Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Mac 2023 freezing- new computer MacBook Pro M1 & using MacOS Ventura - Page: 2
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Les I was asking the person who started this post , I saw yours specs . I was wondering which Mac he has since He's the one having the freezing issue

I've got MacBook Pro 14 M1 Max with 32GB memory & 1TB SSD storage. I've turn off stage manager & still freezes whenever I go out of my VDJ screen or multi task. I might try reverting to VDJ Mac 2021 instead of VDJ Mac 2023 & see if it helps. Thank u all of u for taking the time to troubleshoot with me xo

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 9:54 am
Sounds more like a problem with MacOS rather than VDJ.

Are you a video DJ and if so what do you have the force full screen setting as - it was problematic when I tested on the M2 Pro

I just found MacOS primitive in the way it handles it's window and multiscreen management.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 10:18 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Sounds more like a problem with MacOS rather than VDJ.

Are you a video DJ and if so what do you have the force full screen setting as - it was problematic when I tested on the M2 Pro

I just found MacOS primitive in the way it handles it's window and multiscreen management.

I'm latin dancer (Audio) DJ. Hey it works with VDJ 2021 & it's not freezing :) Yay! I even update stems 2.0 but using VDJ 2021 not 2023 version though. Main thing it's not freezing. I hope it doesn't freeze next time I DJ

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 10:24 am
OK, maybe devs need to look in to what the differences are between 2021 and 2023 that could be causing this.

I take it you're using the same settings.xml and it's not a totally new install?

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 10:26 am
I've uninstall VDJ 2023 & install VDJ 2021. I'm typing this & VDJ playing in the background & so far running so smoothly :)

But my space bar when I type on search doesn't work - it doesn't separate words but unites them together. I can work around it. I just don't want the computer freeze whilst I'm live DJing.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 10:42 am
Zoukessa wrote :

I've got MacBook Pro 14 M1 Max with 32GB memory & 1TB SSD storage.

Hmmmm, that's a different processor and memory than the others in this thread. I would suspect that has more to do with the problem than macOS. As usual, there's a lack of details i.e. return to 2021 from 2023, which macOS version? 13.2, 13.0.1, 13.0, 12? Which build of VDJ? Are Stems 2.0 involved?

Oh, and what's going on with the spacebar?

Details that would help the dev's.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 1:44 pm
I have Apple M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 24-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine, 32GB unified memory & 1TB of SSD storage

Was using VDJ 2023 Mac default skin - has stems 2.0 update & on MacOS Ventura 13.2 but VDJ kept freezing if u go out of screen to multitask. Reverting to VDJ 2021 Mac old version with stems 2.0 update doesn’t freeze at all & runs smoother.

Saw on other threads that ppl with same computer specs having problems with new VDJ 2023 Mac version too.

I also have pioneer Wego 4 & traktor z1 controllers but they work fine when connected.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 7:54 pm
I just started having the same issue today after setting up for my set.
Fortunately I have my back up computer.

But been trying to trouble shoot this now for several hours

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 3:10 am
Any new ideas to fix this?

And stage manager?
Where is that found to turn off?

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 3:27 am
SnowDragon4012 wrote :

And stage manager?
Where is that found to turn off?

The Control panel is top right of the screen.
There is also a setting to display the Stage Manager on the top Menu Bar.

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 7:52 am
Hi everyone. Issue with Freezing and chopping already tried VDJ latest & previous versions. I am broadcasting from VDJ and nothing else running on the background. No external hard drive, I have the same issue with 2 different mac's. Specs 1: MBA M2 13", 500 ssd, 8gb ram, 8cpu, 10gpu., macos ventura no apps running on the background, stage manager disabled. Specs 2: MBP 13" 2020, 512 ssd, 16gb ram, macos catalina. controller Rev 7.

Inviato Wed 06 Sep 23 @ 5:05 pm
Deactivate wifi and bluethooth, this solves the cuts

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 4:46 pm
But also renders the machine kinda useless?

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 23 @ 3:17 pm
Good morning, I was already using the old Virtual Dj, but with Windows, and a Numark DJ io interface card, but I upgraded to VirtualDJ 2020 PRO Infinity and PC Macbook Pro software 14, I need to install the Numark Dj io card and I can't If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, thanks

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 11:05 am
You would need to find out if the Numark card is supported by the current MacOS version.

But since the card is from around 2010 it may not be.

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 6:42 pm