After My Edirol PCR-50 keyboard controller's keys quit working and opening it and trying using an eraser to clean the contacts (turns out I've spilled coffee inside!) i went looking for spare parts,instead found a M-Audio Radium 49 "as is" that had an usb caved-in and someone used a cement screw (?!?!) from the inside to push it back out but it was touching the board (Real sloppy job!) and stuck out about a 1/2 inch! took it out,now the usb dont work but got the midi working so i connect it to a midiman (Now M-audio) 2x2 midi/usb box that just needed the latest drivers (got from M-audio) and its all fixed!! just got REASON v.4 running and Loving it!! price for the keyboard? $20.price for the interfce box? $5 at goodwill ...way to go!!

Inviato Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 11:35 pm
here it is..

Inviato Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 11:53 pm
24%