Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Virtual DJ Support? - Page: 4
kradcliffe wrote :
That's mapping files. The definition is built in to VDJ and not publicly available

sure, I'm well aware. His comment was in reference to my "mapping" that I posted, so I think that's what he is referring to when he says 'definition'. Even without the definition file that is built into VDJ, you can still map MIDI elements and it does work, but ultimately will be wasted time once they come out with the definition file and built-in mapper.

Inviato Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 5:41 pm
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
sirwesley wrote :
sure, I'm well aware. His comment was in reference to my "mapping" that I posted, so I think that's what he is referring to when he says 'definition'. Even without the definition file that is built into VDJ, you can still map MIDI elements and it does work, but ultimately will be wasted time once they come out with the definition file and built-in mapper.

I meant the definition file as opposed to the mapping file. I was able to get the mapping file for the DDJ-1000 by selecting it in the options, but it was only partially useful without the definition file. I would work on a home-brew integration if I had a better idea about the actual definitions for the device.

Inviato Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 6:57 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
sirwesley wrote :

I meant the definition file as opposed to the mapping file. I was able to get the mapping file for the DDJ-1000 by selecting it in the options, but it was only partially useful without the definition file. I would work on a home-brew integration if I had a better idea about the actual definitions for the device.

https://www.pioneerdj.com/-/media/pioneerdj/software-info/controller/ddj-flx10/ddj-flx10_midi_message_list_e1.pdf <-- how bout this?

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 23 @ 12:11 am

That's pretty cool. Looks like just about all of the info needed to create midi mapping definition file. I was really hoping for an actual definition file, though, so I could jump start the learning process.

From what I've read, it seems likely that the ideal definition file for the FLX10 would use the HID protocol rather than MIDI. I wonder if there is a similar document from Pioneer that defines their HID configuration. I searched but didn't find one.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 23 @ 4:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The List of MIDI messages from Pioneer's website is indeed a good start to create a definition. But will only give you basic functionality as there are many other hidden corners such as Screen/Display elements (usually in HID mode), which are kind of confidential and never shared.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 23 @ 4:34 pm
djdad wrote :
The List of MIDI messages from Pioneer's website is indeed a good start to create a definition. But will only give you basic functionality as there are many other hidden corners such as Screen/Display elements (usually in HID mode), which are kind of confidential and never shared.

Ah....it's too bad that they're confidential. I assume that Atomix as a company gets access to that confidential info so you can integrate VDJ with the hardware?

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 23 @ 4:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Havent we done this for all Pioneer gear ? ;)

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 23 @ 5:20 pm
djdad wrote :
Havent we done this for all Pioneer gear ? ;)

Hahaha...yep... Though I wasn't sure if you actually got the info from Pioneer or you somehow had to reverse engineer it.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 23 @ 5:28 pm
kyds3kPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Got mine today! Again, willing to test. Thank the gods it's ok, the entire outer box was water damaged :-(

Inviato Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 9:45 am
FLX10 part instant double :

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SGso3_ZH4hM

I analyzed in Audacity with what quality the 3 stems of Rekordbox 6.7 are created. Obviously, Rekordbox creates two Stems with resolution up to 11000 Hz, for the vocal, and the other part. And the 3rd stem (drum), which is the rest of the music without vocals and other part and created by phase inversion. (Drums = original audio-Vocals stem- other stem). This causes the stem drums to contain all the missing bits by subtraction. If I replay in Audacity the 3 stems at the same time with the original audio in phase inversion, I have silence. So the 3 stems played together are bits perfect.

And in Rekodrbox 6.7 BEAT FX routing stems is so :
if 3 stems are on in FX Rekrodbox section : internal Rekordbox 6.7 engine play your original audio
but if one or two stems are selected in FX Rekordbox section : internal Rekordbox 6.7 plays the 3 stems all together (together they are bit perfects thanks to drum part) and not play the original audio file, and apply only fx to the selected STEMS in FX section....

Here the stems Quality in Rekordbox version 6.7 in audacity :

You can see the 11khz cutoff, and that DRUM part is the diffence of Original - (drum spleeter +other spleeter). Drum is used to reach bit perfects when all 3 stems are played and routed together for FX routing in Rekordbox V6.7 and FLX10. :)

So in RKB 6.7 is better to use : DRUM+VOCAL or DRUM+Other, and only stem FX...

Hope Stems will be improved in Rekordbox 7 and FLX10 compatible with VirtualDJ too for better stems :)

Inviato Wed 05 Apr 23 @ 4:16 am
HELLO VDJ CREW
do we have date of Virtual DJ Support for FLX 10 my flx coming tomorrow :-)

Inviato Thu 06 Apr 23 @ 11:58 am
My question is when will vdj have the flx10 available to use in the program Im just waiting for it received my flx10 last week but haven’t used it cuz I’m a vdj program user

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 23 @ 3:20 am
The rane four is now supported and when is coming finally the FLX 10?

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 8:50 am
DJNombePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am waiting for the official support too with Virtual DJ PRO FLX10.

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 11:44 am
Does anyone know how far the development for the pioneer flx 10 is? Best regards

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 3:26 pm
kyds3kPRO InfinityMember since 2015
TeeWee83 wrote :
Does anyone know how far the development for the pioneer flx 10 is? Best regards

You're probably best off frantically reloading this page, like I am:

https://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html?brand=pioneer

That, and joining/observing the Virtual DJ Pro Users group on Facebook are probably your best bets for the latest info.

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 2:09 pm
Hi,

Received my FLX 10 :
-> Rekordbox use software beat.color FX RKB 6 routing
-> Serato use native Pioneer FLX10 FX beat/color FX, with strange USB hidden routing -> not the Serato fx -> so i hope Virtual Dj will find a soluce to use the native FLX10 like Serato fx not the VDJ software fx.

I've measured the quality of FLX10 DAC XLR output via the ADC of my MiniFLEX DSP analog inputs (i use it to manage time alignement of my subs) : result : very very very very very good, the only harmonics at - 105 are added by the external ADC of my DSP not the FLX10 DAC. The audio quality is incredible good, better then DDJ1000. Even near 0 DBFS (the maximum without limiter and headroom in RKB)

this is a jewel and great audiophile DJ product :)
High quality here :)

Regard,

Olivier F.

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 12:46 pm
I was wrong , finally FLX10 beat FX and color FX via USB are software FX even in Serato. (no Hardware FX)
In Serato all FX are emulated with hidden software FX only when FLX10 is connected to Serato.
Hope Virtual DJ will emulate all native FLX10 RKB/Serato Pioneer FX without change the fx or name of fx ....

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 2:50 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
I was wrong , finally FLX10 beat FX and color FX via USB are software FX even in Serato. (no Hardware FX)
In Serato all FX are emulated with hidden software FX only when FLX10 is connected to Serato.
Hope Virtual DJ will emulate all native FLX10 RKB/Serato Pioneer FX without change the fx or name of fx ....

Yes, I think all fxs on the flx10 are software based when it's not used as a standalone mixer. That's like on the DDJ-1000

I doubt VDJ will rename FXs to match the RB names. That would be pretty confusing. I think it's much better that you can actually see which VDJ FXs are being used. And can of course remap it to other FXs if you like. Even vst FXs

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 6:13 pm
Is there anyway they can make it so we can just map everything our self in the meantime until its fully supported? I keep trying serato and I don't even wanna DJ right now cause its just so limiting

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 23 @ 1:37 am
35%