Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Estimated Time of Arrival for next Atomix? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I'm sure you folks at Atomix are busy playing with the next version of Atomix. It'd be nice to let us, your loyal fanbase, know when you plan to suprise us with an update (finally). :)

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 01 @ 9:36 pm
RiscHome userMember since 2003
Yeh I agree, But the team is working hard to make sure this will be soon... Its better waiting a little longer and having an update that is worth updating to, instead of rushing a release... Just be patient, It will be worth the wait I’m sure...

-= R ! S C =-
Team Atomix

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 01 @ 10:34 pm
I agree RISC, but it would be nice to know what's goin on, maybe put out a little announcement to let us know what the current status is, how things are shapin up etc. Generally just little blurbs to keep our imaginations racing, and our anticipation, instead of sitting around hoping that each day when you log on, there MIGHT be an update today.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 12:42 am
I FEEL THE SAME WAY.........JUST ANYTHING WOULD HELP.......LIKE SAYING......"SHOULD BE UP IN 2 WEEKS"....."RAN INTO SOME PROBLEMS AND IT'S GOING TO BE A WHILE"

I'M GETTING TIRED OF CHECKING EVERY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 1:58 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Check the General Discussion forum. I just asked about the 1.13 release. Ran into some technical problems, so it will be some more weeks till the new release.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 4:56 am
Yeah I caught that part Grimm. The point is, it would take alot less effort, and save the atomix team time, if they posted news. They would no longer have to deal with telling us that it would be out this week, only to reply to other messages saying it will come out later. They could just post it and everyone would no what was happening. It really is in everyone's best interest, we stay informed, and they don't have to listen to us bitch and moan.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 7:20 am
Maybe they need someone to maintain the web site? Wonder if they're taking any volunteers... ;)

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 11:11 am
Yeah I totally agree. Although I'm sure they're busy, it wouldn't be too much to just toss a couple of words on the front page informing us of their status. Just my 2 cents.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 11:11 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Dear users of atomix,

Last week I have post a msg with the release date of Atomixmp3 : This monday!

But as you have seen, the next version is not avaible for the moment!

I don' want to post a new date because I don't know the exact status but I just can say that I think we have just 4-5 days in late so just be patient one or two weeks more, thanks in advance!

Yan-X

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 12:16 pm
Yeah no doubt Grimm, I'm sure we could find someone to lend a hand. That's what I'm talking about... they don't have to do everything themselves. I put a letter in offering anything I could do to assist the team, and haven't so much as a reply. So obviously they don't want help, though they may need it. The feeling I get is that the natives are getting restless, and if someone else comes out with a decent DJing prog right now, there is not going to be a lot of loyalty. I think alot of people feel ignored by the Atomix "TEAM". Just making observations.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 6:52 pm
polPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Guys...

You can't EVER imagine how hard we work. Be patient, you will think it's worth the wait.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 9:11 pm
I think the Atomix Team is doing great. Yan and Pol, thanks for responding to your concerned fanbase. We're awaiting something great and we're sure you guys will deliver. The thing is knowing all that greatness is coming makes it that much harder to wait let alone wait patiently. Go Atomix! :)

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 10:20 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
You just have forgotten Risc, our lastest member who works hard too on new app for atomixmp3 like the skinmaker ! and on the general forum too!

Yan.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 10:35 pm
Right-o. Thank you RISC. Bestow us with skins that'll trancsend us beyond our wildest imaginations.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 11:16 pm
Your right Pol, we can't imagine how hard you work. That is the essence of what I am saying. I have no idea what you're doing, so while I sit here, feeling ignored. I don't know what's going on. So I start to misinterpret the silence for lack of concern, and suddenly I start shopping for different programs with people who actually do keep people informed, and respond to emails, etc. It's not that you are not working hard, it's that we don't know you're working hard unless you keep telling us you are working hard.

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:01 am
Yo thanx y'all I DO EXIST!!!
And Saint_James it just sounds like you need to get out more....

Then by the time you come back then maybe there will be a new release ready for you in your inbox!!

Look we are workin real hard and just for you i will keep you informed personally, if you are really lonely and need a chat just mail me.. :)

chris@atomixmp3.com

I'm sure i will here form you soon.

-= R ! S C =-
Team Atomix

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:30 am
Sorry bro, I mistook this for a place to voice concerns. I thought I was doing that. The personal insults, that's jacked up man. It's unnecessary.

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:37 am
Cheers Yan

:)

Signed,
Your Coding m8

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:44 am
No sorry Saint_James or can i just call you James ??

I didn't mean anything by it!!!

I appreciate your concern and i will talk to the "Grand Master" about your ideas..

:)

Peace,

-= R ! S C =-
Team Atomix

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:49 am
You gotta remember another thing. I doubt very much that the people on the Atmoix team work on the program for a living. They can't devote thier entire lives or time to each and everything related to Atomix. I'm sure they have real jobs besides the atomix code, but at the same time, unlike other software, they dont release crap either. I've only experienced 2 bugs with Atomix since I started using it. And even then, those bugs have only happened that *one* time. How many other programs out there being made by dedicated hobbiest perform like that? I'd rather wait longer for a stable, perfect release then get riddled with problems. So let them work on the prog more then concern themselves with web updates.
What would an update be anyway?

"Bug found. Release delayed till bug squashed. Not sure how long it will take, but hopefully within 3 weeks"

What more can they say? What more can they do? Have hourly updates? ;)

"12pm: We think we know what part of code is faulty. Gonna recomplie"
"1pm: Still recompiling..."
"2pm: Almost done compiling..."
"3pm: Just finished compiling. No time to test yet because we had to type out this update on message on the web site."
"4pm: Back to searching the code..."

I'd rather the team spend time on code then web. :P

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:37 pm
56%