Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: real turntables... fun fun - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

you are all wrong, and you are all right... deal with this!

Inviato Mon 31 Mar 03 @ 11:39 am
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My thoughts......

Firstly if you want up to date stuff - share a vinyl collection with a DJ. I.e. I will contribute a small amount to my mates vinyl collection in return to unlimited ripps. Also don't see that as breaking the law, because I actually part own the record, and technically as long as we don't play at the same time its cool.

I know what the vinyl junkies are getting at - in terms of control (this could be solved with a decent controller though), and an intersting point to note with regards to what was said about vinyl be warm and analog. Apparently it take more work for the human brain to decode digital sound and becomes tired quicker. Something to do with the harmonics? Does anybody know anything about psycho acoustics? And has anybody ever noticed that effect, and that you can go on longer with vinyl?

Lastly I am completly pro atomix, i use it all the time, purley for what you can do with it. I think you can't really compare with vinyl as they are on different levels, same end result but completly different way of thinking or doing.

Dan

Inviato Tue 01 Apr 03 @ 10:48 pm
vinyl is easier to mix in than Cd's, i've used them both and I would have to say that if I ever had to use CD's, I'd make sure no one else can hear me mix them in as I find them too hard on a real turntable, ya can't just beatmatch em like ya can on atomix, but a vinyl, ya can use ya hands to speed up, slow down, or just loop any tune. Cd's are cool as they're bought out more often, but vinyls would be the one I'd prefere to use.

Does anyone else agree with what I said?

Inviato Mon 14 Apr 03 @ 1:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)