Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DJM 800.............(How To Map It??) - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Ok so I have an 800 but the simple midi wrapper doesn't show up on my PC or Mac which means I'm unable to map the crossfader. I would like to know how to get this working as it works just fine with other programs so I know it's sending the properidi messages.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 9:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure you have pressed the MIDI Start/Stop button on the unit prior launching VirtualDJ ?

Haven't read the manual, but please take a look in case there is something else you need to do to set the unit to MIDI mode.

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 10:53 am
100% sure, like I said it works fine in another software.

I forgot to mention that if I have my Ecler selected in the mappers and press "new" then move my crossfader it shows up. But I should still be seeing the "simple midi wrapper" which I don't and this is on both my Mac and PC.

And no my Ecler is not plugged in at the same time which makes things even weirder cause it shouldn't even be showing up!! What am I doing wrong here???

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 11:03 am
I know it's an old mixer but dang nobody has had this problem???

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 2:51 pm
I see the DJM800 doesn't have USB MIDI, just an old school 5 pin DIN connection - which must mean you must be connecting it to your computer via some other device. How are you getting the MIDI from the DJM800 into your computer?

AFAIK old kit that uses 5 pin DIN MIDI doesn't "present a name" to the computer like USB connected MIDI devices, so whatever MIDI interface you're using to connect the DJM800 would/should show itself to the OS & VDJ but the DJM800 wouldn't.

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 3:58 pm
I'm using a Hosa Usb to 5 pin midi in/out. It works with other software just fine. I think the problem is VDJ and the way we need device files for everything, grrr! But I thought it would show up as a "simple midi wrapper" and it's not. I just wanna map the crossfader and that's it, lmao!! It shows up with the midi trace tool but VDJ refuses to see it.

I'm gonna try a few things when I get home but if I can't get it then I'm selling it. It sounds like shit compared to my Ecler anyways but then most Pioneer mixers sound like poop anyways, lol!!

But here's the cable I'm using, http://www.hosatech.com/product/340344/USM-422/_/Tracklink_MIDI_to_USB_Interface

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 4:12 pm
Does MidiTrace work with the Mixer ? Does it provide Midi notes , if selected from the sides as In/Out ?
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

btw...

beatbreaker1 wrote :
I think the problem is VDJ and the way we need device files for everything, grrr!

thats entirely incorrect !! :)

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 4:51 pm
Ok it does send messages. And I stand corrected, lol!!

EDIT
Just removed the Ecler device file and the simple midi wrapper shows up. So the 2 files must conflict?? If so that's ok cause Ill just move the files around depending on what Im doing.

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 5:02 pm
It depends on what the device (definition) file of the Ecler has as first line (could conflict with the DJM if not properly defined)

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 5:56 pm
Ok, I'll check tomorrow as I gig tonight but I do have the crossfader working so I'm gonna use it tonight.

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 5:58 pm
Alright today is a new day and I got some time, lmao!! Anyways what is it in the first line of the Ecler device file that I should be looking for?? This has never been one of my strong suits, lmao!!

Thanks for the time and info

Inviato Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 10:12 am
I thought you had created a definition file (in /Devices folder). In that cse its the line that starts with <device ...
If the Ecler was mapped as Simple Midi, then apparently no definition exists , so ignore my post and continue mapping the DJM as Simple Midi

Inviato Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 6:33 pm
The Ecler does have it's own definition file.

I'm pretty sure it's the Ecler definition file that's the problem. Even with it disconnected from the laptop it (Ecler mixer) still shows up in the mappers tab. Once I remove the file from my devices folder does it not show up in the mappers tab.

Inviato Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 8:17 pm
Yes there can be only one Simple midi file. Next version may have a solution for this

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 3:52 am

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 9:03 am
Ah there is a definition available, but definitely its incomplete, as the MIDI identifiers are not added.
It requires at least the vid/pid to be added and/or Sysexid or drivername

How to find VID/PID
Control Panel ->Hardware->Device Manager
Rightclick on the Ecler Device, choose Properties and from the Details tab, choose the Hardware ID.
Post a screenshot here

How to find Sysexid.
Use Miditrace http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe
Select the Ecler Device from both the right top and bottom lists, and press the Send buttton.
It will probably produce a number , but may not.

How to find Drivername.
Use the same Tool as above, Its the name you see on the right list(s).

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 10:01 am
You can do the above for the DJM as well if you need to create a proper definition and not map it as Simple Midi (will help you next time you try to connect another unsupported device)

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 10:02 am
Awesome!! I'll definitely try to get this fix and maybe even upload the fixed version (if I get it fixed lmmfao!!)

Thanks for the time and info!!

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 10:03 am
djdad wrote :
You can do the above for the DJM as well if you need to create a proper definition and not map it as Simple Midi

Will that be possible with a device that's not connected directly to the computer, but via a USB-MIDI interface?

I would have thought that only the USB-MIDI device would display vid/pid etc. not the DJM.

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 12:23 pm
Right so as long as that's the only thing I use it with the controls will always match. At least that makes sense in my head, lmao!!

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 12:42 pm
43%