Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Virtual DJ Support? - Page: 3
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
PhantomDeejay wrote :

DDJ-1000 was the first offender on this.
It was the first unit that offers hardware effects for analog inputs and master, and software effects for the digital bus (USB audio)

Does VDJ somehow know when a line in signal is present on a channel and so kills that channel in the software?

My DDJ-FLX10 arrived yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to see how it handles line in signals with rekordbox.

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 3:05 pm
---

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:21 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
dj kkfm wrote :
[quote=DennYo Beats]The PC Output has only 2 Stereo-Outs. One for Master and one for Headphones.

USB-A MASTER + HEADPHONE
USB-B MASTER + HEADPHONE

You can see this in the grafic:

Ah! Of course....all of the mixing happens in the software and just the master and headphone channels get sent to the console. Thanks for clarifying that for me!

No you can toute by software (rekordbox fashion via USB Master)or Hardware (Serato fashion) there is several USB X4 inputs or global input / output. Hope VirtualDj will map like Serato fashion to use internal hardwBeat FX. You have the choice in FLX10

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:22 pm
Rekordbox will use USB MASTER with FLX10
Serato will use 4X USB routing CHANNEL to use FLX10 hardware FX

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:25 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
Rekordbox will use USB MASTER with FLX10 and FX software FX

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What makes you think that since there are no available channels on the diagram to do this?

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 8:07 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
Rekordbox will use USB MASTER with FLX10 and FX software FX

Hmmmm. If that's the case, then I wonder how Serato will apply FX to a channel's individual stem parts while leaving the other parts dry. The FLX10 manual seems to indicate that the hardware effects don't support that.

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 9:06 pm
0rafa0PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Is ddj flx 10 hardware mixer or it is software mixer? Is working like ddj 1000 srt or like ddj 1000 recordbox?

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 9:38 am
dj kkfm wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

DDJ-1000 was the first offender on this.
It was the first unit that offers hardware effects for analog inputs and master, and software effects for the digital bus (USB audio)

Does VDJ somehow know when a line in signal is present on a channel and so kills that channel in the software?

No. Neither does Rekordbox.
You have a physical SOURCE switch for each channel.
When you switch to an analog source, the USB audio for the given channel gets muted, while the unit applies effects on the analog audio inputs on the back of the device.

No, you can't "trick" it.

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 10:53 am
0rafa0 wrote :
Is ddj flx 10 hardware mixer or it is software mixer? Is working like ddj 1000 srt or like ddj 1000 recordbox?

For the moment it seems that it's a software mixer. Like DDJ-1000 (the original one, not SRT)

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 10:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
0rafa0 wrote :

For the moment it seems that it's a software mixer. Like DDJ-1000 (the original one, not SRT)

Yes, for Rekrodbox -> fx Software, for sute. But Serato ..... with FLX10

But explain me how Serato use FLX10 DJM FX, because those FX are not in Serato (serato doesn't emulate FLX10 FX via software) ?
(in Serato website they said : use new 14 DJM Beat FX with FLX10)

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 12:33 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
0rafa0 wrote :

Yes, for Rekrodbox -> fx Software, for sure. But Serato ..... with FLX10

But explain me how Serato use FLX10 DJM FX, because those FX are not in Serato (serato doesn't emulate FLX10 FX via software) ?

• Six DJM-quality Sound Color FX and 14 Beat FX

https://the-drop.serato.com/announcements/pioneer-dj-ddj-flx10-now-supported-in-serato-dj-pro-3-0-4/

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 12:34 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
olivier REMUX wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
0rafa0 wrote :

Yes, for Rekrodbox -> fx Software, for sure. But Serato ..... with FLX10

• Six DJM-quality Sound Color FX and 14 Beat FX

https://the-drop.serato.com/announcements/pioneer-dj-ddj-flx10-now-supported-in-serato-dj-pro-3-0-4/

Don't they just say that the controller has them?
Not that they can necessarily be used with Serato?

Anyway... it'll be interesting to find out what is actually in the box, and how it's wired, when Atomix starts to map it :)

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 12:42 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

Anyway... it'll be interesting to find out what is actually in the box, and how it's wired, when Atomix starts to map it :)

From the Serato section in the FLX10 manual:

So it seems that somehow the FX can be applied to individual stem parts in Serato.

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 12:59 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

Yes, in Serato with FLX10 it use 4 channel USB in/out fot Beat FX stems and not the global USB master out to apply FLX10 harware FLX10 to one stems or for two stems.

So VirtualDJ can use the same hardware ways than Serato for FLX10 to apply the FLX 10 hardware beat FX for STEMS, with Multipaging audio routing. Better than use USB master and aplly VIrtualDJ software FX.

I prefer the Pioneer FX than than VirtualDJ FX, or VIrtuald jHave to make all Pioneer FX software with the same quality....

From the Serato section in the FLX10 manual:

So it seems that somehow the FX can be applied to individual stem parts in Serato.

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 4:25 pm
I'm sure someone is further along, but if anyone wants to configure more where I left off. Here's my initial mappings for FLX10.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="SIMPLE_MIDI_11123_65" version="850" date="2023-03-30">
<map value="0-SLIDER19" action="deck 1 level" />
<map value="0-BUTTON11" action="deck left play_button" />
<map value="6-SLIDER31" action="crossfader" />
<map value="1-SLIDER19" action="deck 2 level" />
<map value="0-SLIDER0" action="deck left pitch" />
<map value="0-BUTTON65" action="deck left pitch_zero" />
<map value="1-SLIDER0" action="deck right pitch" />
<map value="1-BUTTON65" action="deck right pitch_zero" />
<map value="0-BUTTON14" action="deck left mute_stem "vocal"" />
<map value="0-BUTTON13" action="deck left mute_stem "rhythm"" />
<map value="0-BUTTON15" action="deck left mute_stem "melody"" />
<map value="1-BUTTON11" action="deck right play_button" />
<map value="1-BUTTON13" action="deck right mute_stem "rhythm"" />
<map value="1-BUTTON15" action="deck right mute_stem "melody"" />
<map value="1-BUTTON14" action="deck right mute_stem "vocal"" />
</mapper>

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 5:17 pm
user12185104 wrote :
sirwesley wrote :
My DDJ-FLX10 will arrive on Monday. Happy to test any mappings from the DEV team.

had a chance to play around with it yet? :-D

I have. But not investing too much time with mapping in VDJ yet. I've done some initial stuff. Can't get the jogwheels to map correctly yet, so hoping someone will take my map a little further, or we can hope the VDJ team is working hard to get this for us.

Inviato Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 3:48 pm
sirwesley wrote :
But not investing too much time with mapping in VDJ yet. I've done some initial stuff. Can't get the jogwheels to map correctly yet, so hoping someone will take my map a little further, or we can hope the VDJ team is working hard to get this for us.

It would be cool if we had several definition files for reference. Especially the files for the DDJ-1000 or the DDJ-1000SRT. Then the community would have a place to start from without necessarily trying to reinvent everything.

Inviato Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 4:30 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
sirwesley wrote :
But not investing too much time with mapping in VDJ yet. I've done some initial stuff. Can't get the jogwheels to map correctly yet, so hoping someone will take my map a little further, or we can hope the VDJ team is working hard to get this for us.

It would be cool if we had several definition files for reference. Especially the files for the DDJ-1000 or the DDJ-1000SRT. Then the community would have a place to start from without necessarily trying to reinvent everything.

We do. That's where I got most of the script logic from. Save a custom file from the DDJ-1000 and then you can take a look at it.

Inviato Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 5:17 pm
That's mapping files. The definition is built in to VDJ and not publicly available

Inviato Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 5:27 pm
26%