Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 14
yeah that's true, but the limitation on the sample loop length is really annoying anyway

Inviato Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 12:50 pm
DJNombePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Option to can press a same sample button lot of times continuously and can play the same sample simultaneously without stop before finish like akai mpx8.

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 23 @ 11:17 am
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
It would be beneficial to be able to store balance/gain with every sample in a Sample Bank.

This data should not be stored in the sample data itself. I want to adjust balance/gain in the Sampler Bank file list, so, for the same sample, I can have distinct settings in different sample banks.

The reasoning for this is: I want to fire some ambience samples from time to time. These should be subtle and sound from a dedicated direction.

Inviato Sun 04 Jun 23 @ 10:08 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
groovindj wrote :
A sequencer would be more "standard" and achieve the same thing. You could just sequence your sample to play every X beats/bars.

wishing for something like this, and advanced sequencer would be amazing

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 2:27 pm
user18457999 wrote :
It would be beneficial to be able to store balance/gain with every sample in a Sample Bank

It's been requested since the very earliest days of VDJ 8.

Also requested back in 2016 and since, the sampler mode (on/off, hold, stutter, unmute) should be separately assignable per bank rather than being global, as bank content varies.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 8:59 pm
Hi, I would wish for the sampler_rec action to be global i.e able to
sample songs on atleast two decks concurrently. This is because
sometimes you want to create extended songs on the fly i.e intros or outros
but you can't since the sampler_rec can only sample one deck at a time.

Inviato Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 8:28 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
can't you?
deck master sampler_rec

Inviato Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 10:37 am
I forgot to mention without playing the actual tracks. The above command requires you to play them first and that is time consuming especially if you have a lot of tracks to merge. What I meant was the original sampler_rec approach, rendering without playing.

Inviato Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 12:00 pm
Skin thing missed on browser_window sampler

sampler_bank select missing ability to scroll

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 23 @ 9:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
sampler_bank +1/-1 should work, and browser_window sampler should work as well I think.

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 9:32 am
yep but, I'm thinking mouse, I've just preped like 30 banks all with 2 octaves of notes, so click sampler_bank brings up a huge list, sampler_bank +1/-1 is too many presses to be healthy.

I could hw dial it but it's actually one where mouse scroll makes sense, like how every other dropdown works

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 11:04 am
This brings up the old issue of not having any way of organizing pad banks. They're all just in one huge long list. If I right click on the Sampler folder in the browser, there's an option to create a sub folder - but that sub folder is not visible in the bank list.

With the effects list, we can create folders, have them visible in the list and move effects in and out of them. Why not with pad panks?

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 5:04 pm
Making scratch & sample banks to share could be easier.
I just thought about it earlier, there's making the bank then you have to gather every thing together to zip it, so then your xml is wrong so you need to remake the bank.

for sampler, right click the bank in the filelist, "export"
scratch banks no easy choice like above but in the bank edit window "export" button?

Inviato Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 2:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Right-click the scratch bank in the editor and select 'Export zipped scratch bank'

Inviato Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 9:22 am
Ah ha, you already thought of it, thanks for the info.

Inviato Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 9:32 am
Can the sampler editor renaming be made permanent. I mean when changing the name, it should also change the source just like renaming a song. The current renaming of the sampler title only is great while searching but not so when including the sampler filename in custom scripts where the source name matters.

So to cover everybody maybe a sampler renaming mode setting should be added in settings where one can toggle between global and local renaming.

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 1:04 pm
Anyway this shouldn't be a priority since you can just load the sampler on the deck and pop up tag editor where you can edit all the details

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 1:19 pm
Thanks for the heads-up Adion about the "Export zipped scratch bank" option, I wasn't aware of that! While it helps with scratch banks, it seems there's still no easy way to organize regular pad banks directly within the software.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 1:42 pm
user28511551 wrote :
still no easy way to organize regular pad banks directly within the software

Yes, it's a shame this seems to have been ignored. Users have been asking for a very long time.

Having just one huge list is an annoyance, when it could be so much tidier if we had options for grouping banks or choosing which ones we wanted for particular scenarios.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 1:55 pm
Hello
Is it possible to add per bank output deck setting ?
This add give the possibility two have differents output for drum, vocal sample, dj fx sample and add different fx for each.

Inviato Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 9:18 am
98%